+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I would never have got into football if………………

I would never have got into football if………………

Re: I would never have got into football if………………

It hadn't been for naked men, a sheep and a torch

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It hadn't been for naked men, a sheep and a torch

If the Premier League remains in the format it is today (no European League), I'd love a crystal ball to see what it’s like in 10 years time, will the bubble burst or will the elite just keep pulling further & further away? Will Man City make it a more or less one team league with a different ‘great white hope’ (Liverpool’s turn this year) trying to go head to head with them? Amazing to regard Chelsea being in the same top 6 company as them when we were so unfortunate against them on Sunday while Man City shoved 6 on them in February.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If the Premier League remains in the format it is today (no European League), I'd love a crystal ball to see what it’s like in 10 years time, will the bubble burst or will the elite just keep pulling further & further away? Will Man City make it a more or less one team league with a different ‘great white hope’ (Liverpool’s turn this year) trying to go head to head with them? Amazing to regard Chelsea being in the same top 6 company as them when we were so unfortunate against them on Sunday while Man City shoved 6 on them in February.
    Man City are by no means invincible. They’ve been beaten by Palace, Newcastle, Leicester and Chelsea this season, as well drawn with newly-promoted Wolves. They are an exceptionally good side, but they do lose matches from time to time. Indeed, they’ve already lost more than Leicester did in 2015/16 or Chelsea did in 2014/15.

It’s hard to envisage any of the current top 6 not finishing in the top 6. A bit of a free for all below with clubbs like Everton, wolves and Leicester trying to break in, which might happen now and again. Really, the top 6 might aswell do one, let’s take the top 6 from the championship and have a proper league.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It’s hard to envisage any of the current top 6 not finishing in the top 6. A bit of a free for all below with clubbs like Everton, wolves and Leicester trying to break in, which might happen now and again. Really, the top 6 might aswell do one, let’s take the top 6 from the championship and have a proper league.
    TBH I'd enjoy it alot more than what I am now

Good Shout!! They could form a league with Celtic and Rangers, play one another 8 times a season, and have the media fawning and drooling over this Super League. To be honest, I wish they'd just ferk off and join a European Super league. As you say, get the top 6 in from the Championship and the Premier League really would be the best in the world for entertainment. Not the wank-a-thon it is now for the media with regard to their love-in with the TOP 6.

Whatever happened to the days of Man City & Chelsea being in division 2, Spurs being a mid-table side and Everton & Villa being top 6 sides. It's never been as clear cut as it is now, with the new money projecting sides into the top 6.

Last time Arsenal were outside the top 6 was 94/95. Liverpool haven't been outside the top 8 since 62/63 and Manure have been outside the top 6 once since 89/90.

Times they are a changing! Leeds, Forest, Wednesday, where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Good Shout!! They could form a league with Celtic and Rangers, play one another 8 times a season, and have the media fawning and drooling over this Super League.
    Rangers in a super league , Newcastle would be in melt down!

I reckon this would be a good league

Cardiff city
    Villa
    West Brom
    Boro
    Newcastle
    Leeds
    Sheffield Utd
    Sheffield weds
    Forest
    Derby
    Stoke
    Brighton
    Palace
    Everton
    Saints
    Wolves
    Leicester
    West Ham
    Norwich
    Fulham

Maybe the wurzels just for the fun of it......see, we don’t need them do we?

what a thumping great division that would make.

I reckon this would be a good league
    Interesting, no Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley & Huddersfield. I think Sunderland & Portsmouth deserve a shout.

Make it a 24 team & add Watford, Bournemouth, Sunderland & Portsmouth. No European Football, so no worries. Kick the Super-League sides out of the League Cup & make it a real competition again.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Interesting, no Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley & Huddersfield. I think Sunderland & Portsmouth deserve a shout.

Make it a 24 team & add Watford, Bournemouth, Sunderland & Portsmouth. No European Football, so no worries. Kick the Super-League sides out of the League Cup & make it a real competition again.
    Watford, Bournemouth, hudds I never see as proper clubs anyway, that’s just my personal view, Sunderland is a good shout but another long trip up north....

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

How did I forget Burnely......

How did I forget Burnely......
    Bit of a Fairwater Birdies Lane stand off threat that isn’t it? Burn Ely😳

Part of me would prefer Cardiff to get relegated just because following a club like Cardiff in the Championship is so much more fun than the status quo of the Prem.

There's going to have to be a salary cap and free agency. It's the only way to keep the league competitive.

Watford, Bournemouth, hudds I never see as proper clubs anyway, that’s just my personal view, Sunderland is a good shout but another long trip up north....
    Watford have had far more success and have been run far better than we have over the last 40 years. Bit odd to look down your nose at them since they also stuffed us recently. What is a proper club?

Man city are good but I think are far behind the Barcelona team a few years ago.

When a team.is so good you expect it to go on and on just look at Arsenal invincibles. Chelsea were dominant for a few years.

Man city are not a big team just got the backing over other clubs. You only have to look at the stadium yesterday.

I think one of the problems is their squads are so much better than other teams. I think the loan cap might help a bit.

I imagine sooner or later man city will get a transfer ban for doing something illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Watford have had far more success and have been run far better than we have over the last 40 years. Bit odd to look down your nose at them since they also stuffed us recently. What is a proper club?
    You are right, if anything I would love it if we could replicate what they have done, on a very small budget too. Maybe I just look at Watford as a right dump nothing type town so it’s got noth8ng to do with the actual club. I only put Fulham in as everyone loves a trip there....

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Man city are not a big team just got the backing over other clubs.
    This is interesting. So, if a club currently averaging attendances of 50,000+ for the fourth year on the trot aren't 'big, who is?

I don’t get it I remember it was just a fantasy to think city could play in the premier league but it was always the dream then when we get there everyone wants to go back to the championship you never know some crazy rich mother ****er might take a punt on us

This is getting hilarious. You are choosing teams based purely on history, so you happily leave out Huddersfield (won the league title in 3 consecutive years), Watford (who have spent more seasons in the top flight in the last 40 years than Cardiff have since the war! and Bournemouth who are about to spend their 5th consecutive season in the top flight (Cardiff last achieved that in 1950s!).

You leave out Swansea, purely because you hate them, but they are closer than Sunderland who would make a good entry (according to you) if it wasn't for the distance. Yet, Newcastle are in the league!

It's hilarious seeing how, as Cardiff slip closer to the drop, fans' opinion of the League they were so desperate to join (at one stage,so desperate were they that they chanted bluebirds to a team wearing red) becomes an illogical concoction of a new discovery that the Premier League is not competitive (well, not if you support Cardiff anyway) and driven by money.

Yet, if somehow Cardiff manage to stay up (they won't), people like Goats will be wetting her knickers thinking about another 180 minutes of watching Man City pass the ball around Cardiff as if they were training cones.

By the way, for your "great" league, I doubt if Cardiff would stay up next season. Shame we can't test it out, hey, because pretty soon you'd be whinging about that league and drawing up a new league containing Merthyr, Hereford and Cardiff Met to replace the bad league where everybody beats Cardiff.

Blimey Jirga, are you really never gonna give all this a rest?