+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We were cheated today

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: We were cheated today

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The referee couldn't possibly have seen the offside from his position.

As for Rudiger seeing red, I thought so initially but the angle from behind the goal suggested the keeper was always going to get the ball and Zohore wasn't as near to it as it first seemed. It also looked the collision between the two players was accidental. Debatable I suppose, but not a red card for me, although that was my original verdict.

City were definitely hard done by today, no doubt about it. However, I don't for one minute think the officials make these mistakes deliberately. By allegedly favouring Chelsea, they would also be working against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd. It's not a conspiracy, it's just human error.
    Fair post and agreed about this being more about incompetence than cheating but coming so soon after the decisions against Swansea v Man City I do feel there is an inbuilt but maybe unconscious bias towards bigger clubs.

Re: We were cheated today

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Fair post and agreed about this being more about incompetence than cheating but coming so soon after the decisions against Swansea v Man City I do feel there is an inbuilt but maybe unconscious bias towards bigger clubs.
    The situation with top-flight football these days is that replays are available to club staff and managers instantly, so they know immediately when they've been wronged. In the case of the offside goal, none of the City players nearby appealed. They didn't seem aware of the situation at all. I'm pretty Warnock wouldn't have known either if there weren't TV monitors nearby.

This sort of thing must happen in minor leagues all the time, but nobody ever knows about it or gets upset by it because there are no TV cameras showing various angles immediately after the incident.