+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Inept officials turn a very hard task into an almost impossible one for Cardiff City.

Inept officials turn a very hard task into an almost impossible one for Cardiff City.

Re: Inept officials turn a very hard task into an almost impossible one for Cardiff City.

There was a knock on effect following the equaliser, I believe that, had the goal been ruled out, as it should have been, then we would have had the fortitude to keep, a rather desperate looking, Chelsea out and secure the win.
    Once that goal had been given there was an inevitability about it, and I even felt 1-3 was likely.

There is no shame in losing 2-1 to Chelsea, however, the manner of this defeat could well knock some of the fight out of the team, hopefully we can put in a big performance on Wednesday and not ship a load of goals.

I liked Jermaine Jenas' analysis last night, he pulled no punches and told it like it was - however, there was no defending it, so he may as well have said it.

Re: Inept officials turn a very hard task into an almost impossible one for Cardiff City.

Decisions were abysmal.
    Rudiger shouldn"t have even been on the pitch to foul Zohore when he was through as he should already have received 2 yellow cards.
    The foul on Zohore should have been a red, Morrison should have had 2 penalties awarded to him for fouls in the box, Azpilicueta"s goal was well offside & Chelsea should have also had a penalty.
    Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    There was a knock on effect following the equaliser, I believe that, had the goal been ruled out, as it should have been, then we would have had the fortitude to keep, a rather desperate looking, Chelsea out and secure the win.
    Once that goal had been given there was an inevitability about it, and I even felt 1-3 was likely.

There is no shame in losing 2-1 to Chelsea, however, the manner of this defeat could well knock some of the fight out of the team, hopefully we can put in a big performance on Wednesday and not ship a load of goals.

I liked Jermaine Jenas' analysis last night, he pulled no punches and told it like it was - however, there was no defending it, so he may as well have said it.
    I agree with all that you say. Hazard was always a danger for us, but Chelsea were hardly battering away at our goal before they scored - I think the boost we would have got from that goal being disallowed would have helped us see out the final minutes.

Lets not forget Samuel Eto kicking the ball out of David Marshall's hands after Mutch put us ahead at the bridge.
    Best league in the world don't make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree with all that you say. Hazard was always a danger for us, but Chelsea were hardly battering away at our goal before they scored - I think the boost we would have got from that goal being disallowed would have helped us see out the final minutes.
    Morrison looked very down in the post match interview.

So did Warnock.

Walked down Sloper Road with Chelsea fans, they said the goal was offside and Rudiger should have had a Red.

Arrived in work today 100+ miles from Cardiff, normally I get stick or have to argue a point, today, 100% of the people around me, who support probably 10 different clubs have all volunteered that it was offside, 2 pens & a red card. I've never had unanimous sympathy / empathy before from non Cardiff fans!

According to Jim White & Bob Mills on talkshite the worst thing about yesterdays game wasn"t the abysmal decisions but the fact that Warnock went on the pitch at the end of the game & stared at the officials.

I appreciate it's a bit late for us now, but the club really need to take this to the PGMOL for comment. I know what their response would be to the offside - that the lino was unsighted, even though is a ludicrous excuse. But so far as the two pens are concerned they need to be asking did the officials miss these or is that sort of play acceptable? It clearly isn't but you see Morrison wrestled to the ground so often that the ref must see it at least some of the time but feels it's not a foul. Fouls during dead balls are an absolute lottery, you have no idea what they ref will blow for.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    According to Jim White & Bob Mills on talkshite the worst thing about yesterdays game wasn"t the abysmal decisions but the fact that Warnock went on the pitch at the end of the game & stared at the officials.
    Yeah, that was awful. Should be locked up for that - assault by dirty looks.

Reckoned that Neil will be fined heavily for "bringing the game in to disrepute" for the "stare".
    Pity the officials couldn"t be heavily fined for bringing refs & lino"s in to disrepute.
    Maybe they would be better at their jobs if they were fined for being so poor & incorrect.
    When I was employed (I was a contracts manager but am now self employed) if I had made glaring mistakes by missing or ignoring things to do with the job I was paid for I would have been sacked.

The referee should have booked Rudiger for his petulance and lack of respect for the official when he was calling him over to talk to him at a corner in the first half

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    The referee should have booked Rudiger for his petulance and lack of respect for the official when he was calling him over to talk to him at a corner in the first half
    I’m totting it up- that’s 3 yellow cards and a red for Rudiger. Any other takers?

Paul..I'm glad you mentioned the Gunnarsson foul in the box early in the game. If..as it should've been..a penalty was given and probably scored...the rest of the bad decisions wouldn't have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Paul..I'm glad you mentioned the Gunnarsson foul in the box early in the game. If..as it should've been..a penalty was given and probably scored...the rest of the bad decisions wouldn't have happened.

. ..even if the penalty was missed the whole game would've panned out different..

English only officials to be always in charge of an English team v's a Welsh team, like that is fair ?...……...hmm, only two things matter when it comes to match officials in sport and that is too be fair and to be seen to be fair, first test dubious, second test obviously is a big fail.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    English only officials to be always in charge of an English team v's a Welsh team, like that is fair ?...……...hmm, only two things matter when it comes to match officials in sport and that is too be fair and to be seen to be fair, first test dubious, second test obviously is a big fail.
    We can't use the English / Welsh argument regarding refs.

We are in the English pyramid.

I do remember a top league Welsh ref Clive Thomas. Did he ever ref an FA Cup game for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    We can't use the English / Welsh argument regarding refs.

We are in the English pyramid.

I do remember a top league Welsh ref Clive Thomas. Did he ever ref an FA Cup game for us?
    Lots of the top refs were Welsh at one time, Swansea City were on course to win what is now the Premier League back in the day when refs decisions started going against them, Cardiff boy Toshack used to go off about it, in recent times Swansea were usually bottom of the 'real table' when wrong decisions directly leading to goals or wrongly disallowed goals were taken into consideration - was that just bad luck ? [Man U and Liverpool nearly always top for having the bulk of wrong decisions in their favour], did you see the Swansea v Man City FA Cup game the other day ? the Welsh team was done by the officials, I think Welsh teams are at a disadvantage.