+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CARDIFF CITY v CHELSEA: THE OFFICIALS

CARDIFF CITY v CHELSEA: THE OFFICIALS

So VAR is being brought in for borderline decisions. None of those today (the 2 pens not given, the double offside goal and red card not awarded) were. There was no doubt in any of them. They were run of the mill decisions you make many, many times a game. The ref/linesman didn't, 'have a bad day,' it was partiality in the extreme. There I've said it. To say nothing is to condone it.

How many times this season have we not been given glaringly obvious decisions? The non penalty against Watford was bad but today's four were outrageous. Either the officials were blind, they didn't know the Laws of the Game or they were partial. In all three cases they should be debarred from taking part in any other game, ever.

There are words to describe today's officials that I will choose not to write. It would get me into trouble. It was farcical. It was surreal.

Today we were cheated out of a game we looked to be winning. Perhaps an unexpected 3 points would have put us a little too close for comfort to Burnley and safety for the PL.

StT.
    <><

Re: CARDIFF CITY v CHELSEA: THE OFFICIALS

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    So VAR is being brought in for borderline decisions. None of those today (the 2 pens not given, the double offside goal and red card not awarded) were. There was no doubt in any of them. They were run of the mill decisions you make many, many times a game. The ref/linesman didn't, 'have a bad day,' it was partiality in the extreme. There I've said it. To say nothing is to condone it.

How many times this season have we not been given glaringly obvious decisions? The non penalty against Watford was bad but today's four were outrageous. Either the officials were blind, they didn't know the Laws of the Game or they were partial. In all three cases they should be debarred from taking part in any other game, ever.

There are words to describe today's officials that I will choose not to write. It would get me into trouble. It was farcical. It was surreal.

Today we were cheated out of a game we looked to be winning. Perhaps an unexpected 3 points would have put us a little too close for comfort to Burnley and safety for the PL.

StT.
    <><
    Give me strength....