+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Has anyone attended a Serie A game recently?

Has anyone attended a Serie A game recently?

After attending football games in Spain, Germany and The Netherlands in the last couple of seasons I am keen to watch Juventus play next season. I understand that obtaining tickets for Italian league games are difficult due to security measures and that paying official agents a premium is possibly the most pragmatic solution.
    However, has anyone else had recent experience of purchasing tickets for Serie A?

Re: Has anyone attended a Serie A game recently?

I'll ask Gareth Bale's Mum to see if they can get a guest ticket from Ronaldo

Do you want autographs and a photo too?

Been to quite a few Serie A games and in general buying tickets has been relatively straightforward either online or, in most cases, at the stadium on the day of the game. For Juventus I’d recommend sorting out online before you go. The key is to take ID with you to the stadium as this is compulsory when buying tickets in Italy. I’ve always taken my passport just in case

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Been to quite a few Serie A games and in general buying tickets has been relatively straightforward either online or, in most cases, at the stadium on the day of the game. For Juventus I’d recommend sorting out online before you go. The key is to take ID with you to the stadium as this is compulsory when buying tickets in Italy. I’ve always taken my passport just in case
    Cheers. I keep my ID on me at all times when abroad. In fact, I think it is a legal requirement in many countries.

Was at Torino-Bologna a couple of weeks ago. Bought the ticket 2 hours before the game from the ticket office at the ground.
    I try to get to a game in Italy each September when we're there and I've seen many games from Catania to Sampdoria, and Bari to Hellas Verona. Not all Serie A games.
    I try to buy in person when I'm there. Either from the Club, or their Shop or from authorised sales outlets. There are official 3rd party sellers. Usually Listicket, but some clubs have arrangements with other authorised sellers. Each club's site will have a link. These authorised 3rd party sellers list sales outlets - Tobacconists, Cafes etc - where you can buy tickets officially at face value.
    Some clubs are much more used to non-Italians buying tickets - Juventus, Roma and Milan. Napoli and Lazio don't make it easy.
    I have only bought once via the internet. From Viagogo for Inter v Milan. That was only because I was arriving in Milan on the day of the game. Paid over face value, but no problems in using the ticket.
    You must always carry ID in Italy. Not something we're used to as we don't have ID cards. You will need your passport if buying tickets in person - and in any event at the turnstiles, as your name will be on the ticket. Well, it will be if it's a ticket from official sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl'ucello View Post
    Was at Torino-Bologna a couple of weeks ago. Bought the ticket 2 hours before the game from the ticket office at the ground.
    I try to get to a game in Italy each September when we're there and I've seen many games from Catania to Sampdoria, and Bari to Hellas Verona. Not all Serie A games.
    I try to buy in person when I'm there. Either from the Club, or their Shop or from authorised sales outlets. There are official 3rd party sellers. Usually Listicket, but some clubs have arrangements with other authorised sellers. Each club's site will have a link. These authorised 3rd party sellers list sales outlets - Tobacconists, Cafes etc - where you can buy tickets officially at face value.
    Some clubs are much more used to non-Italians buying tickets - Juventus, Roma and Milan. Napoli and Lazio don't make it easy.
    I have only bought once via the internet. From Viagogo for Inter v Milan. That was only because I was arriving in Milan on the day of the game. Paid over face value, but no problems in using the ticket.
    You must always carry ID in Italy. Not something we're used to as we don't have ID cards. You will need your passport if buying tickets in person - and in any event at the turnstiles, as your name will be on the ticket. Well, it will be if it's a ticket from official sources.
    Thanks. Your answer resembles other advice I have gleaned. It's perhaps tempting to pay over the odds and purchase tickets in advance rather than book flights first and hope that tickets are available on arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    After attending football games in Spain, Germany and The Netherlands in the last couple of seasons I am keen to watch Juventus play next season. I understand that obtaining tickets for Italian league games are difficult due to security measures and that paying official agents a premium is possibly the most pragmatic solution.
    However, has anyone else had recent experience of purchasing tickets for Serie A?
    I went to Milan v Inter a few weeks ago (great game, 2-3) and we were mainly going to the football. As we knew it was going to sell out, we registered with Milan's official ticket club (Cuoro Rossoneri - which was a bit of faff but for 15 euros, it was worth it), which meant we could buy registered tickets when they went on sale through the club website. We bought the tickets and it was painless. We had to be registered before the tickets went on sale before our memberships to count, so if you go down this route, do it early. Obviously, for games that won't sell out, this is less of an issue! As posters below have said, bring ID! It had to match the name on the ticket, and police were checking each one.