+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Killers worth £82 a ticket ?

Killers worth £82 a ticket ?

Re: Killers worth £82 a ticket ?

Nope.

Tickets to see live music in this country are just incredible these days. I don’t think any band is worth £80 for a couple of hours entertainment, and I quite like the killers.

I know popularity and supply and demand comes into it but **** me it’s ridiculous!

I saw gruff Rhys for £12 recently, much more reasonable.

I thought maddies parents were doing a talk show tour

Are they ****!

Seen them a few times. Worth every penny. They'll sell out in a short time anyway so its irrelevant how much they are

Noooooooooooooooo

Maybe on a good day .. it's not the original band that tour now though?

l guess they must be popular.lve been to drive by truckers .brian fallon and just bought tickets for Jason and the scorchers tickets no more than £25 not main strean l know but there again l dont think ive heard the killers

It would be OK if there was this kind of vibe going on..

I remember reading an article about inflation of various things and it compared a gig, a football match and a trip to the cinema. In the early 1970s they were all comparable in price for a couple of hours entertainment.
    Now the cinema seems expensive if you're paying about a tenner, but the other two are several times more expensive.

Some cinemas have taken the hint and offer much cheaper prices. Showcase in town for example (Odeon is still feckin extortionate mind).
    I wouldn’t pay £82 to see The Killers though. Saw them in 2009 at the CIA and they were great but I don’t think tickets were anymore than £30 for that.
    Are they better now than they were then?

No band is worth £82 a ticket imho. Besides, I much prefer the smaller venues, such as Clwb Ifor Bach, where I often see bands I like for around a tenner.

Yesssssssssssss

Wouldn't any band or solo artist playing the castle charge the same amount? Seen them twice, real value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Wouldn't any band or solo artist playing the castle charge the same amount? Seen them twice, real value for money.
    Manics are playing Cardiff Castle the evening after and charging £43

Catfish and the Bottlemen at the castle last year was around £35

There’s no reason for bands to charge £80, don’t forget this isn’t including booking fees and all that unneeded bollocks

Concerts have slowly been replacing record sales as an artists major source of income.
    Illegal downloads, falling sales etc have all contributed and as a result, rising ticket prices are replacing the lost income.
    £82 - is far too much though

Anyone need a pre-sale drop me a PM.

They went online yesterday; still available as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

There’s no reason for bands to charge £80, don’t forget this isn’t including booking fees and all that unneeded bollocks
    It must be down to the cost of fuel!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Don’t need digs though, James Dean Bradfield only lives around the corner!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Tickets to see live music in this country are just incredible these days.
    I'm currently holding pairs of tickets for eighteen gigs between now and the end of the year. The most expensive by some distance are for the Chemical Brothers at the Motorpoint Arena in November. Those were £39.00 each.

Most of the tickets I've currently got range from between £5 and £15. For instance, I've got gigs at Clwb Ifor Bach tonight and Saturday. Those tickets were £12 and £7 respectively.

If you enjoy seeing successful, well-established acts in large venues, live music can be a really expensive hobby, but fortunately I very rarely got to such events as I seldom enjoy them. I love seeing up-and-coming bands in small venues and the tickets for those sort of gigs are almost always very cheap.

I guess you pays your money and takes your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'm currently holding pairs of tickets for eighteen gigs between now and the end of the year. The most expensive by some distance are for the Chemical Brothers at the Motorpoint Arena in November. Those were £39.00 each.

Most of the tickets I've currently got range from between £5 and £15. For instance, I've got gigs at Clwb Ifor Bach tonight and Saturday. Those tickets were £12 and £7 respectively.

If you enjoy seeing successful, well-established acts in large venues, live music can be a really expensive hobby, but fortunately I very rarely got to such events as I seldom enjoy them. I love seeing up-and-coming bands in small venues and the tickets for those sort of gigs are almost always very cheap.

I guess you pays your money and takes your choice.
    Clwb Ifor Bach is great