+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention turns to next 4

Attention turns to next 4

Well that’s that pointless excersise over and done with.

All about the next 4 - Burnley, Brighton, Liverpool and Fulham.

Realistically we need two wins and a draw from that lot. Tough, but do-able.

We can definitely win at Fulham. Can we win at either Burnley or Brighton when they’ll be happy with a draw?

Liverpool I don’t think is a total write-off.

Grateful for the break now. C’mon!

PS. How Murphy starts ahead of NML is criminal

Re: Attention turns to next 4

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Well that’s that pointless excersise over and done with.

All about the next 4 - Burnley, Brighton, Liverpool and Fulham.

Realistically we need two wins and a draw from that lot. Tough, but do-able.

We can definitely win at Fulham. Can we win at either Burnley or Brighton when they’ll be happy with a draw?

Liverpool I don’t think is a total write-off.

Grateful for the break now. C’mon!

PS. How Murphy starts ahead of NML is criminal
    Or CriNML perhaps.

Forget Liverpool.
    Win the other three.

City are the only team in PL history not to have won a midweek game, that’s 11 now.

BHA is a midweek fixture

OP, Liverpool is a write-off

Why is Liverpool a write off ? Hardly pulling up trees, looked like drawing at Fulham until our keeper gift them s pen. I tnink every game is point able even united, Brighton, burnley Fulham palace are huge, could win all 4, beating Brighton is the key fixture

3 wins from that lot please

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Why is Liverpool a write off ? Hardly pulling up trees, looked like drawing at Fulham until our keeper gift them s pen. I tnink every game is point able even united, Brighton, burnley Fulham palace are huge, could win all 4, beating Brighton is the key fixture
    Hardly pulling up trees? They've won three quarters of their games, only lost once, 15 points clear of third place and have a better goal difference than us by nearly 90 goals.

We could get a result of course, but they are totally pulling up trees.

Pointable is a nice word, though. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Hardly pulling up trees? They've won three quarters of their games, only lost once, 15 points clear of third place and have a better goal difference than us by nearly 90 goals.

Yes Liverpool are wining, but of late winning ugly, there luck will run out

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

But they’re due to feck it up at some point �� its at CCS I would luv it

I wouldn’t write off the Liverpool game just yet. They’ve not been convincing lately and are liking more nervous than Man City.

I’d absolutely love it if we could turn them over.

Just need to avoid conceding an early goal / goals again.

No game between now and next month is a write off. Liverpool will probably batter us but they have slipped up before in title races so feck knows what could happen.

Burnley, Fulham, Palace and Brighton are must wins now. 3 wins from that could be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I wouldn’t write off the Liverpool game just yet. They’ve not been convincing lately and are liking more nervous than Man City.

I’d absolutely love it if we could turn them over.

Just need to avoid conceding an early goal / goals again.
    It would be far better than the 3 points we should have had v Chelsea, it might keep us up and surely it would end their title hopes, and more importantly the hopes and dreams of all the South Wales reds, the sad w@nkerrrrrs they all are.......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It would be far better than the 3 points we should have had v Chelsea, it might keep us up and surely it would end their title hopes, and more importantly the hopes and dreams of all the South Wales reds, the sad w@nkerrrrrs they all are.......
    Cant stop thinking southampton will beat liverpool 2-1 on Friday

MASSIVE last 6 fixtures ....

Burnley (A) - Can't afford to concede against them, IF we can get an early goal against them I think they'll implode and we'll score more on the counter.

Brighton (A) - Fantastic Cup run against average teams but current league form is Shocking - Lets hope they get to Extra time and then Smashed by Man City this weekend - Massive potential 3 points For us

Liverpool (H) - Not expecting anything from this match ...... But would love to see us cause "The Upset of the season"

Fulham (A) - Craven Cottage has always been a good ground for us .... Fulham already down so the worst thing about this game is the Pressure is all on us, Hopefully they'll be in Holiday mode.

Crystal Palace (H) - Hopefully Palace will be safe by the time they come to us, They have Newcastle (A) Man City (H) Arsenal (A) Everton (H) before they travel to us ...... Home support will be Crucial

Man Utd (A) - Not expecting anything from this match ..... But you never know, Utd might already be In/Out of the top 4 so not much to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post

Burnley (A) - Can't afford to concede against them, IF we can get an early goal against them I think they'll implode and we'll score more on the counter.

Brighton (A) - Fantastic Cup run against average teams but current league form is Shocking - Lets hope they get to Extra time and then Smashed by Man City this weekend - Massive potential 3 points For us

Liverpool (H) - Not expecting anything from this match ...... But would love to see us cause "The Upset of the season"

Fulham (A) - Craven Cottage has always been a good ground for us .... Fulham already down so the worst thing about this game is the Pressure is all on us, Hopefully they'll be in Holiday mode.

Crystal Palace (H) - Hopefully Palace will be safe by the time they come to us, They have Newcastle (A) Man City (H) Arsenal (A) Everton (H) before they travel to us ...... Home support will be Crucial

Man Utd (A) - Not expecting anything from this match ..... But you never know, Utd might already be In/Out of the top 4 so not much to play for.
    If there is anything at all on that man u game things must have gone quite well for us over next 5 games.....

I said at the start of the season if we have to go to Utd to get a result to stay up that would be ok.

If we need a point there would be ok, Burnley @ Arsenal same day - might be fun if we're both on the same points..

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post

18 points, then do a Leicester and win the PL next season.

I think we may be deluding ourselves if we think we are going to win another 3 games.
    I reckon we will end up relegated on 31. The season will be over by Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I said at the start of the season if we have to go to Utd to get a result to stay up that would be ok.

If we need a point there would be ok, Burnley @ Arsenal same day - might be fun if we're both on the same points..
    Burnley are at home against Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I think we may be deluding ourselves if we think we are going to win another 3 games.
    You're as much fun as your namesake.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    You're as much fun as your namesake.
    It's not what Diane says.
    😉

TBH the Burnley game is everything. Brighton & Southampton will safely get to 39 points.

Bournemouth have a big part to play as they have Burnley (H) Brighton (A) & Southampton (A) to play

IF Bournemouth beat Burnley on the weekend we'll be 5 behind with a game in hand. Their last 4 games are Chelsea (A), Man City (H), Everton (A), Arsenal (H).

If we lose at Burnley, we'll have to win a minimum of 3 of the other 5 games. If we win at Burnley, we might get away with just 1 other win. We'll know by 5pm on Apr 13th. A massive game.

I'll take 7 points from those 4 games, as long as 3 of those 7 are at Burnley's expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    TBH the Burnley game is everything. Brighton & Southampton will safely get to 39 points.

Bournemouth have a big part to play as they have Burnley (H) Brighton (A) & Southampton (A) to play

IF Bournemouth beat Burnley on the weekend we'll be 5 behind with a game in hand. Their last 4 games are Chelsea (A), Man City (H), Everton (A), Arsenal (H).

If we lose at Burnley, we'll have to win a minimum of 3 of the other 5 games. If we win at Burnley, we might get away with just 1 other win. We'll know by 5pm on Apr 13th. A massive game.

I'll take 7 points from those 4 games, as long as 3 of those 7 are at Burnley's expense.
    Another thing that might go in our favour is that Burnley like playing teams that keep the ball so they can hit them on the break. They won't get much of that from us. It's one of the great footballing mysteries how we didn't beat them earlier in the season and, at home with a crowd expecting them to beat us, they're on a hiding to nothing.

That Chelsea game has killed us off I reckon. I’d like to th8nk differently but this is Cardiff city we are talking about. Had we taken the three v Chelsea I think we would have gone on to win a few, now I’m not so sure. Burnley must have loved that, just as Neil said.

It's not what Diane says.
    😉
    Diane says we'll be safe on 370 points...