+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We were cheated today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: We were cheated today

Also think the ‘big players’ get decisions that others don’t. Hazard got a free kick today for an apparent foul that I’m sure no other player on the pitch would have got! I think the referees get a bit star struck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    Also think the ‘big players’ get decisions that others don’t. Hazard got a free kick today for an apparent foul that I’m sure no other player on the pitch would have got! I think the referees get a bit star struck.
    Not true. Players like Hazard get free kicks because they have the ability to put themselves in situations where they may get fouled. He's creative, runs at players and defenders find it difficult to get the ball from him, he puts himself in that position many times during a game, he is more likely to get fouled or give the impression he is being fouled. Can you imagine a defender who likes to go to ground alot when tackling, it's a dangerous game to play and at some point he'll get done because he's putting himself at risk by giving the impression that he is fouling. It's not about the officials being star struck, it's about good players being clever, there's a big difference.

G
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Not true. Players like Hazard get free kicks because they have the ability to put themselves in situations where they may get fouled. He's creative, runs at players and defenders find it difficult to get the ball from him, he puts himself in that position many times during a game, he is more likely to get fouled or give the impression he is being fouled. Can you imagine a defender who likes to go to ground alot when tackling, it's a dangerous game to play and at some point he'll get done because he's putting himself at risk by giving the impression that he is fouling. It's not about the officials being star struck, it's about good players being clever, there's a big difference.
    So you agree big players can get a decision

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    G

So you agree big players can get a decision
    Absolutely, because they put themselves in a position to get the decision. Average players don't. All of this bullshit about the 'big clubs' getting the nod is rubbish. it's a childish argument. Good players get on the ball and play in teams where they have more possession and more attacking opportunities. I'm sure that we've had a few freekicks given to us this season that shouldn't have been but it won't be as many as Man City, Liverpool etc because they have the ball more and possess players who put themselves in positions that make defenders act desperately. There's no bias.