+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I would never have got into football if………………

Re: I would never have got into football if………………

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You are right, if anything I would love it if we could replicate what they have done, on a very small budget too. Maybe I just look at Watford as a right dump nothing type town so it’s got noth8ng to do with the actual club. I only put Fulham in as everyone loves a trip there....
    Fair enough. If you're building a league based on nice away trips, could we invite some teams from the south of France?

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    If you pumped the players and money into most clubs they would see massive attendances. They have been heavily invested into for best part of 10 years.

I would expect cardiff to get 50k if were one of the best teams in europe
    Current squad purchased for £740M, includes 14 players for £30M+. Might have been 53,000 posted for Weds night, in reality maybe 40,000 in stadium

I’ll have the two Bristol’s, Swansea, Newport, Forest Green, Exeter, Swindon Villa, Brum, Hereford, Shrewsbury and Yeovil in my league.
    Nice easy away fixtures for the boiz.

My school had made me play rugby 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Back in 1924, Cardiff City played a 4th round FA Cup tie away at Manchester City. The attendance was 76,166.

Between 1925 and 1930, Manchester City were consistently one of the top two clubs in the country in terms of attendances. Indeed, between 1923 and the start of World War 2, their lowest position in the national attendance averages was eighth.

In 1935, they had a record league attendance of 79,461 for a home game against Arsenal.

In the mid-Eighties, Manchester City were ranked sixth and eighth in the national attendance rankings despite playing two seasons in the second tier. They were sixth in 1989 despite being in Division Two again.

In 1999, they averaged higher attendances than half of the Premier League clubs despite playing in the third tier.

In 2002, they were ranked seventh in the all-time Football League attendance rankings. I haven't got any all-time tables since then, but they've probably moved up a place or two based on the fact that Everton and Spurs were ranked above them at that stage.

Manchester City are a huge club and have been since as far back as 1901, when they became one of the top two clubs in the country for the first time.
    Yes and done this with arguably the biggest club in the world on their doorstep

If l hadn’t wanted to spend as much time as possible with my old man

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Current squad purchased for £740M, includes 14 players for £30M+. Might have been 53,000 posted for Weds night, in reality maybe 40,000 in stadium
    Are you daring to suggest a televised midweek game against Neil Warnock’s Cardiff City side wasn’t a major attraction for many Manchester City season ticket holders?!?

Are you daring to suggest a televised midweek game against Neil Warnock’s Cardiff City side wasn’t a major attraction for many Manchester City season ticket holders?!?
    Man City used to have good fans, now they don't turn up; and if they do, they don't sing. I do find it a bit curious, even away from home their fans were awful and they were winning 5-0! Although, nowhere is as bad as Anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Man City used to have good fans, now they don't turn up; and if they do, they don't sing. I do find it a bit curious, even away from home their fans were awful and they were winning 5-0! Although, nowhere is as bad as Anfield.
    This sort of observation always amuses me. Seriously, what do you expect? For most of their fans, Man City playing Cardiff in the Premier League is the equivalent of Cardiff playing a midweek game against Burton or the MK Dons in the Championship. If memory serves, there was never too much atmosphere at fixtures like those.

Wednesday’s game was one of the most boring non-events I’ve seen in a long while. Cardiff were totally outclassed from start to finish by a Manchester team that was missing a number of their biggest stars. The result was never in doubt and for long periods it genuinely looked like a training exercise.

For Man City fans, this was one of the least attractive fixtures of the season. Did you honestly expect them to get excited by it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I’ll have the two Bristol’s, Swansea, Newport, Forest Green, Exeter, Swindon Villa, Brum, Hereford, Shrewsbury and Yeovil in my league.
    Nice easy away fixtures for the boiz.
    Everyone a bubble after 1 season....great

Don’t you know they are for a historic quadruple gunman? They should be queuing round the stadium and foaming at the mouth

Don’t you know they are for a historic quadruple gunman? They should be queuing round the stadium and foaming at the mouth
    Like the rest of us, most Man City fans will have only a limited amount of time and disposable income. I’m going to take a wild guess and say that FA Cup semi-finals, Champions League quarter-finals and Premier League games against the likes of Spurs and Man Utd are likely to be a shade more attractive to them than a midweek televised game against Cardiff.

Like the rest of us, most Man City fans will have only a limited amount of time and disposable income. I’m going to take a wild guess and say that FA Cup semi-finals, Champions League quarter-finals and Premier League games against the likes of Spurs and Man Utd are likely to be a shade more attractive to them than a midweek televised game against Cardiff.
    Haven’t they got 4 or 5 trips to London in the next 4 weeks? Football is way expensive even if you have a ST. Man City fans strike me as quite normal working class types who prob can’t afford everything the club does, like they returned 2000 for the semi this Sunday v bha, dont blame them one bit, Wembley is dull as.....as much as they have bought the league I just cannot begrudge them anything having to put up with Man Utd all these years. Didn’t utd win the champions league when City were relegated to league 1?
    I actually hope they win the champions league this season and sign Bale

Remember if you include Swansea, you'll have to include Wigan

Haven’t they got 4 or 5 trips to London in the next 4 weeks? Football is way expensive even if you have a ST. Man City fans strike me as quite normal working class types who prob can’t afford everything the club does, like they returned 2000 for the semi this Sunday v bha, dont blame them one bit, Wembley is dull as.....as much as they have bought the league I just cannot begrudge them anything having to put up with Man Utd all these years. Didn’t utd win the champions league when City were relegated to league 1?
    I actually hope they win the champions league this season and sign Bale
    I used to use almost all of my annual leave allowance on Cardiff City games. God knows how diehard fans of the big clubs manage with so many cup games, many of which will involve travelling to mainland Europe.

No, but you seemed to concentrate on just 5 percent of my post. It's ok, but you were derailing the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    Expand. If you can.
    No need to expand. Have a guess at what you thought I meant.

PS....Obviously when you put someone on ignore it doesn’t carry over to a new user name🙄

Quote Originally Posted by JennyWren View Post
    No, but you seemed to concentrate on just 5 percent of my post. It's ok, but you were derailing the thread.
    Who you talking to? Has everyone got you on ignore yirga or whoever you are

I used to use almost all of my annual leave allowance on Cardiff City games. God knows how diehard fans of the big clubs manage with so many cup games, many of which will involve travelling to mainland Europe.
    My Man City supporting nephew just can’t manage every away game, it’s financially impossible for him. He obviously does every home game with his season ticket but something had to give this weekend so he’s missing Brighton but doing Spurs. He’s done nigh on every European away this season but the money tree out his back is down to its last few leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    My Man City supporting nephew just can’t manage every away game, it’s financially impossible for him. He obviously does every home game with his season ticket but something had to give this weekend so he’s missing Brighton but doing Spurs. He’s done nigh on every European away this season but the money tree out his back is down to its last few leaves.
    I met a Man City fan in a hotel once and he travelled home and away, and followed European games and as well as using up most of his holiday allowance if I remember he reckoned he spent on average £15k-£20k a season following football.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I met a Man City fan in a hotel once and he travelled home and away, and followed European games and as well as using up most of his holiday allowance if I remember he reckoned he spent on average £15k-£20k a season following football.
    This is a golden time for them, before the owners came along they were a bit of a yo yo. You’d think vinnie could get a few if his richer billionaire mates on board by now, we could be going on the same journeys too.....oh nuts at least we don’t have to go to friggin Ipswich next season....