Liverpool (H)
    Wolves (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Watford (A)
    Bournemouth (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Huddersfield (H)

Re: Remaining fixtures

Huge game for Burnley at Bournemouth on Saturday. I think we still have a fighting chance of survival if they lose.

I think if Burnley get less than a win at Bournemouth and we avoid defeat at Turf Moor then it is on.

It would not be out of the realms of possibility for them to not pick up anything after their game with us.

It would be then for us to get the wins that are needed to get us about that dotted line.

BHA have a pretty tough run in too. Can't see them picking up many from those.

If you were those two sides then the home game with us for both is their target.

They win that and they do not get caught (8 points clear of us at least with 4 and 5 games remaining) but it is also a big opportunity for us to give them a bloody nose and get their nerves jangling.

Burnley were there for the taking at our place and we turned over Brighton so a win in at least one of those games is doable.
    Fulham will in all likelihood already be down and if Palace have pulled away then will they be breaking their backs to stay in this league?

We have 6 points to make up, I think if a team gets more than 1 win then that's us gone. I can't see us getting 3 wins over such a small space.

We need one of those teams to lose all their games realistically . I'd be much more optimostic if we had got what we deserved against Chelsea or if Wolves had beaten Burnley.

I do think we will fall short it's unlikely we are going to beat both Burnley and Brighton

Brighton have got 4 games they will fancy getting 3 points from at least.

According to NW after the Man City game we have 6 Winnable matches (Liverpool & Utd) 3 wins and we'll stay up

We may have more chance of catching Soton.

My guess is it could be on the last game of the season and we need to beat or draw with Man Ure to stay up.

Whichever team you think we have a chance of catching, it is clearly not over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Whichever team you think we have a chance of catching, it is clearly not over yet.
    It’s not over but the very existence of straw-clutching threads like these is worrying.

It’s a possibility, but it’s a remote one.