+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Niasse - Is It Just Me ?

Niasse - Is It Just Me ?

When he joined, my Everton ST holding mate said he's quick but when he gets the ball he has no idea what to do with it. I half agree because I don't think he is 'all that quick' and loses the ball nearly every time he gets it. I'd love to be proved wrong but from what i've seen he looks more like a league one player than a regular in the prem.

Just me ?

Re: Niasse - Is It Just Me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    When he joined, my Everton ST holding mate said he's quick but when he gets the ball he has no idea what to do with it. I half agree because I don't think he is 'all that quick' and loses the ball nearly every time he gets it. I'd love to be proved wrong but from what i've seen he looks more like a league one player than a regular in the prem.

Just me ?
    Thought he was very dangerous today, has a great turn of speed on him and can run straight at defences, not sure how much money he is on, but if affordable would be a phenomenal player to have in the championship

I thought he was poor.
    What is it with strikers and this club
    It doesn't matter who is in charge we don't have a prolific scorer. The last being Earnshaw.
    Madine, Kurt Nogan, Andy Saville etc

Just me ?
    No he doesn't look a league 1 player.

For me he does most things right, up until he has to shoot or decide on what he is doing. Has a physical presence, good off the ball, does have good pace but just that final decision let's him down.

Wasn't his best game today, some things didn't stick to him as well but watching him since he came in makes you realise we haven't had a proper striker for a while. Ken does some good things but just doesn't seem to be in the right place to receive the ball as often as niasse.

Just me ?
    He wouldn't be on loan to us if he was good enough to be a regular starter in the Premier League.

he’s done everything but put the ball in the net but frankly the latter doesn’t seem to be part of his game

Just me ?
    Niasse a League One player? Behave.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Niasse a League One player? Behave.
    God knows how he managed to get a contract with Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    God knows how he managed to get a contract with Everton.
    This os why he never gets s Gme at Everton, not score enough

I like him , he deserves a goal more than anyone. Does so much good and much improvement on what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I thought he was poor.
    What is it with strikers and this club
    It doesn't matter who is in charge we don't have a prolific scorer. The last being Earnshaw.
    Madine, Kurt Nogan, Andy Saville etc
    We've had a few since earnshaw

Just me ?
    No. That was more or less what I was told. He sometimes finds himself in the right place to score, more by accident than design. That's why Everton want rid. Not a finisher and goes all moody when he fails. Slow to get back, too. Plenty of opportunity to hassle the keeper yesterday, chase balls and make a nuisance of himself but gives up and didn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We've had a few since earnshaw
    Chopra immediately springing to mind... although Earny was more consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    No. That was more or less what I was told. He sometimes finds himself in the right place to score, more by accident than design. That's why Everton want rid. Not a finisher and goes all moody when he fails. Slow to get back, too. Plenty of opportunity to hassle the keeper yesterday, chase balls and make a nuisance of himself but gives up and didn't bother.
    He didn't do a lot of chasing, true - a short trot and then seem to give up each time. However his ball control makes Ralls look like Messi..

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBluebirds View Post
    Chopra immediately springing to mind... although Earny was more consistent.
    Since earnie was last our top scorer, way back in 03/04 we have had Jerome, Choora, McCormack , whittingham and bothroyd all scoring more than 20 goals in a season.
    Although it is fair to say that nobody has really come close to doing that again since Dave Jones left.

Mixed opinions, and I agree he will have to score at some stage if we persevere with him. But as QM pointed out above his first touch and ball control is poor. He needs to get lucky with a ball that is played to his feet, with a defender making a mistake as I cant see he has it in his skillset to out think or out skill any defender at this or top half championship level.

Just me ?

I dont know what you expect of the guy, but i thought he was relentless is giving the boys and outlet, chasing what is usually a no hope pass to the corners. He was superb.

He has no first touch and can't finish

Just me ?
    Madine is an example of League One player.

Niasse is certainly an upgrade on what we had before and holds the ball up well bringing others into play. He DOES lose the ball but that is more likely because he is on his own, and does so far less frequently than other players that we have had in that position.

That said, he doesn't look like a finisher, hence him being on loan with us.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He controls the ball further than I can kick it at times!!😋

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I haven't seen much of his third touch....

He has been an improvement on what we'd seen to date this season, as unlike Paterson he is a striker, unlike Ward he's stayed fit and unlike Zohore he has real pace and gets involved. On the other hand, he still hasn't scored and that is the problem. Camarasa's goal yesterday means he's now our top scorer with 5. You need a bloody miracle or a George Graham defence to stay in the Premier League with stats like that.

It's been said many times before but Warnock hasn't sorted the striking positions. Madine and Bogle have both been busts, Ward can't stay fit and Zohore is a shadow of his former self.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    He has been an improvement on what we'd seen to date this season, as unlike Paterson he is a striker, unlike Ward he's stayed fit and unlike Zohore he has real pace and gets involved. On the other hand, he still hasn't scored and that is the problem. Camarasa's goal yesterday means he's now our top scorer with 5. You need a bloody miracle or a George Graham defence to stay in the Premier League with stats like that.

It's been said many times before but Warnock hasn't sorted the striking positions. Madine and Bogle have both been busts, Ward can't stay fit and Zohore is a shadow of his former self.
    Zohore has pace, just could do with a bit of aggression.

I think it’s more the way we play that stops our strikers from scoring. I don’t think any of our strikers have missed many chances have they ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I think it’s more the way we play that stops our strikers from scoring. I don’t think any of our strikers have missed many chances have they ?
    Yeah we don't create very much at all. Barely register and shots at all