+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I would never have got into football if………………

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I would never have got into football if………………

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Haven’t they got 4 or 5 trips to London in the next 4 weeks? Football is way expensive even if you have a ST. Man City fans strike me as quite normal working class types who prob can’t afford everything the club does, like they returned 2000 for the semi this Sunday v bha, dont blame them one bit, Wembley is dull as.....as much as they have bought the league I just cannot begrudge them anything having to put up with Man Utd all these years. Didn’t utd win the champions league when City were relegated to league 1?
    I actually hope they win the champions league this season and sign Bale
    I used to use almost all of my annual leave allowance on Cardiff City games. God knows how diehard fans of the big clubs manage with so many cup games, many of which will involve travelling to mainland Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    My Man City supporting nephew just can’t manage every away game, it’s financially impossible for him. He obviously does every home game with his season ticket but something had to give this weekend so he’s missing Brighton but doing Spurs. He’s done nigh on every European away this season but the money tree out his back is down to its last few leaves.
    I met a Man City fan in a hotel once and he travelled home and away, and followed European games and as well as using up most of his holiday allowance if I remember he reckoned he spent on average £15k-£20k a season following football.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I met a Man City fan in a hotel once and he travelled home and away, and followed European games and as well as using up most of his holiday allowance if I remember he reckoned he spent on average £15k-£20k a season following football.
    This is a golden time for them, before the owners came along they were a bit of a yo yo. You’d think vinnie could get a few if his richer billionaire mates on board by now, we could be going on the same journeys too.....oh nuts at least we don’t have to go to friggin Ipswich next season....