Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Apparently the lino's line of vision was blocked so he couldn't see the player in the offside position (according to Radio 5) shit happens. I agree with you, we didn't deal with the cross. I can't believe that some people think it's part of some kind of Premier league conspiracy to relegate us, absolute madness. We were on the end of a poor decision today, that's the way it goes. Make no mistake, the players will be pissed off as much about the defending for the goal as the poor decision, add Warnock to that. When we went 1-0 up we continued to press a bit and force Chelsea into mistakes. We then backed off in order to defend our lead and Chelsea started to lay on the pressure, we can't play like that, it's failed on every occasion this season. I think that Zohore should've come on a fair bit earlier, I reckon that he would've caused the Chelsea backline a fair few problems with his pace, there was alot of space between them and the Chelsea midfield and for a period we were winning the second balls in midfield, Niasse doesn't have that ability to roll a defender or possess that turn of pace.
Azpilicueta was so offside when the corner was taken that it was almost possible for some City players who could see him to subconsciously relax as they waited for the inevitable flag to be raised. If you're a linesman with enough experience of doing the job to make it to Premier League level, you will have seen thousands of corners being taken and you make sure that you are in a position to perform the only task you have at that time as accurately as possible - if I volunteered to run the line at the next Blaenrhondda match I go to and was unable to decide whether someone was offside or not because a corner taker was in my way, I'd feel I was not doing the job properly, for someone doing the job in the Premier League to come up with that excuse is pathetic.