+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Manure v AC Milan @ Mill Stad (aka ...)

Manure v AC Milan @ Mill Stad (aka ...)

WTF! Why? AC Milan v any other non-Brexit team but Manure in Wales! Scouse plastics will be annoyed!

Ticketmaster offering tickets from tomorrow.

About International Champions Cup

Manchester United will play AC Milan at the Principality Stadium, Cardiff on 3 August 2019 in the first ever International Champions Cup (ICC) game to take place in Wales.

The game will be Manchester United’s only preseason fixture in Europe prior to the 2019/20 Premier League season and will be their third and final game in the International Champions Cup for 2019.

The two giants of European football have met on 10 occasions since 1958 with both sides claiming five victories. The most recent of these fixtures was in 2010 when Wayne Rooney led United to a comfortable 4-0 win over an AC Milan side that included former Red Devil David Beckham.

Manchester United’s last appearance at the previously named Millennium Stadium was a 4-0 win against Wigan in the 2006 League Cup Final.

This year’s tournament schedule was announced by Relevent Sports Group (RSG) at a three-day launch event in New York City that featured appearances from ICC club legends including Lothar Matthaus, Bryan Robson, Robert Pirez, Daniele Massaro and David Trezeguet.

The tournament format is consistent with last year’s ICC. Each team will play three matches, and the club with the most points at the end of the tournament will win the championship and receive the first trophy of the season. Each win in regulation will result in three points and a tie will go straight to a shootout; the winning team in a shootout will receive two points and the losing team will receive one.

Re: Manure v AC Milan @ Mill Stad (aka ...)

Loads of local wankers will be going to that , it will be the first time they have watched United despite being lifelong supporters

I despise these people

I should imagine a lot of youngsters will be excited by seeing live two European giants , hopefully it may lead to them wanting to see more live football, down the city .

I see it as no difference than the stadium being rammed to watch big pop or rock stars.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I should imagine a lot of youngsters will be excited by seeing live two European giants , hopefully it may lead to them wanting to see more live football, down the city .

I see it as no difference than the stadium being rammed to watch big pop or rock stars.
    Or, as purely random example, a football match between Barcelona and Parma. Are we saying none of us went to that game?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Or, as purely random example, a football match between Barcelona and Parma. Are we saying none of us went to that game?
    Not many went, crowd of just under 12,000. Bit of a flop that one.