+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Niasse????????

Re: Niasse????????

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    No first touch and can't finish

Zohore and Reid are both better options
    Reid is not a better option playing up front on his own like Niasse does.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wonder what his team mates think of him? Anyone who’s played football must have had a similar player in their side, the bloke that you just go ‘Oh f*ck, not him’ when he’s in front of goal. At that standard though you all just rip the piss out of him in the pub after and it becomes a bit of a standing joke, a laugh and there’s no one to take his place anyway but in the Premier League!!!!! There’s win bonuses on the line, staying up bonuses, contract renewals etc etc, wonder what it’d be like in another line of work if a colleague was continually impacting on you like that.
    To be fair we were hardly scoring goals before he came in. I think he is a very frustrating player, at times he looks a class above other forwards we have had for a few years but when infront of goal he looks like he plays out a million options in his mind and runs out of time before choosing one.

Our lack of possession isn't going to help him, he clearly needs a few good chances before putting one away, and in this league we just aren't able to provide him with enough opportunities.

I think he's been a great addition to the team. So he missed a good chance yesterday, does it matter in the grand scheme of things?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think he's been a great addition to the team. So he missed a good chance yesterday, does it matter in the grand scheme of things?
    He’s missed countless chances, good chances too. The chances he missed against West Ham were embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s missed countless chances, good chances too. The chances he missed against West Ham were embarrassing.
    But we won that game.

But we won that game.
    Thankfully for him as the misses didn’t cost us

But we won that game.
    So that’s ok then, he could have set up a nervy last few minutes last night. Mind you if he did score the odd goal or two Everton would never had let him go. I did admire his running & harrying when he first arrived, thinking he’d bang one in pretty soon. But I think he’s got the strikers equivalent of Dartitis. He’s very frustrating and we’re running out of games.

Scored 102 goals for US Ouakam.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    So that’s ok then, he could have set up a nervy last few minutes last night. Mind you if he did score the odd goal or two Everton would never had let him go. I did admire his running & harrying when he first arrived, thinking he’d bang one in pretty soon. But I think he’s got the strikers equivalent of Dartitis. He’s very frustrating and we’re running out of games.
    If he’d scored that we’d have had lost 4-1

I would still pick him above Ken far more mobile and seems to know how to occupy defenders. He does a good job in pressing far better than Reid who may as well be invisible and Zohore who doesn't seem to know what to do.

He has missed some good chances but I can certainly see what Warnock picks him over the others

He's a good footballer. Better than most in our squad. If he was ****ing brilliant, Everton wouldn't have sent him out on loan. (which is a point that you've raised in the past about other players JR) I think he's been a positive addition to the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Reid is not a better option playing up front on his own like Niasse does.
    Agreed. Niasse is weird. He is very good at all the stuff required to play up front on his own. In fact he is the best we have at the club for that role. Unfortunately the important part of his role. You know. The shooting bit. He is bloody awful.

He runs the channel well ,turns defenders and runs at them
    ,at times he' s a lone striker , fed on crumbs , he pulls defenders away to create space for others , and in the best league in the world , you could argue that of the wins we have gathered , he has played a part.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I like Niasse. Does everything but score.
    The problem being, the reason he was brought here, was to score.

I think Niasse comes very close to being a striker who justifies his place in the team without scoring goals, but I don't get why someone who has put the ball into the net around one hundred and fifty times in his senior career makes such poor decisions and/or gets himself into such odd positions when he is given very good scoring opportunities - bad finishing wasn't one of the criticisms of him I read from Everton fans when we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think Niasse comes very close to being a striker who justifies his place in the team without scoring goals, but I don't get why someone who has put the ball into the net around one hundred and fifty times in his senior career makes such poor decisions and/or gets himself into such odd positions when he is given very good scoring opportunities - bad finishing wasn't one of the criticisms of him I read from Everton fans when we signed him.
    ..but his final touch was!

I’m convinced that Arter refuses to pass to him a couple of times against Chelsea. He made good runs down the left and Arter (who was going that way) just cut back inside when Niasse was the easy/better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    I’m convinced that Arter refuses to pass to him a couple of times against Chelsea. He made good runs down the left and Arter (who was going that way) just cut back inside when Niasse was the easy/better option.
    Essentially a pass straight back to the opposition.

Its not just the finishing, its the dreadful first touch. At least Ken can control the ball

How many chances did Jesus miss for Man City?

The difference is the top clubs create many more chances so can afford to miss a few. We need, and expect, our strikers to take every chance they get, because we only get one or two per game.