+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: £1 billion to build a football stadium

Re: £1 billion to build a football stadium

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Discount, as in I’ll give you cash for that, if you don’t know what that means, I feel sorry for you
    I do know what that means and I know the reason why it's a "discount". The vast majority of your purchases don't work like that.

I fee sorry for you if you think credit cards don't give discounts. You're missing out on a lot of money. Look into it

One where I never get stuck at a till because the f ucking card don’t work.
    Stop swearing.

Have you never been stuck behind someone trying to count out their change? Can you imagine what it would be like in a big city at rush hour when everyone is buying their ticket with small change? That's the world everyone else lives in.

How often are cards not working on contactless that it’s holding someone up?

It just seems like a pre conceived bias that cards are bad more than anything.

I get the tube to work every day and rarely see anyone’s card not buzz them straight through. Same on the busses.

People worried about their transactions being tracked probably shouldn’t own a smart phone if they’re that worried.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Stop swearing.

Have you never been stuck behind someone trying to count out their change? Can you imagine what it would be like in a big city at rush hour when everyone is buying their ticket with small change? That's the world everyone else lives in.
    Don’t do big cities no more, as they’re all a much of a muchness !!!

Little country Inns, for me now !!!!

You’d have been knackered at Arsenal this season, pub was CASH ONLY

Don’t do big cities no more, as they’re all a much of a muchness !!!

Little country Inns, for me now !!!!

You’d have been knackered at Arsenal this season, pub was CASH ONLY
    That's pretty much what I thought.

Why would I have been knackered?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    How often are cards not working on contactless that it’s holding someone up?

It just seems like a pre conceived bias that cards are bad more than anything.

I get the tube to work every day and rarely see anyone’s card not buzz them straight through. Same on the busses.

People worried about their transactions being tracked probably shouldn’t own a smart phone if they’re that worried.
    The main reason cards don't work in the underground is because some berk has it in a wallet that is too thick to scan.

The main reason cards don't work in the underground is because some berk has it in a wallet that is too thick to scan.

Got to be cash every time for me, you just know where you are, once it’s spent you’re done. With a card there’s no brakes. Also the rigmarole & panic you go through if you lose a card, cancelling, worried someone else is using it, especially with this contactless lark, and you’ve got no way of paying for anything because your card’s gone. You lose a tenner and it’s San Fairy Ann. Cards are ok as back up for me but cash rules every time.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Got to be cash every time for me, you just know where you are, once it’s spent you’re done. With a card there’s no brakes. Also the rigmarole & panic you go through if you lose a card, cancelling, worried someone else is using it, especially with this contactless lark, and you’ve got no way of paying for anything because your card’s gone. You lose a tenner and it’s San Fairy Ann. Cards are ok as back up for me but cash rules every time.
    We’re fighting a losing battle here Steve, we won’t convince the plastics

They loves paying their V A T , they do

C

First one, is it bollocks quicker!!!!!! Been behind loads of people when the f ucking card don’t work

As for London transport, we had a man & wife get on a bus and he couldn’t pay for her with his card!!!!!! F ucking joke
    Buses definitely fill up quicker since they went cash free in London, there's even usually more than one door to enter to tap in Vs one driver to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Buses definitely fill up quicker since they went cash free in London, there's even usually more than one door to enter to tap in Vs one driver to pay
    Yeah but bluetit pays cash on the bus and saves the vat

E
    Not all life revolves around The Smoke !!!!!!

No it’s not quicker !

Yeah but bluetit pays cash on the bus and saves the vat
    I got a Pensioner’s Pass “I’M FREE”

E

Not all life revolves around The Smoke !!!!!!

No it’s not quicker !
    Except it definitely is quicker

Except it definitely is quicker
    No it’s not

Nothing to do with vanity, it is all about income. Spurs and West ham will massively increase their incomes with these moves and that will help them to compete at a higher level than they currently do. Do you really think that David Levy, is the kind of person who would waste £1bn on a vanity project?
    Spurs new stadium looks amazing, crowd are right up close to the pitch and it seems to keep a great atmosphere in.
    Perhaps he is not as wealthy as his brother Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Perhaps he is not as wealthy as his brother Daniel
    That's the one.

That's the one.

By the way, I agree with OM.
    Cash every time for me. When it's gone it's gone.

I got a Pensioner’s Pass “I’M FREE”
    And you have some sort of card?

Discount, as in I’ll give you cash for that, if you don’t know what that means, I feel sorry for you
    Also using card drives the price up, all merchants are charged for each card transaction so they put that price back to the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

As regards cloning: if someone does that I get refunded. If someone steals my cash I do not. And if I’m a business, theives can break in and steal my cash but not my credit card receipts.
    Somebody can access my bank account withdraw all my money, banks says i am at fault and liable (i worked for years in Lloyds and Citibank, happens more times than you'd care to imagine). Can't if i have my cash in my safe in my office

And you have some sort of card?
    Ah, I know your type, never puts £1 on the jukebox

In Sweden, we bought our tickets using an app on our phones up front (you can big just 1 journey or as many as you want). When we saw the bus coming, we activated the ticket in the app then just showed our phone screen to the driver. Really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Somebody can access my bank account withdraw all my money, banks says i am at fault and liable (i worked for years in Lloyds and Citibank, happens more times than you'd care to imagine). Can't if i have my cash in my safe in my office
    Very true, nothing has ever been stolen from a safe.

Very true, nothing has ever been stolen from a safe.
    I was trying to be facetious, but the point still stands.