+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We were cheated today

Re: We were cheated today

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    VAR wont help. We saw that in the world cup. Its easy enough to give a penalty for an innocuous tug in the box from a corner nobody saw.
    Ironically, Pawson could have given Chelsea a penalty early on for an innocuous tug in the box by Gunarrson on Rudiger, but thankfully he didn't.

Although I'm not in favour of it, VAR will certainly eliminate goals like today's. But it will also eliminate goals like Bamba's against Brighton. Personally, I think the authorities should leave the game as it is. Goal line technology has definitely been a step forward, but errors from officials are part and parcel of the game and always have been.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Ironically, Pawson could have given Chelsea a penalty early on for an innocuous tug in the box by Gunarrson on Rudiger, but thankfully he didn't.

Although I'm not in favour of it, VAR will certainly eliminate goals like today's. But it will also eliminate goals like Bamba's against Brighton. Personally, I think the authorities should leave the game as it is. Goal line technology has definitely been a step forward, but errors from officials are part and parcel of the game and always have been.
    I would agree. But the reason i dont is the big clubs without doubt get the benefit from the officials.

Officials don't cheat!

There are poor decisions and awful decisions, and several of both today. The officials get it right most of the time, but not today. And at least they get assessed on their performance, so I hope they get knocked back, not that it's that much consolation at this point.

But gutted we didn't get at least a point against a pretty poor Chelsea. Had a Chelsea supporting friend staying for the weekend and he said we were robbed and that Chelsea were there for the taking. Have to agree, but it's still points lost.

Hope that the team aren't too dispirited and that the feeling of being robbed drives them on.

If we go down, then I want us to go down fighting, not like last time when we just gave up. And I think this team has spirit and will fight to the end.

Oh come on the offside was only marginal.

55232A2A-BC70-4C91-9ACF-9DDE36EF739D.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Then we will deserve to have gone down.

Chelsea scored a legitimate second with completely $hite defending from us so scrub the offside goal and we would have got a point.
    They should never have got the chance to do that.

Down to 10 men at 1-1 , 2 penalties turned down and an offside goal

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

I'm not sure it was a red as said before.

The keeper gets there before Zohore for me who wasn't running at an angle towards the ball. I think this is what kept Rudiger on the field.

I agree that the refs were bad but after it all we had a point to cling on to and failed to do that.

It wasn't a red card.

Although if one of the pens was given for the earlier offence it would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    It wasn't a red card.

Although if one of the pens was given for the earlier offence it would have been.
    Yeah I can see that.

I just don't get the feeling that a bad decisions automatically means we have to lose the game.

If we defend that cross and see the game out then we get a point. It was bad defending to allow the cross with no pressure and to be out fought for the header.

I don't think there's any case for foul play just extremely unfortunate the ref has missed so much all going for us. I don't really get that bothered but was fuming after the game

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Why did we wait until the 80th minute to bring on fresh legs?
    They should have all been fresh after 3 weeks off

Yeah I can see that.

I just don't get the feeling that a bad decisions automatically means we have to lose the game.

If we defend that cross and see the game out then we get a point. It was bad defending to allow the cross with no pressure and to be out fought for the header.
    Because it’s changes both teams attitude and shape, I don’t get how you can argue differently

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The referee couldn't possibly have seen the offside from his position.

As for Rudiger seeing red, I thought so initially but the angle from behind the goal suggested the keeper was always going to get the ball and Zohore wasn't as near to it as it first seemed. It also looked the collision between the two players was accidental. Debatable I suppose, but not a red card for me, although that was my original verdict.

City were definitely hard done by today, no doubt about it. However, I don't for one minute think the officials make these mistakes deliberately. By allegedly favouring Chelsea, they would also be working against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd. It's not a conspiracy, it's just human error.
    I'll tell you what I think. Officials are impartial - at least they'd claim they are, but when you're trotting over to a Chelsea or Liverpool player thinking whether or not you are going to give him red or yellow, I'm certain there's a bit of their thinking that they'd rather have a shitty club like Cardiff have their manager slagging him off as opposed to Klopp etc, and hours upon hours of Sky/BT analysis drawing attention to their 'mistake'. Cheats ? No, but do they favour the big clubs ? Yes..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'll tell you what I think. Officials are impartial - at least they'd claim they are, but when you're trotting over to a Chelsea or Liverpool player thinking whether or not you are going to give him red or yellow, I'm certain there's a bit of their thinking that they'd rather have a shitty club like Cardiff have their manager slagging him off as opposed to Klopp etc, and hours upon hours of Sky/BT analysis drawing attention to their 'mistake'. Cheats ? No, but do they favour the big clubs ? Yes..

Also think the ‘big players’ get decisions that others don’t. Hazard got a free kick today for an apparent foul that I’m sure no other player on the pitch would have got! I think the referees get a bit star struck.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    Also think the ‘big players’ get decisions that others don’t. Hazard got a free kick today for an apparent foul that I’m sure no other player on the pitch would have got! I think the referees get a bit star struck.
    Of course they do, I can imagine them calling their heroes by their first name a la “C’mon Eden get up” yet not even knowing our players names. Do you reckon these refs when having a pint in their local refer to the stars by their first name as if they’re mates? Today’s ref was abysmal, really abysmal, of course we know player for player teams like Chelsea are better than us but they shouldn’t need help from the match officials. Had a pint with Chelsea fans in The Yard just now and surprisingly they agreed, the offside photo evidence helped mind 👍

It's not cheating, it's just incompetence with a dash of subconscious bias.

From a corner there is no excuse that one of the referee or linesman get in a position to identify an infringement. The linesman was blocked by the corner taker? His job is to make that a non issue and get sight of the pitch.

Throughout the game I thought we had more than our share of decisions go against us. Hazard for instance is a terrific player, but it is possible to tackle him legally.

Have never been a massive fan of var, but afternoons like this I could probably appreciate it if the process was sped up

Yeah I can see that.

Why do you think that the cross would have gone in if the first goal was disallowed? The shape and attitude of the players would be a lot different if we were protecting the lead rather than chasing a goal with 5 odd minutes to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Why do you think that the cross would have gone in if the first goal was disallowed? The shape and attitude of the players would be a lot different if we were protecting the lead rather than chasing a goal with 5 odd minutes to go.
    Exactly, with every goal whether an equaliser or whatever the whole pattern of the match is altered by the resulting kick off/re start.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly, with every goal whether an equaliser or whatever the whole pattern of the match is altered by the resulting kick off/re start.
    Well with literally everything. Every throw in, every pass, tackle, sub, whether you pause for one second before a throw in or take three, the knock on effects spiral into a completely different match each time. Somewhere in the multiverse we won 5 nil and are top of the league. Unfortunately for us we live in the one where Leicester were champions, Brexit takes a lifetime to sort and a billionaire with bad hair became the most powerful man in the world ranting about a wall.

We had a point to battle for despite several bad decisions. We failed to deal with a fairly simple cross into the box and conceded a second.
    Apparently the lino's line of vision was blocked so he couldn't see the player in the offside position (according to Radio 5) shit happens. I agree with you, we didn't deal with the cross. I can't believe that some people think it's part of some kind of Premier league conspiracy to relegate us, absolute madness. We were on the end of a poor decision today, that's the way it goes. Make no mistake, the players will be pissed off as much about the defending for the goal as the poor decision, add Warnock to that. When we went 1-0 up we continued to press a bit and force Chelsea into mistakes. We then backed off in order to defend our lead and Chelsea started to lay on the pressure, we can't play like that, it's failed on every occasion this season. I think that Zohore should've come on a fair bit earlier, I reckon that he would've caused the Chelsea backline a fair few problems with his pace, there was alot of space between them and the Chelsea midfield and for a period we were winning the second balls in midfield, Niasse doesn't have that ability to roll a defender or possess that turn of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    It doesn't matter. Players still have to do their jobs. It's not like we had pushed me forward and had left ourselves exposed, we were well up for a point. It was poor defending, the rest is of no consequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Apparently the lino's line of vision was blocked so he couldn't see the player in the offside position (according to Radio 5) shit happens. I agree with you, we didn't deal with the cross. I can't believe that some people think it's part of some kind of Premier league conspiracy to relegate us, absolute madness. We were on the end of a poor decision today, that's the way it goes. Make no mistake, the players will be pissed off as much about the defending for the goal as the poor decision, add Warnock to that. When we went 1-0 up we continued to press a bit and force Chelsea into mistakes. We then backed off in order to defend our lead and Chelsea started to lay on the pressure, we can't play like that, it's failed on every occasion this season. I think that Zohore should've come on a fair bit earlier, I reckon that he would've caused the Chelsea backline a fair few problems with his pace, there was alot of space between them and the Chelsea midfield and for a period we were winning the second balls in midfield, Niasse doesn't have that ability to roll a defender or possess that turn of pace.
    Zahore definitely should have come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Niasse was a passenger after 60 minutes. Zohore should have gone on then.

However it was more than just 1 decision that did us today.

You can forgive that, but there were 4 ( a 5th if you count the handball penalty shout, which for what it’s worth I think would be harsh) today.

We were robbed today. No doubt

Niasse was a passenger after 60 minutes. Zohore should have gone on then.

However it was more than just 1 decision that did us today.

You can forgive that, but there were 4 ( a 5th if you count the handball penalty shout, which for what it’s worth I think would be harsh) today.

We were robbed today. No doubt
    Agree about the pen, i thought that morrison was pulled back, not sure about the Zohore decision, he was fouled but i don't know whether he was clear. We didn't get the rub. Chelsea were soft, we were winning second balls and getting the ball back off them, Warnock should've been a bit braver and maybe allowed Camarasa the option to sit in that more advanced position to support niasse and get the players a little further up the pitch, closer to the striker. Chelsea were poor at times and slow on the ball, they were the least physical of the top 6. Warnock should've been braver.