+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: £1 billion to build a football stadium

Re: £1 billion to build a football stadium

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    I was trying to be facetious, but the point still stands.
    Stephen hawking has got more chance of standing than that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Stephen hawking has got more chance of standing than that point.
    You think cash robbers are higher than card and bank fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    You think cash robbers are higher than card and bank fraud?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Discount, as in I’ll give you cash for that, if you don’t know what that means, I feel sorry for you
    Ah yes, tax evasion. Brilliant. No I don't do that, because it's the wrong thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Being relativity young still, I have always had a very bad relationship with money, always spent whatever I had, from my first part time job in school to my student loan. would spend whatever I had and survive till the next pay cheque usually borrowing of parents, always maxed out my free overdrafts too.

I feel the blame is the new con-tactless culture, where you have no emotional contact with your own cash. (and my own self-discipline)

Anyway a few months ago I started doing some deliveries for a local take-away, and it has been the first time I have dealt with cash. Is has been one of the most important life lessons I have ever had, for the first time actually counting my cash at the end of the night paying the shop their cut and paying my petrol. I sit their with my £40 profit and suddenly that small amount of money is a direct representation of my work.

I have stopped online gambling, I have stopped my casual smoking habit and I have stopped impulsive online transactions on amazon, xbox ect.
    Good for you.

Spurs have always been a huge club, they are the glamour club of the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    In Sweden, we bought our tickets using an app on our phones up front (you can big just 1 journey or as many as you want). When we saw the bus coming, we activated the ticket in the app then just showed our phone screen to the driver. Really quick.
    Nottingham have something similar

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nottingham have something similar
    Yeah and look where that got them, European Cup winners 30 odd years ago & the oldest club in football (bar Sheffield FC) fighting to stay in the league!!!!!

Certain states in the US have banned establishments from being cashless as it penalizes people for being poor or having bad credit.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Certain states in the US have banned establishments from being cashless as it penalizes people for being poor or having bad credit.
    Now that’s a good point, I would imagine that there are a few people ineligible for debit/credit cards, people who’d be even more easy prey for loan sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Now that’s a good point, I would imagine that there are a few people ineligible for debit/credit cards, people who’d be even more easy prey for loan sharks.
    It is indeed. It would get to the point whereby using cash would cast some kind of social stigma on a person.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It is a good point.
    A carrot of some sort will have to be dangled for there to be a completely cashless society.
    Buskers and beggars issued with portable cash machines?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Never even thought of that, that’s an interesting point.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It is a good point.
    A carrot of some sort will have to be dangled for there to be a completely cashless society.
    The way Americans use Venmo and Asians use Wechat there’s definitely an easy way to do small transactions between each other. How much you’d trust using them is another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The way Americans use Venmo and Asians use Wechat there’s definitely an easy way to do small transactions between each other. How much you’d trust using them is another issue.
    I use Wechat for making payments most of the time. Every retailer has a QR code here in China, even the street vendors peddling their wares. You have to enter your bank PIN before completing the transaction, I've never had any issues with it personally.

I was always happy to go with cash, however, the number of times the proprieter had to momentarily leave the premises, in search of change to give me, made me decide to set up Wechat payment instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    One where I never get stuck at a till because the f ucking card don’t work.
    Its much quicker with contactless. old people rummaging about looking for the right money takes up much more time .
    There should be an extra tax on anyone who is still using cash .....

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It is a good point.
    Perhaps we could just do a bank transfer for the poor beggars with an amount they prefer?

There are still several bars and small restaurants in NYC that are cash only. They almost always have ATMs though. I prefer to use a card, because when tax is added you pay $2.18 for a pack of gum or a bottle of water and end up with pocket full of shrapnel.

Restaurants in Germany almost all seem to be cash only, that has caught me out a few times

Almost impossible to use cash in Copenhagen, even the car boot sale vendors all had ‘Apple Pay’ .
    As for getting ‘discounts’ when paying in cash, its usually because the recipients then don’t have to pay any taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Almost impossible to use cash in Copenhagen
    Not so wonderful, wonderful then 🤪

Problem with Card payment in USA is you have to select what tip to give and sometime no option to decline tip, and one cheeky restaurant I went to had a minimum tip option at 15%

Problem with Card payment in USA is you have to select what tip to give and sometime no option to decline tip, and one cheeky restaurant I went to had a minimum tip option at 15%
    That pretty much is the minimum over there isn't it?

Yeah I don’t think you should tip less than 15% out there because of how serving staff wages work. It would be much easier if they had tax and minimum tips included in the menu because you have to pay them anyway.

😱Hardly the land of the free then!!