+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking Grim for The other CCFC

Looking Grim for The other CCFC

Re: Looking Grim for The other CCFC

‘87 fa cup winners over spurs
    They missed the money era though

I used to watch Coventry occasionally as a kid (in the 70's) when visiting relatives in that city. Due to Jimmy Hill, who took them as manager up to the top flight from two divisions lower, they were miles ahead of the game regarding branding: much of the ground was painted sky blue and even the tea cups had the club's colours and emblem on it. They went up with Wolves and, if I remember rightly, avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth in their first two seasons in what was then the First Division before finishing the following season in 6th place. They spent over thirty consecutive season in that division before being relegated. And Highfield Road was the first all-seater stadium in England. And who can forget Earnie Hunt's unusual goal (and you have to wait until 34 seconds in to see what was unusual about it):

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I used to watch Coventry occasionally as a kid (in the 70's) when visiting relatives in that city. Due to Jimmy Hill, who took them as manager up to the top flight from two divisions lower, they were miles ahead of the game regarding branding: much of the ground was painted sky blue and even the tea cups had the club's colours and emblem on it. They went up with Wolves and, if I remember rightly, avoided relegation by the skin of their teeth in their first two seasons in what was then the First Division before finishing the following season in 6th place. They spent over thirty consecutive season in that division before being relegated. And Highfield Road was the first all-seater stadium in England. And who can forget Earnie Hunt's unusual goal (and you have to wait until 34 seconds in to see what was unusual about it):
    And the Buttery

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    And the Buttery
    Buttery?

Always remember collecting those panini stickers and getting more doubles of Coventry players than any other team.