+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: Burnley 2-0 Wolves : Brighton 0-1 Southampton : Palace 2-0 Huddersfield

FT: Burnley 2-0 Wolves : Brighton 0-1 Southampton : Palace 2-0 Huddersfield

Is it strange that I'm far more nervous about this game than our own on Sunday? Feels like our next 2 games are just free hits with minimal chance of points, but if Wolves win at Burnley tomorrow we have a serious chance, whereas a Burnley win would be a huge blow.

Re: Burnley v Wolves

Unfortunately, Wolves players, will be more concerned about their FA CUP semi final, so I think they will be hustled out of this one

Burnley 3 Wolves 1

It's a hard one to call, Wolves beat Man U and should have beaten Chelsea - but also lost to Huddersfield.
    They have also had a couple of draws with late equalisers either scored or conceded.

If Burnley are are drawing I'd expect them to hold out for the draw, if they are losing narrowly then they will throw the kitchen sink at Wolves.

Best scenario is for Wolves is to go into an early two goal lead and shut up shop.

Wolves haven't really got much to play for except finishing in the top 10 ( they are 3 points ahead of Leicester in 11th ).

This game is massive for us. Bizarrely Wolves record seems better against teams higher up the table. A lot of their better players have been away on International duty and they also have a game against Man Utd mid week before their FA cup semi final so they are bound to do some squad rotation against Burnley, just hope they still put out a strong enough side to win the game. If we,re 5 points behind Burnley going into our game with them then it will be win or bust but if the gap is still only 2 points ( or optimistically less) then a point could do us looking at Burnley's remaining fixtures after that

Does the team in 7th still get Europa League these days ? That’s something for them to play for given that’s where they are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    Does the team in 7th still get Europa League these days ? That’s something for them to play for given that’s where they are right now.
    Possibly.
    FA Cup, 5th & League Cup.

It's complex. If Chelsea or Arsenal win the Europa League they bump 4th into the Europa League.

Basically there are 7 places.

Currently CL = Man City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal (but Manure could get 4th & Chelsea could get 4th or the EL
    Europa League, = 5th (Manure) 6th Chelsea (as MC won league cup) FA cup winners =Watford/Brighton/Wolves. If MC win Fa cup, team in 7th get EL spot

Basically if Man City win FA cup then 7th qualifies for EL

Burnley are shite, wolves are not. We are going to batter Burnley and stay up. Everyone should stop fretting and start ejoying it.

Dont rely on wolves v teams like burnely. They've lost to Huddersfield twice i think. 3-0 Burnley today

Brighton v Southampton

Hopes today?

Brighton P29 and on 33 points.

Southampton P30 and on 30 points.

Id be happy with Brighton win or draw. Dont really want Southampton getting too far away from us.

I think palace will beat Huddersfield today and take themselves out of it.

Wolves winning at burnley is the biggest hope for today- if that happens ill take anything else in the other games and even in our game!

International

Re: Brighton v Southampton

Brighton win for me. I'd much rather they are feeling safe when we play them than having a relegation game on our hands that we don't need, given the others we have.

I know should say Brighton win but just not sure on them , if their defense struggles could see them possibly being dragged into it could be done and dusted though in the next 7 days.

The main thing is keeping with 3 points of Burnley after our game with them.

Burnley know their best chances are in the next 3 games with our games so tough it's just about we stay within touching distance

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I know should say Brighton win but just not sure on them , if their defense struggles could see them possibly being dragged into it could be done and dusted though in the next 7 days.

The main thing is keeping with 3 points of Burnley after our game with them.
    Agree with that but won’t be too unhappy with a draw but it’s the Burnley game today that’s possibly more crucially

Come on wolves

I'm sure Wolves will fancy and play for 3 points today

Come on Wolves!!

(they're playing that waste space of Traore and not Doherty and Jiminez is on the bench - FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Dont rely on wolves v teams like burnely. They've lost to Huddersfield twice i think. 3-0 Burnley today
    yeah they lost to us ffs!

Just sen they've benched docherty and Jimenez - clearly have an eye on the semis

Conor coady own goal, 1-0 to burnley

Ffs Burnley 1-0 already (own goal)

They really don't like us do they?

Bloody wolves

Wolves record v bottom 6 has to be worse than our record v the top 6.....

Wolves record v bottom 6 has to be worse than our record v the top 6.....
    I don’t think any team have had a worse record against any permutation of 6 PL teams than we have against the top 6 so far
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 30-03-19 at 15:40. Reason: 6

Are Wolveselona doing this on purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Are Wolveselona doing this on purpose?
    Bloody feels like it. Feels like whenever get favours from anyone.... ever....