+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sean Morrison

Sean Morrison

People are quick to say how good our defence are when he's missing but I thought he was superb on Sunday and for me Manga and Morrison is our best central defensive partnership.

I do love Bamba's character and he does come across as a true leader in the squad but his Ill discipline when it comes to positioning and knowing his own weaknesses has let us down time and time again this season.

Morrison has become a bit of a scapegoat for him in my opinion.

Re: Sean Morrison

I've been a critic of Morrison this season but he was excellent against Chelsea.

He was brilliant on Sunday. He was a real threat in the Chelsea area for crosses - hence the numbers of times he was fouled.
    Let's hope he gets back to his scoring ways for the last few games as he did last year (at Hull away he was awesome in a must win game).

I agree, his performance on Sunday was the best i've seen from him.

Is there any chance at all that, with the focus there has been on the two fouls on Morrison for which pens were not awarded, officials might pay a bit more attention to the constant foul-play he suffers at virtually every dead ball in virtually every game?

No? Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Is there any chance at all that, with the focus there has been on the two fouls on Morrison for which pens were not awarded, officials might pay a bit more attention to the constant foul-play he suffers at virtually every dead ball in virtually every game?

No? Oh well...
    Warnock has highlighted this numerous times at press conferences, complete stab in the dark but I’m sure Morrison should have won us at least 7/8 penalties this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Warnock has highlighted this numerous times at press conferences, complete stab in the dark but I’m sure Morrison should have won us at least 7/8 penalties this season.
    Still I'm sure it all evens out and that he's been awarded 7-8 that he shouldn't have got.

Bamba and Ecuele Manga played pretty well together when Morrison was out injured.

It's the combination of Bamba and Morrison that has become a liability.

He was fantastic

Formidable captains display - Just a question ........ Anyone know how many times he's actually been fouled in the opposition penalty area this season?

Would be interesting to know

Superb. Man of the match even though we lost. I think it’s it best pairing him and Bruno. We all love Sol but his mistakes get punished at this level. Thought the whole defence was outstanding apart from the Loftus Cheek goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Still I'm sure it all evens out and that he's been awarded 7-8 that he shouldn't have got.
    At Sunderland last season in first half he was pulled down but nothing given but after he had a word in the refs ear in 2nd half as a corner was lined up, he goes over and a pen is rightly awarded.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Superb. Man of the match even though we lost. I think it’s it best pairing him and Bruno. We all love Sol but his mistakes get punished at this level. Thought the whole defence was outstanding apart from the Loftus Cheek goal.

Yes but don’t forget that Alonso got his header in from the corner from which Chelsea equalised so both goals should have been snuffed out at source.