+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole

Ole

Re: Ole

Disappointed.

So he's not going to be Warnock's successor then?!

I still believe they're in the new manager bounce. When things start getting tough he will crumble.

Did anyone see the Van Gaal interview on the BBC recently where he said a bit about Man United and Ole compared to Jose?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Did anyone see the Van Gaal interview on the BBC recently where he said a bit about Man United and Ole compared to Jose?
    The one where he said they are equall, only Ole is a winner? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I still believe they're in the new manager bounce. When things start getting tough he will crumble.
    People can improve over time, especially in coaching and management

Are they going to let him buy players?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No I wouldnt have thought so, not many clubs let the manager loose to buy players.

The inference at Man Utd was that Jose couldn't get the players in he wanted.

I do worry about Ole next steps. Its one thing coming in, improving the atmosphere with a bunch of players many of which you have worked with previously, its another then to set-up for a new season and keep the success going. See Di-Matteo at Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    People can improve over time, especially in coaching and management
    When surrounded by good people and excellent players. As long as they are prepared to play for you.

I also think that he’ll struggle as soon as he hits a rough patch.

At least he can then buy some Norwegian players that no one has heard of 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Ole must be a hell of a manager to be equal to all those championships and cups after only winning the Norwegian league.

This ^

Ole must be a hell of a manager to be equal to all those championships and cups after only winning the Norwegian league.
    No, he is shit. The almighty Cardiff supporters said so. And LVG I crazy, anyone knows that!

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    This ^
    Yes. Anyone could have done it! Only. Stats and analysis show they play a different brand of football and at a higher level. But anyone could do that to!

I read an article elsewhere that they are going back to the Ferguson way of doing things, and only buy hungry young players who have their careers ahead of them, as opposed to those who are coming to the end of theirs. They should go for players like Ampadu, who I've always had down as being a typical Man Utd type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I read an article elsewhere that they are going back to the Ferguson way of doing things, and only buy hungry young players who have their careers ahead of them, as opposed to those who are coming to the end of their careers. They should go for Ampadu, as I've always had him down as being a typical Man Utd type of player.
    Lucky for Ole the club changed their philosophy to.match his! Several young players was linked today and the put the cost on them 200mill. Still think that team is short of a few established players though.

Amazing what you can do with a few world class players and one of the highest wage bills in the world

I read an article elsewhere that they are going back to the Ferguson way of doing things, and only buy hungry young players who have their careers ahead of them, as opposed to those who are coming to the end of theirs. They should go for players like Ampadu, who I've always had down as being a typical Man Utd type of player.
    They need to improve the defence, and preferably get some mobility into defensive midfield, but I really can't see them going for Ampadu yet. They tend to buy a lot closer to the finished article

No, he is shit.
    Yes, I tend to agree with you here. definitely the worst manager we have ever had at our club!

He has definitely improved though, from those dark days when he was in charge. However, for his sake, I hope that Alex Ferguson and Mike Phelan continue to guide him. I'm sure he'd be almost as clueless with Man Utd if anything was to happen to those two, as he was with us!

You may well be right , if you summarise his tenure ;

Came in and got players playing who were decent and stopped playing .

Went on a run against fairly average sides ( other than Spurs ,who didn't turn up on the day ) getting them near top 4

Should never have beaten PSG .

Lost to Gunners and Wolves ??

Didn't have any transfer activity ( paid off Jose with that one I guess ).

He got a group of players playing as they should do, who were relieved the nutter had gone and they won, they obviously respect him,, so a lot of loyalty out there for him at the moment..

His next step and team transformation will be of interest , as they will buy big and those incoming players will not have the same loyalty, and those who have shown the current loyalty will be put to the test.

The still have a poor defence
    Poor midfield
    Prima Donna called Pogba ( who is due a sulk and I'm off soon moment )
    Herrera and Mata will be off.

I'd say a good 6 need to be off loaded and replaced with better, so not easy.

Balance the great youth prospects they have with incoming big earners .

The next appointments are critical , DOE and technical European skilled coaches.

I thought he said they play the same way but OGS is winning games.

Hope they struggle under him , I hate the big clubs and the draw they have on South Wales , our population is an embarrassment

Hopefully Watford or Burnley or Bournemouth or one day even us can win the league

As for this United Milan game in Cardiff , feck em, go and play in England

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Hope they struggle under him , I hate the big clubs and the draw they have on South Wales , our population is an embarrassment

Hopefully Watford or Burnley or Bournemouth or one day even us can win the league

As for this United Milan game in Cardiff , feck em, go and play in England
    You have to admire sludge’s dedication to hating plastics.

Looks like Ole is going to be a bit of a legend.. we sacked him far too early after a seemingly bad result against Bournemouth who went to dominate that year.. good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    Looks like Ole is going to be a bit of a legend.. we sacked him far too early after a seemingly bad result against Bournemouth who went to dominate that year.. good luck to him.
    He went after the loss to Middlesbrough which followed the Norwich debacle, Gabbs and Young took the Bournemouth game

Are you his agent? If not you should be