+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chris Sutton

Re: Chris Sutton

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I hate football phone-ins. You get ***** like Sutton being deliberately provocative just to wind people up and then the people who call in are usually spectacularly ill-informed. The one with Rob Phillips on Radio Wales after international matches is particularly special.
    They only seem to speak to people who listen on the radio.

Makes me laugh they listen on the radio and phone in to slag off the managers tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I don’t have BT Sport so I’m not being selective at all.
    I heard about 90 minutes tonight much of which was Sutton taking the piss out of Cardiff. You obviously didn’t hear it or you wouldn’t have made such a moronic comment.
    I heard the first five minutes where he said "Cardiff are down". Obviously, Cardiff were one of only 4 PL teams playing today, so he was looking for bites. In which case, he is hitting a rich seam of paranoia and "the world is out to get us" if this board shows the general consensus of Cardiff fans these days.

His later statement, that I didn't hear, was that Cardiff are where they deserve to be. Let's hear you argue against that statement - you could always simply call it moronic I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think you will find Jirga would have made the same moronic statement. Hes more anti Cardiff than Sutton who is a wind up merchant. Apparently hes been winding Rangers fans up as well.

Jirga agreeing we got what we deserved is no suprise.��
    Tell me what Cardiff really deserved this season then? You couldn't even beat Huddersfield Town, and got absolutely nothing against the top 6 sides. For what it is worth, Cardiff probably deserved more out of the game today but if you think they're in a false position then you are the second most hilarious thing of the day (the first being Chelsea's come-back).

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    His later statement, that I didn't hear, was that Cardiff are where they deserve to be. Let's hear you argue against that statement - you could always simply call it moronic I suppose.
    Were VAR being used we’d have more points than we currently do = we deserve to be in a better position.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Chris Sutton is the equivalent of a shock jock and, understandably, wants people to listen to his show even if it means listeners arguing with him. And people fall for it, of course. He just got some more publicity here. Clever chap.
    "Shock jock" is exactly the right way to describe Sutton. I only listen to 606 when I'm driving home from matches these days and so heard some of his goading of City fans yesterday - I tend to ignore what he says because I thought he was a very poor pundit with nothing worthwhile to say well before he targeted Cardiff City at the start of this season, but, based on what I heard last night, I realise that this is hard to do. I always think of Robbie Savage as being a lowest common denominator type of pundit, but listening to him and Sutton last night, he's got a lot more worthwhile things to say than the man who failed so spectacularly during his time at Chelsea.

I don’t understand why people let him annoy them. His whole schtick is getting people wound up by have an exaggerated opinion, the same with Adrian Durham. They are best handled by just rolling your eyes and moving on, they want you wound up and talking about them, that’s their brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t understand why people let him annoy them. His whole schtick is getting people wound up by have an exaggerated opinion, the same with Adrian Durham. They are best handled by just rolling your eyes and moving on, they want you wound up and talking about them, that’s their brand.
    At least they’re getting paid to do it I suppose. For some people it’s how they choose to spend their free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    At least they’re getting paid to do it I suppose. For some people it’s how they choose to spend their free time.
    Exactly and he gets reactions every time so why would he stop? Unfortunately what makes money these days is clicks and mentions and he’s getting more than anyone. He can’t lose either city get relegated and he gets clicks for being right or we stay up and he gets clicks for being wrong. He won’t care either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Were VAR being used we’d have more points than we currently do = we deserve to be in a better position.
    But, if VAR was being used other teams may have even more points. Maybe Cardiff would lose some along the way. Let's be honest here, that argument is paper thin. Football has existed in League form for 131 years, VAR has never been used in a League game.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He said we got what we deserved and we are where we are in the League because we deserve to be there. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and juts call him a **** instead of a ******.
    He's right. Name three worse sides than us?

But, if VAR was being used other teams may have even more points. Maybe Cardiff would lose some along the way. Let's be honest here, that argument is paper thin. Football has existed in League form for 131 years, VAR has never been used in a League game.
    "it all balances out in the end" is another paper thin argument.

All I can tell you is that today's game meant we lost out on points. I think you'll struggle to find another offside this season as clear as that.

You asked the question. I gave you an answer. You rebutted it with an even more generic response. I can't remember all the games, but at this point in the season, had that OBVIOUS offside been scrubbed off , we would have likely taken at least a point. Therefore, on today's game, we blatantly deserve to have taken points from the game. It's not tough to understand.

I heard the first five minutes where he said "Cardiff are down". Obviously, Cardiff were one of only 4 PL teams playing today, so he was looking for bites. In which case, he is hitting a rich seam of paranoia and "the world is out to get us" if this board shows the general consensus of Cardiff fans these days.

To be clear. Sutton said Cardiff deserved what they got yesterday. That’s as stupid as it gets. It’s about the match officials getting basic decisions right. Like spotting two opposition players are two yards offside. Or that the pulling down of a player (twice) inside the penalty box is a penalty. Or that a red card applies when the last defender deliberately brings a striker to the floor.
    He is a troll.

Just put on another thread reference this afternoon to Adrian Durham backing Warnock 100%.

His latest outpouring about whether Welsh clubs should be in the PL shows his ignorance. They were INVITED by the ENGLISH authorities to join the ENGLISH leagues in 1920ish. Is even checking facts beyond him?

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    His latest outpouring about whether Welsh clubs should be in the PL shows his ignorance. They were INVITED by the ENGLISH authorities to join the ENGLISH leagues in 1920ish. Is even checking facts beyond him?

StT.
    <><
    Indeed. Hes a rent a mouth with nothing to say.

However shame on the bbc for letting him get away with that. Saying we shouldnt be allowed in the league and should just be grateful to be allowed in it never mind complaining about refs.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Indeed. Hes a rent a mouth with nothing to say.

However shame on the bbc for letting him get away with that. Saying we shouldnt be allowed in the league and should just be grateful to be allowed in it never mind complaining about refs.
    Yep. Very poor from the BBC.