+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: We were cheated today

Re: We were cheated today

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Can you apply this logic to why Morrison at corners.

He’s the target for virtually every one, so is in ‘the position ‘ as many times as anyone. Yet he still hasn’t been given a penalty this season.
    It's a good question, depends on whether the referee deems it enough for a penalty although i was convinced that he was pulled on sunday and that it was a penalty. I haven't seen him impeded in that way in any other game this season and thought that it was a blatant pen. You may have a different perspective to me, you've also been to more away games than me and may have seen fouls that could've been a penalty. I'd say that your point is a separate issue, there has been pulling and contact at set pieces since the game was invented, Referees have never got a grip on it, largely because they would have to give a penalty at almost every set piece, you know as well as me having defended another corners and set pieces in your time. What i would say though is that there may be a bit of discrimination towards big central defenders in general, especially at set pieces fro referees, Sometimes it can look like the fouling in the penalty area is a mutual thing between players so refs let it go as it can be very crowded and chaotic. I think you've made a good point, maybe there's a need for an official to just concentrate on what goes on with the players at set pieces rather than the delivery as well, although i'm of the opinion that shit sometimes happens, I'm sure that Morrisson has got away with a fair few when defending our goal.

Interesting people are now saying nobody in the ground minded at the time.

However the reaction towards the ref during and post game inside the ground suggests different. Id say most fans booing the ref (this wasnt normal booing) were actually completely unaware of the offside goal! However his overall performance deserved that reaction anyway. Lawnmower is right. This isnt about the offside goal.

Don’t know why people are making such a big thing about a slightly offside goal (not like chelseas) we scored 5 months ago either!

I started this thread as i was walking out the ground. Yes i had seen a screenshot of the goal at the time but hadn’t seen anything else. That just topped it off for
    me. My anger at the ref was high enough anyway. Again lawnmower is probably right about the inherent bias rather than outright cheating- but sunday never felt right to me. Someone watching on tv wouldnt get it- but there was something about the way he reffed and the way he was with the players (i sit in the front row) that just did not feel right and i stand by that.

I dont see what relevance that 30000 didnt scream offside. Though people around me were. Its an easy decision by the person paid to make it and he fecked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont see what relevance that 30000 didnt scream offside. Though people around me were. Its an easy decision by the person paid to make it and he fecked up.
    Yes. However the offside is a distraction here.

What 30,000 people did see was the overall way he reffed the game- without needing any replays. The way some people are talking its as if everyone went home not noticing the ref until they saw the highlights. Im saying thats completely not true- but it maybe true of the offside goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a good question, depends on whether the referee deems it enough for a penalty although i was convinced that he was pulled on sunday and that it was a penalty. I haven't seen him impeded in that way in any other game this season and thought that it was a blatant pen. You may have a different perspective to me, you've also been to more away games than me and may have seen fouls that could've been a penalty. I'd say that your point is a separate issue, there has been pulling and contact at set pieces since the game was invented, Referees have never got a grip on it, largely because they would have to give a penalty at almost every set piece, you know as well as me having defended another corners and set pieces in your time. What i would say though is that there may be a bit of discrimination towards big central defenders in general, especially at set pieces fro referees, Sometimes it can look like the fouling in the penalty area is a mutual thing between players so refs let it go as it can be very crowded and chaotic. I think you've made a good point, maybe there's a need for an official to just concentrate on what goes on with the players at set pieces rather than the delivery as well, although i'm of the opinion that shit sometimes happens, I'm sure that Morrisson has got away with a fair few when defending our goal.
    The shirt pulling and grappling at corners is a joke, but the 2nd one on Sunday was as obvious as it gets.

2 others I remember in previous years were - 5 minutes from the end away to Chsmpions elect Newcastle we were denied a stonewall one for a blatant foul on Morrison to make it 2-2

And Skyrtyl on Campbell at Anfield when it would have gone from 3-0 at HT to 3-2

Morrison is fouled regularly- hard to pull one out this season- especially at this time of night 😂

What makes it worse is he had 2 harsh ones given against him v Newcastle home and Leicester away. Luckily both saved.

Strangely we had a few given to us in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    For me it wasn’t just that decision- in fairness that’s the linesman’s incompetence, not the refs.

It was the fact that it was one of 4 major decisions they gave against us -all of which would have affected the result.

Yes, there was a shirt pull by Gunnar , but that wasn’t even bad enough to be on the Sky highlights- although a 3rd City penalty claim ( for handball) was - admittedly I didn’t think that one was in fairness.

The tug on Morrison’s arm was blatant and clear as day. How the hell does he think Morrison has fallen the way he has- and the one on Zohore, he didn’t even want to give a free kick at first.

He was a coward from the start- blatant booking offence on Murphy, ignored intentional handball by Hazard and then booked Artur who chopped him down in frustration. He could have booked Artur earlier, but his previous poor decision meant he was in an awkward position to do so.

He also allowed his linesman to be shouted at time and time again by Ruiz.

Gave every decision Hazard told him too.

He wasnt a cheat ( although my wife thought he’d been paid off) , but clearly wasn’t capable of dealing with top footballers without inherent bias or a lack of courage to make decisions which might anger them.
    Well said, agree completely

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Interesting people are now saying nobody in the ground minded at the time.

However the reaction towards the ref during and post game inside the ground suggests different. Id say most fans booing the ref (this wasnt normal booing) were actually completely unaware of the offside goal! However his overall performance deserved that reaction anyway. Lawnmower is right. This isnt about the offside goal.

Don’t know why people are making such a big thing about a slightly offside goal (not like chelseas) we scored 5 months ago either!

I started this thread as i was walking out the ground. Yes i had seen a screenshot of the goal at the time but hadn’t seen anything else. That just topped it off for
    me. My anger at the ref was high enough anyway. Again lawnmower is probably right about the inherent bias rather than outright cheating- but sunday never felt right to me. Someone watching on tv wouldnt get it- but there was something about the way he reffed and the way he was with the players (i sit in the front row) that just did not feel right and i stand by that.
    I think the booing was down to the decision not to send Rudiger off. As I was sat one hundred yards away at the time with a front on view, there's no way I could have seen the offside and I would say that at least two thirds of the people in the ground would not have had a good enough view to pass any sort of judgement on the decision.

A big reason why the goal against Brighton has been brought up is that people whose opinion of Cardiff City is down to who manages us (and I'm not talking about contributors in this thread there) have had to go back that far to find an example that fits their it all evens itself out in the end line.

There has been a general feeling around in the national media that City are on loan to the Premier League from the Championship for a season. Does that, subconsciously, filter through to officials to bring about a "it's only Cardiff" attitude? I'm not convinced that it does, but I agree, Sunday was well beyond the kind of thing you get when you come out of the ground convinced the officials had lost the game for us, but then when you've calmed down a bit realise that this wasn't the case at all.

I've concentrated on what I believe to be the worst wrong decision of its type I've seen this season in this thread, but the fact that the referee got the reception he did when so many doing the booing couldn't have known about the offside goal says it all really - I still say that it was more a case of a decent ref having a very bad day rather than anything more sinister than that though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think the booing was down to the decision not to send Rudiger off. As I was sat one hundred yards away at the time with a front on view, there's no way I could have seen the offside and I would say that at least two thirds of the people in the ground would not have had a good enough view to pass any sort of judgement on the decision.

A big reason why the goal against Brighton has been brought up is that people whose opinion of Cardiff City is down to who manages us (and I'm not talking about contributors in this thread there) have had to go back that far to find an example that fits their it all evens itself out in the end line.

There has been a general feeling around in the national media that City are on loan to the Premier League from the Championship for a season. Does that, subconsciously, filter through to officials to bring about a "it's only Cardiff" attitude? I'm not convinced that it does, but I agree, Sunday was well beyond the kind of thing you get when you come out of the ground convinced the officials had lost the game for us, but then when you've calmed down a bit realise that this wasn't the case at all.

I've concentrated on what I believe to be the worst wrong decision of its type I've seen this season in this thread, but the fact that the referee got the reception he did when so many doing the booing couldn't have known about the offside goal says it all really - I still say that it was more a case of a decent ref having a very bad day rather than anything more sinister than that though.
    Na, we were cheated, from the 6th minute to the 96 minute, there was no way we were going to win that football match, with those officials in charge.