+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I would never have got into football if………………

Re: I would never have got into football if………………

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    This is getting hilarious. You are choosing teams based purely on history, so you happily leave out Huddersfield (won the league title in 3 consecutive years), Watford (who have spent more seasons in the top flight in the last 40 years than Cardiff have since the war! and Bournemouth who are about to spend their 5th consecutive season in the top flight (Cardiff last achieved that in 1950s!).

You leave out Swansea, purely because you hate them, but they are closer than Sunderland who would make a good entry (according to you) if it wasn't for the distance. Yet, Newcastle are in the league!

It's hilarious seeing how, as Cardiff slip closer to the drop, fans' opinion of the League they were so desperate to join (at one stage,so desperate were they that they chanted bluebirds to a team wearing red) becomes an illogical concoction of a new discovery that the Premier League is not competitive (well, not if you support Cardiff anyway) and driven by money.

Yet, if somehow Cardiff manage to stay up (they won't), people like Goats will be wetting her knickers thinking about another 180 minutes of watching Man City pass the ball around Cardiff as if they were training cones.

By the way, for your "great" league, I doubt if Cardiff would stay up next season. Shame we can't test it out, hey, because pretty soon you'd be whinging about that league and drawing up a new league containing Merthyr, Hereford and Cardiff Met to replace the bad league where everybody beats Cardiff.
    Officially lost the plot. 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This is interesting. So, if a club currently averaging attendances of 50,000+ for the fourth year on the trot aren't 'big, who is?
    If you pumped the players and money into most clubs they would see massive attendances. They have been heavily invested into for best part of 10 years.

I would expect cardiff to get 50k if were one of the best teams in europe

This is getting hilarious. You are choosing teams based purely on history, so you happily leave out Huddersfield (won the league title in 3 consecutive years), Watford (who have spent more seasons in the top flight in the last 40 years than Cardiff have since the war! and Bournemouth who are about to spend their 5th consecutive season in the top flight (Cardiff last achieved that in 1950s!).

You leave out Swansea, purely because you hate them, but they are closer than Sunderland who would make a good entry (according to you) if it wasn't for the distance. Yet, Newcastle are in the league!

It's hilarious seeing how, as Cardiff slip closer to the drop, fans' opinion of the League they were so desperate to join (at one stage,so desperate were they that they chanted bluebirds to a team wearing red) becomes an illogical concoction of a new discovery that the Premier League is not competitive (well, not if you support Cardiff anyway) and driven by money.

Yet, if somehow Cardiff manage to stay up (they won't), people like Goats will be wetting her knickers thinking about another 180 minutes of watching Man City pass the ball around Cardiff as if they were training cones.

By the way, for your "great" league, I doubt if Cardiff would stay up next season. Shame we can't test it out, hey, because pretty soon you'd be whinging about that league and drawing up a new league containing Merthyr, Hereford and Cardiff Met to replace the bad league where everybody beats Cardiff.
    Ah sorry love, it’s not hilarious and I’m not whinging. Chill out jack, just coz I didn’t mention you, it was just a fantasy top league team I made up fir when the big six F off. The jacks are rocking about with Wigan and Rochdale I’m afraid down in league 1 or two, who cares which? Anything else worrying you ?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Blimey Jirga, are you really never gonna give all this a rest?
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Ah sorry love, it’s not hilarious and I’m not whinging. Chill out jack, just coz I didn’t mention you, it was just a fantasy top league team I made up fir when the big six F off. The jacks are rocking about with Wigan and Rochdale I’m afraid down in league 1 or two, who cares which? Anything else worrying you ?
    Ah, still trying to throw around "you're a Jack" like it's actually relevant (or even an insult). You say your ideal league isn't hilarious. It is, it's been drawn up during a tantrum and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Officially lost the plot. ��
    Expand. If you can.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Officially lost the plot. ��

I didn’t even mean to tip her over the edge, I don’t hate swansea, for to hate one needs to care and be slightly deluded. I pity them mind for having hedge fund owners.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    If you pumped the players and money into most clubs they would see massive attendances. They have been heavily invested into for best part of 10 years.

Hang on, what are you saying here? Anyone could get 50,000, therefore anyone can be a big club. But, Man City are not a big club, but are one of the best teams in Europe? confused.com

Expand. If you can.

Exhale Jenny exhale.....good eh?

What?
    Are you pretending not to be Jirga again, or is the "what" for something else?

I didn’t even mean to tip her over the edge, I don’t hate swansea, for to hate one needs to care and be slightly deluded. I pity them mind for having hedge fund owners.
    Are you going to derail this thread. I've stayed on point by taking the piss out of your league, sponsored by Tampax I guess because it could only be drawn up during PMT. You've gone right off the subject. Can you explain why a club like Bournemouth or a club like Watford are ones you feel you can dismiss despite their recent histories being far more productive than Cardiff's?

Are you pretending not to be Jirga again, or is the "what" for something else?
    Jeez, talk about paranoia!

The "What?" is asking you "What?" What am I not giving a rest to?

Exhale Jenny exhale.....good eh?
    Why are Watford a club you feel you can easily dismiss? What was it, 3-2 at Vicarage Road and 5-1 at Cardiff?

Ah, still trying to throw around "you're a Jack" like it's actually relevant (or even an insult). You say your ideal league isn't hilarious. It is, it's been drawn up during a tantrum and it shows.
    A t@ntrum? Sitting in my pants drawing dinosaurs with my 5 year old without thinking or having a care in the world.....really Jen, you read to deeply into what I type, let it go, it’s no good for you.....

Jeez, talk about paranoia!

The "What?" is asking you "What?" What am I not giving a rest to?

The whole schtick. Can probably start with the red shirts thing. Most of us are still here from those days and remember that you went along to the games, despite looking down on others who had also gone.

A t@ntrum? Sitting in my pants drawing dinosaurs with my 5 year old without thinking or having a care in the world.....really Jen, you read to deeply into what I type, let it go, it’s no good for you.....
    OK, so you can't answer why clubs like Watford are inferior to clubs like Cardiff. Just as I suspected. Your league is not well thought out. Maybe inventing spurious leagues is good for your recovery. Keep up the good work.

Why are Watford a club you feel you can easily dismiss? What was it, 3-2 at Vicarage Road and 5-1 at Cardiff?
    I do feel a bit bad on Watford in my made up fantasy tantrum I mean league, pluck it, I’m going to promote them, but who to relegate?
    Maybe derby, they did annoy me after snowgate.....or stoke hhhmmmm...what do think you big Chomsky you

OK, so you can't answer why clubs like Watford are inferior to clubs like Cardiff. Just as I suspected. Your league is not well thought out. Maybe inventing spurious leagues is good for your recovery. Keep up the good work.

The club isn’t inferior the town is just a boring dump that doesn’t make for a great away game.

Spurious leagues are fun, life can be fun sometimes when you don’t take everything too seriously, particularly when in recovery like me

The whole schtick. Can probably start with the red shirts thing. Most of us are still here from those days and remember that you went along to the games, despite looking down on others who had also gone.
    I actually started off with some facts - mainly the number of seasons a "not-proper" club like Watford have spent in the top flight. I also added some more facts about how Cardiff fans love affair with the Premier league seems to wane with every embarrassing performance. I was merely recalling another fact in how desperate some (not all, probably not you Lardy) fans were to get to the Premier League. It's on record.

Now, back to this league - do you reckon Watford are not a proper club? Bournemouth? Huddersfield? In 6 games against these "not-proper" clubs this season, Cardiff recorded one win. I suppose you'll find this fact so hard to argue against that you will bring up shirt colours again.

Spurious leagues are fun, life can be fun sometimes when you don’t take everything too seriously, particularly when in recovery like me

The club isn’t inferior the town is just a boring dump that doesn’t make for a great away game.
    Some of the best away games I have been to have been in right shitholes.

I actually started off with some facts - mainly the number of seasons a "not-proper" club like Watford have spent in the top flight. I also added some more facts about how Cardiff fans love affair with the Premier league seems to wane with every embarrassing performance. I was merely recalling another fact in how desperate some (not all, probably not you Lardy) fans were to get to the Premier League. It's on record.

Now, back to this league - do you reckon Watford are not a proper club? Bournemouth? Huddersfield? In 6 games against these "not-proper" clubs this season, Cardiff recorded one win. I suppose you'll find this fact so hard to argue against that you will bring up shirt colours again.
    They're ok clubs in my eyes. Thanks for asking.

Bring up the shirt colours "again"? I didn't bring it up the first time...

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

Back in 1924, Cardiff City played a 4th round FA Cup tie away at Manchester City. The attendance was 76,166.

Between 1925 and 1930, Manchester City were consistently one of the top two clubs in the country in terms of attendances. Indeed, between 1923 and the start of World War 2, their lowest position in the national attendance averages was eighth.

In 1935, they had a record league attendance of 79,461 for a home game against Arsenal.

In the mid-Eighties, Manchester City were ranked sixth and eighth in the national attendance rankings despite playing two seasons in the second tier. They were sixth in 1989 despite being in Division Two again.

In 1999, they averaged higher attendances than half of the Premier League clubs despite playing in the third tier.

In 2002, they were ranked seventh in the all-time Football League attendance rankings. I haven't got any all-time tables since then, but they've probably moved up a place or two based on the fact that Everton and Spurs were ranked above them at that stage.

Manchester City are a huge club and have been since as far back as 1901, when they became one of the top two clubs in the country for the first time.

Some of the best away games I have been to have been in right shitholes.
    Sure you have