+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Refereeing/officials aside, we needed changes on the pitch long before they were made..

Refereeing/officials aside, we needed changes on the pitch long before they were made..

We were sticking to our game plan and Chelsea weren't getting a look in but we started to really look tired around 75 minutes. A couple of fresh faces then, might have made a difference..

Re: Refereeing/officials aside, we needed changes on the pitch long before they were made..

I think he was just afraid to change it as it was working so well Arter going off was a big blow I could've sworn there was 3 of him on the pitch today

Re: Refereeing/officials aside, we needed changes on the pitch long before they were made..

Gunnarsson had a really good game, but he was virtually on his knees during the last 20 minutes.

I think Ken should have replaced Niasse early in the 2nd half.
    Still if the linesman does his job weve probably got 3 points.

NIasse was poor, I think he is the type of player who will drop down the league's and end up playing for Bromley

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I think Ken should have replaced Niasse early in the 2nd half.
    Still if the linesman does his job weve probably got 3 points.
    Agree with this. Can’t see why he waits so long to bring Zohore on

No goal Niasse is getting an easy ride, Madine had been hung, drawn & quartered this time last season.

Sure he's got pace but that's the end of his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    No goal Niasse is getting an easy ride, Madine had been hung, drawn & quartered this time last season.

Madine cost us 6 odd million, Niasse is just a loan.

We don't have much else other than Niasse. He should have had minimum two goals against West Ham but for some reason he struggles in front of goal.

If Ken was fit and motivated he'd start every game but we all know that will never happen

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

He does a great job until he gets the ball. I think Zahore might be able to do a better job if we played it down the channels like we do to Niasse or even to feet. The problem always seemed to be that when Zahore was given his chance we lumped it up to his head which we all know doesn’t suit him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fancydan View Post
    He does a great job until he gets the ball. I think Zahore might be able to do a better job if we played it down the channels like we do to Niasse or even to feet. The problem always seemed to be that when Zahore was given his chance we lumped it up to his head which we all know doesn’t suit him.
    Your first sentence is the stuff of legends on here-Quality. Niasse can't control the ball, that's a bit of a problem.

I don't know why we didn't bring Zohore on after 60 minutes when Chelsea were pushing forward and we were hitting them on the break. It was an ideal situation for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I think he was just afraid to change it as it was working so well Arter going off was a big blow I could've sworn there was 3 of him on the pitch today
    We did look much more likely to concede once Arter went off, but I don't think Warnock had much choice because he had been booked and was playing right on the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We were sticking to our game plan and Chelsea weren't getting a look in but we started to really look tired around 75 minutes. A couple of fresh faces then, might have made a difference..
    Agreed - Niasse, who wasn't having his most effective game anyway, was running on empty for the last quarter of the game and Gunnarsson and Arter were out on their feet.