+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Etheridge

Re: Etheridge

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    There’s not many that command the box anyway. Even the best in the world De Gea to me is more of a shot stopper and doesn’t command a lot
    I'm in the Goalkeepers union. It's crazy that keepers have to have it all yet outfield players get away with only having 1 thing. If all players are judged by the the same standards as keepers, dear me.

Remember clowns on here criticising Alexander as he didn't save penalties FFS. Even when he did save one they scored on the rebound (still a save) but it wasn't good enough.

We've been blessed with great goalkeepers time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    doesn't command his area
    We have Our club captain as a centre back, the guy who is always pointing and shouting and does a great job in getting us organised.

No keeper commands his box anymore, hasn't been a thing for about 10 / 15 years?

As mentioned by another on this post , I didn't think he was going to become a City great or regular at the beginning , how bloody wrong I was , those early season penalty
    saved helped him and proved me wrong .

I think his kicking has got a bit better , you can see he's worked on it.

He has filled out as well .

Early on his defenders were not 100% sure of his abilities , now you can see they rate him ,which provides a good defensive unit, and you can see it helps their decisions making .

I would say he's better than Marshall now , fast approaching Ron Healey's wonderful standards .

Great signing by Warnock.

My memory of Ron Ron Healey is clearly not as complimentary as yours. Etheridge is an excellent keeper; Ron Healey was not.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I'm in the Goalkeepers union. It's crazy that keepers have to have it all yet outfield players get away with only having 1 thing. If all players are judged by the the same standards as keepers, dear me.

Remember clowns on here criticising Alexander as he didn't save penalties FFS. Even when he did save one they scored on the rebound (still a save) but it wasn't good enough.

We've been blessed with great goalkeepers time and time again.
    Alexander went down in my estimation when he shit out against Christian Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    My memory of Ron Ron Healey is clearly not as complimentary as yours. Etheridge is an excellent keeper; Ron Healey was not.
    216, appearances 1974 to 82 helluva of a career.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As mentioned by another on this post , I didn't think he was going to become a City great or regular at the beginning , how bloody wrong I was , those early season penalty
    saved helped him and proved me wrong .

I think his kicking has got a bit better , you can see he's worked on it.

He has filled out as well .

Early on his defenders were not 100% sure of his abilities , now you can see they rate him ,which provides a good defensive unit, and you can see it helps their decisions making .

I would say he's better than Marshall now , fast approaching Ron Healey's wonderful standards .

Great signing by Warnock.
    Etheridge has done well. He generally stands up well, not going to ground to early and is good with the high balls. The only thing that lets him down is his kicking, it's poor, he can't put his foot through the ball and it can put us in the shit at times.

His game would improve greatly if he was playing in a team whose tactics were to play out from the back. Defenders finding space for the ball to be rolled out to them, surely he couldn’t bugger up that type of distribution.