+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We were cheated today

Re: We were cheated today

Only one player appealed because everyone else was watching from the ball from the corner and the offside player was not where they’re looking and it happens so fast. The linesman should never miss it though, and spectators could tell it was offside.

You can understand the ref not giving the Gunnar tug on Rudiger, and the first pull on Morrison, but he has to eventually give one of the numberous fouls on Morrison that followed. It was also a red on Zohore. Shocking officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Agree about the pen, i thought that morrison was pulled back, not sure about the Zohore decision, he was fouled but i don't know whether he was clear. We didn't get the rub. Chelsea were soft, we were winning second balls and getting the ball back off them, Warnock should've been a bit braver and maybe allowed Camarasa the option to sit in that more advanced position to support niasse and get the players a little further up the pitch, closer to the striker. Chelsea were poor at times and slow on the ball, they were the least physical of the top 6. Warnock should've been braver.
    Yes, Chelsea were poor.
    Some of their passing was hopeless.

A shadow of the side that played such scintillating stuff against us at Stanford Bridge

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Chelsea were putting pressure on anyway.

Can you explain how an offside decision impacts on not being able to cut out a cross or beat Loftus-Cheek to the ball for the header?
    Because of chaos theory.

Had that offside goal been disallowed then the Loftus-Cheek goal would have been IMPOSSIBLE in that given moment of time.

You probably think that a player should have had a hat-trick if he missed 3 open goals, just like most pundits and the majority of the population would think.

It doesn't matter. Players still have to do their jobs. It's not like we had pushed me forward and had left ourselves exposed, we were well up for a point. It was poor defending, the rest is of no consequence.
    Yeah no-one is debating it's poor defending mate.

Cheats

First game against a top 6 side that we Should be come out with more than a point and the easiest offside decision of the millennium gets missed.
    Still in s state of disbelief st the ineptitude of the supposedly best officials in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Chelsea were putting pressure on anyway.

Can you explain how an offside decision impacts on not being able to cut out a cross or beat Loftus-Cheek to the ball for the header?
    Their is a gulf in class between our players and Chelsea. We start the game knowing that we really need to win it and that we need to avoid conceding an early goal. Our players know that their only hope is to work their bollocks off, play as positively as they can and be lucky.
    They do just that in the first half, make their luck in the second and then as they tire they see the Chelsea super subs come on.
    The pressure mounts, the muscles ache, the anxiety increases and then Chelsea score. Their class shows through although in this case the goal should not have stood. But the ref gives it.
    How the fcuk do you think the players felt. Deflated, shattered, cheated. They are human, not robots. They climbed a mountain, they almost reached the peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Im not sure. Maybe more sub conscious than conscious but the ref would have known by giving the big decisions to chelsea he would avoid attention.

Sky thought it was funny.

BBC 5 live called us brave and and unfortunate cardiff and joked about hearing from neil warnock later.

Nobody would call it as it was- just imagine the fuss if a ref gave decisions to smaller teams! Couldn't imagine it. The ref today knew that and reffed accordingly.
    Both Sky and Talkshite are only interested in the top 6 clubs. Everybody else are bit part players just there for the big boys to beat. You were done by 2 top 6 decisions today. The lesser clubs never get those decisions. “The bigger clubs get the big decisions” says the pundit on MoTD2. What a disgraceful state of affairs.

just watched MOTD, has the game got such a slant to it now that even MOTD can see it and all agreed it is happening, what the hell has happened to the game ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    just watched MOTD, has the game got such a slant to it now that even MOTD can see it and all agreed it is happening, what the hell has happened to the game ? ? ?
    And they showed that watford pen from ages ago. Lol.

Ah well- at least we are making a fight of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    And they showed that watford pen from ages ago. Lol.

Ah well- at least we are making a fight of it.
    It was interesting to see that they were questioning it, very honest and while it could well be too late for us, maybe with VAR things might change

Apparently the lino's line of vision was blocked so he couldn't see the player in the offside position (according to Radio 5) shit happens. I agree with you, we didn't deal with the cross. I can't believe that some people think it's part of some kind of Premier league conspiracy to relegate us, absolute madness. We were on the end of a poor decision today, that's the way it goes. Make no mistake, the players will be pissed off as much about the defending for the goal as the poor decision, add Warnock to that. When we went 1-0 up we continued to press a bit and force Chelsea into mistakes. We then backed off in order to defend our lead and Chelsea started to lay on the pressure, we can't play like that, it's failed on every occasion this season. I think that Zohore should've come on a fair bit earlier, I reckon that he would've caused the Chelsea backline a fair few problems with his pace, there was alot of space between them and the Chelsea midfield and for a period we were winning the second balls in midfield, Niasse doesn't have that ability to roll a defender or possess that turn of pace.
    Azpilicueta was so offside when the corner was taken that it was almost possible for some City players who could see him to subconsciously relax as they waited for the inevitable flag to be raised. If you're a linesman with enough experience of doing the job to make it to Premier League level, you will have seen thousands of corners being taken and you make sure that you are in a position to perform the only task you have at that time as accurately as possible - if I volunteered to run the line at the next Blaenrhondda match I go to and was unable to decide whether someone was offside or not because a corner taker was in my way, I'd feel I was not doing the job properly, for someone doing the job in the Premier League to come up with that excuse is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Because of chaos theory.

Had that offside goal been disallowed then the Loftus-Cheek goal would have been IMPOSSIBLE in that given moment of time.

You probably think that a player should have had a hat-trick if he missed 3 open goals, just like most pundits and the majority of the population would think.

...forest..you're banging your head against a brick wall on here concerning the sliding doors impact in a game..

Screwed by refereeing decisions but move on. We did well.

I never expected to get anything from the remaining games against the top 6, but we have to win the others.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It was interesting to see that they were questioning it, very honest and while it could well be too late for us, maybe with VAR things might change
    I wouldn't hold your breath on VAR them fouls on Morrison in the box won't even get reveiwed just waved on for the likes of Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    First game against a top 6 side that we Should be come out with more than a point and the easiest offside decision of the millennium gets missed.
    Still in s state of disbelief st the ineptitude of the supposedly best officials in the country.
    Seems like most media pundits think these decisions will now cost us a place in the premier league, most saying if we had won the6 think we’d have gone on to beat Burnely.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    Also think the ‘big players’ get decisions that others don’t. Hazard got a free kick today for an apparent foul that I’m sure no other player on the pitch would have got! I think the referees get a bit star struck.
    Not true. Players like Hazard get free kicks because they have the ability to put themselves in situations where they may get fouled. He's creative, runs at players and defenders find it difficult to get the ball from him, he puts himself in that position many times during a game, he is more likely to get fouled or give the impression he is being fouled. Can you imagine a defender who likes to go to ground alot when tackling, it's a dangerous game to play and at some point he'll get done because he's putting himself at risk by giving the impression that he is fouling. It's not about the officials being star struck, it's about good players being clever, there's a big difference.

G
    Not true. Players like Hazard get free kicks because they have the ability to put themselves in situations where they may get fouled. He's creative, runs at players and defenders find it difficult to get the ball from him, he puts himself in that position many times during a game, he is more likely to get fouled or give the impression he is being fouled. Can you imagine a defender who likes to go to ground alot when tackling, it's a dangerous game to play and at some point he'll get done because he's putting himself at risk by giving the impression that he is fouling. It's not about the officials being star struck, it's about good players being clever, there's a big difference.
    So you agree big players can get a decision

It'll all be forgotten if we beat Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    It'll all be forgotten if we beat Man City.

Hazard shouldn’t be allowed by refs to behave like he does when an opponent dares to tackle him. The referee allowing him to just stop play do a double tea pot expecting an automatic free kick is pitiful. The one where Peltier gets stuck into him on the half way line was just one example.

Referees try to be consistent but they can’t help themselves giving decisions to the big clubs. The Rooney hatchet job on Mutch is a prime example as us Ralls’ dismissal v Spurs.

We weren't cheated, Jamie Carragher has proved we weren't!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...elsea-16062212

Two days later, I am, if anything, even more annoyed now than I was on Sunday. Everyone of the big decisions went against us against Chelsea bar one.

Are we really expected to believe that spotting such a blatant offside from a corner is "almost impossible" because the corner taker is in the way? If there was any truth at all to this nonsense, we'd be seeing lots of decisions equally as poor as Sunday's every season, yet every other linesman/woman in the Premier League, and virtually every other league the world over, finds a way to to cope with what Eddie Smart seemed to find impossible. Mr Smart is supposed to be one of the elite when it comes to running the line and yet he can't see that someone has moved from being five yards offside to being a yard offside while a corner is being taken - it's just pathetic and I can only presume that those I've seen on social media trying to defend him are doing so because of Neil Warnock's involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Hazard shouldn’t be allowed by refs to behave like he does when an opponent dares to tackle him. The referee allowing him to just stop play do a double tea pot expecting an automatic free kick is pitiful. The one where Peltier gets stuck into him on the half way line was just one example.
    It did feel like that the referee was so shocked that golden-boy Hazard could be robbed by Peltier in a potentially dangerous position he just felt compelled to blow-up and stop the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We weren't cheated, Jamie Carragher has proved we weren't!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...elsea-16062212

Two days later, I am, if anything, even more annoyed now than I was on Sunday. Everyone of the big decisions went against us against Chelsea bar one.

Are we really expected to believe that spotting such a blatant offside from a corner is "almost impossible" because the corner taker is in the way? If there was any truth at all to this nonsense, we'd be seeing lots of decisions equally as poor as Sunday's every season, yet every other linesman/woman in the Premier League, and virtually every other league the world over, finds a way to to cope with what Eddie Smart seemed to find impossible. Mr Smart is supposed to be one of the elite when it comes to running the line and yet he can't see that someone has moved from being five yards offside to being a yard offside while a corner is being taken - it's just pathetic and I can only presume that those I've seen on social media trying to defend him are doing so because of Neil Warnock's involvement.
    Do you think the linesman made the mistake deliberately? Do you think he knew Azpilicieta was offside but decided not to raise his flag?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you think the linesman made the mistake deliberately? Do you think he knew Azpilicieta was offside but decided not to raise his flag?
    Does missing an obvious offside make it any better than doing it on deliberately anyway?