+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 CHELSEA. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v CHELSEA. Match thread

Disgusting from the officials today

Azpilicueta's so far offside he's in feckin Swansea

At risk of getting yet another ban, this is hilarious.

Two bad decisions, yes, but the defending for that second goal was criminal.

And Chelsea fans have been shut up good and proper too.

Wow.

Well done ref

Unacceptable refereeing. That may well cost Cardiff top flight football

Cheating English kents

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Cardiff will be in the right league position overall after 36 matches played (#18 most probably...), but terrible refereeing on a big match like this definitely doesn't help.

Well done to the players for putting in a massive performance. Feck off ref, you've undone it all.

If somehow we find ourselves in this division next season we won't have these big club decisions going against us.

Well done to the players for putting in a massive performance. Feck off ref, you've undone it all.

If somehow we find ourselves in this division next season we won't have these big club decisions going against us.

Its either cheating or incompetence

Completely robbed

I can't accuse the ref of deliberately favouring Chelsea but it's just sickening the way the big teams get the big decisions. There must be something ingrained in these refs. Perhaps because their too close to these players and teams. I don't know.

What a ****ing shambles the refereeing in this league is. Embarrassing.

How can you be so bad at your job that you miss that?

For once Neil's post match rant will be justified

I wonder if any of the anti-conspiracy theorists on here might rethink their stance after that. Come on lets be avin you

It was not just about the dreadful offside decision for their equaliser, the foul on Ken at 1-1.
    Last man and a yellow.

VAR a season too late. The EPL owe us big time!

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 CHELSEA. Match thread

Gutted.

Proud of the team today. The amount of effort they put in was fantastic. Deserved to win but were robbed by poor refereeing decisions. If we play like that against Burnley, Brighton, Fulham and Palace then we will stay up.

Sad day. The only time I’ve felt totally gutted all season

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Proud of the team today. The amount of effort they put in was fantastic. Deserved to win but were robbed by poor refereeing decisions. If we play like that against Burnley, Brighton, Fulham and Palace then we will stay up.
    Hopefully we get different officials though

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock, speaking to Sky Sports: "It's difficult because I am really flat. I am so proud of my players. To get let down by the officials... roll on VAR.

"We worked three weeks for this but to get let down by decisions... no major decisions went for us.

"They don't realise what is at stake. If I was a Burnley or a Brighton fan, they will be absolutely loving it today.

"It's not our fault an official can't see that, it is the most obvious offside I have ever seen or the most certain penalty I have ever seen.

"What goes through my mind? Is it payback time for me over the years?

"It's the best league in the world but the worst officials. They don't understand what is at stake. They shouldn't make mistakes at this level.

"Why am I working at 70 years of age for things like that to happen? It's not very often I am lost for words.

"My players feel like they have been kicked in the teeth. We've been kicked so many times. I don't deserve officials like that today. There is no excuse for that, it's criminal.

"if my players feel like they look in the dressing room, that's the end of our season. But how many times have we bounced back this season?"

****. **** ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    What, just those two decisions? What about failing to beat Huddersfield, is that not going to cost Cardiff top flight football?

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    What, just those two decisions? What about failing to beat Huddersfield, is that not going to cost Cardiff top flight football?
    JennyWren. If you were a woman I'd slug you!

Did anyone else think that Etheridge's distribution was really poor today? Loads of his clearances had a really flat trajectory and went straight to Chelsea players. There wasn't much wind, so I don't think keeping the ball low was a deliberate tactic, and Chelsea didn't put him under much pressure, so he didn't have to rush many kicks. It was like he was wearing the wrong boots.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Its not just the result, but the impact it has going forward