+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We were cheated today

Re: We were cheated today

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Butterfly effect.
    We would’ve gone down the other end and put one in the top corner.
    We didn't.

City had a point within grasp after the offside goal but lost that due to bad defending. If we defend that and see the game out then we get a point. We failed to do that.

Why did we wait until the 80th minute to bring on fresh legs?

I feel sick

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Chelsea were putting pressure on anyway.

Can you explain how an offside decision impacts on not being able to cut out a cross or beat Loftus-Cheek to the ball for the header?
    Because a completely different set of actions would have taken place?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Im not sure. Maybe more sub conscious than conscious but the ref would have known by giving the big decisions to chelsea he would avoid attention.

Sky thought it was funny.

BBC 5 live called us brave and and unfortunate cardiff and joked about hearing from neil warnock later.

Nobody would call it as it was- just imagine the fuss if a ref gave decisions to smaller teams! Couldn't imagine it. The ref today knew that and reffed accordingly.
    It was different to say the ref v Watford who missed that obvious pen. He was just a bad ref for both sides. I've no bad feeling to that ref.

Today felt different- not just the big decisions either.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Because a completely different set of actions would have taken place?
    You could argue that for every decision really though couldn't you.

We had a point, didn't defend a cross and lost that point. It really is that simple.

The decisions were shocking but so was getting out muscled and the bad defending for the Chelsea second.

It’s hard enough when you’re battling very good teams for points to avoid relegation, but when you have to play against the officials as well... makes it almost impossible to win these games

Disgraceful

If the teams were reversed Chelsea would have had two penalties, a Cardiff defender would have been sent off (Rudiger incident) and the goal would have been ruled offside. Nobody could convince me differently.

We had a point, didn't defend a cross and lost that point. It really is that simple.

The decisions were shocking but so was getting out muscled and the bad defending for the Chelsea second.
    We had three points and got cheated

Rudiger should have seen red. Cardiff had two strong penalty appeals turned away. The equaliser was as bad as I have seen from a professional referee. At what point do you want to accept that Cardiff were totally and utterly robbed?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    When you see a set of officials refusing to disallow blatant offside goals or implement the laws of the game that is just not on.
    City were very unfortunate with the goal. No doubt about that. Azpilicueta clearly came back from an offside position. If VAR was in the use, the goal would certainly have been ruled out. However, the same is true of Sol Bamba's 90th minute winner against Brighton back in November. That one wasn't so blatant, but VAR would have ruled it out all the same.

A couple of quick points about the Chelsea equaliser: Sky's replays eventually showed that Willian was blocking the lineman's view at the point that the ball was flicked on, and only one City player appealed - none of those near Azpilicueta did. The game is so fast that these sort of mistakes crop up on a regular basis and they always have. It's human error, not some big conspiracy against the Bluebirds. Indeed, today's decision could have a huge impact at the top of the table come the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    City were very unfortunate with the goal. No doubt about that. Azpilicueta clearly came back from an offside position. If VAR was in the use, the goal would certainly have been ruled out. However, the same is true of Sol Bamba's 90th minute winner against Brighton back in November. That one wasn't so blatant, but VAR would have ruled it out all the same.

A couple of quick points about the Chelsea equaliser: Sky's replays eventually showed that Willian was blocking the lineman's view at the point that the ball was flicked on, and only one City player appealed - none of those near Azpilicueta did. The game is so fast that these sort of mistakes crop up on a regular basis and they always have. It's human error, not some big conspiracy against the Bluebirds. Indeed, today's decision could have a huge impact at the top of the table come the end of the season.
    I doubt it will have much impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Rudiger should have seen red. Cardiff had two strong penalty appeals turned away. The equaliser was as bad as I have seen from a professional referee. At what point do you want to accept that Cardiff were totally and utterly robbed?
    The referee couldn't possibly have seen the offside from his position.

As for Rudiger seeing red, I thought so initially but the angle from behind the goal suggested the keeper was always going to get the ball and Zohore wasn't as near to it as it first seemed. It also looked the collision between the two players was accidental. Debatable I suppose, but not a red card for me, although that was my original verdict.

City were definitely hard done by today, no doubt about it. However, I don't for one minute think the officials make these mistakes deliberately. By allegedly favouring Chelsea, they would also be working against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd. It's not a conspiracy, it's just human error.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I doubt it will have much impact.
    You may be right as Chelsea were abysmal for most of the game. They seem right out of form at present, but if they do end up nicking a Champions League spot by a point or two today's result will obviously be significant.

It was a couple of yards offside but It wasn't even the worst decision against us today never mind of the season.

I don't think it's an anti cardiff thing. We will get relegated because overall we aren't quite good enough. Not far off but not got enough.

However it was building up to a big decision going against us the way he reffed from the off. In the end a couple of them did and all went for them. The way it always does for top 6 sides.

The referee couldn't possibly have seen the offside from his position.

As for Rudiger seeing red, I thought so initially but the angle from behind the goal suggested the keeper was always going to get the ball and Zohore wasn't as near to it as it first seemed. It also looked the collision between the two players was accidental. Debatable I suppose, but not a red card for me, although that was my original verdict.

City were definitely hard done by today, no doubt about it. However, I don't for one minute think the officials make these mistakes deliberately. By allegedly favouring Chelsea, they would also be working against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd. It's not a conspiracy, it's just human error.
    Fair post and agreed about this being more about incompetence than cheating but coming so soon after the decisions against Swansea v Man City I do feel there is an inbuilt but maybe unconscious bias towards bigger clubs.

Fair post and agreed about this being more about incompetence than cheating but coming so soon after the decisions against Swansea v Man City I do feel there is an inbuilt but maybe unconscious bias towards bigger clubs.
    Exactly. Look how bad swansea were cheated last week. It cant all be human error. If so its a little strange how the same couple of teams keep benefitting from it......

Those defending the officials today want to think again.

You can’t make error upon error in the Premier League. We are talking billions of pounds per year here being pumped into the league and mistakes like that are happening.

It’s a disgrace.

The equaliser yes. I feel we could have got a penalty or two as well. The Rudiger decision maybe but I'm not sure Zohore gets to the ball before the keeper if I was pushed on it.

The fact is at the time the cross comes over we still had a point and didn't defend it well.

The Chelsea winner was avoidable and could and should have been dealt with.

You could argue if those decisions don't happen it's a different game. Hazard could have pinged one in from 30 yards. We'll never know.

As has been said if it was a conspiracy to hand Chelsea the points then it is going against the real darlings of the league as Chelsea gain points on them. It is just bad officiating and we're on the receiving end again unfortunately.

The situation with top-flight football these days is that replays are available to club staff and managers instantly, so they know immediately when they've been wronged. In the case of the offside goal, none of the City players nearby appealed. They didn't seem aware of the situation at all. I'm pretty Warnock wouldn't have known either if there weren't TV monitors nearby.

This sort of thing must happen in minor leagues all the time, but nobody ever knows about it or gets upset by it because there are no TV cameras showing various angles immediately after the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Those defending the officials today want to think again.

You can’t make error upon error in the Premier League. We are talking billions of pounds per year here being pumped into the league and mistakes like that are happening.

It’s a disgrace.
    So what's the answer? Ah, yes. VAR, which will be with us next season.

Errors from match officials are the subject of discussion on pretty much every football programme pretty much every week. There's a reason for that.

Errors from match officials are the subject of discussion on pretty much every football programme pretty much every week. There's a reason for that.
    We had at least 3 penalty shouts, a clear sending off and an offside goal given against us.

How many of those do you think would have gone Chelsea’s way?

VAR wont help. We saw that in the world cup. Its easy enough to give a penalty for an innocuous tug in the box from a corner nobody saw.

MATCH FIXING IS ALIVE AND KICKING.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Not3s View Post
    What an absolute f*king disgrace. Those decisions will cost our club hundreds of millions, players livelihoods etc. Absolutely disgusting.
    It’s the way it is....got to keep the big bucks at the top table......