+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: £1 billion to build a football stadium

Re: £1 billion to build a football stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Yeah I don’t think you should tip less than 15% out there because of how serving staff wages work. It would be much easier if they had tax and minimum tips included in the menu because you have to pay them anyway.
    I hate that system

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I hate that system
    It’s ridiculous just show me the actual price

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It’s ridiculous just show me the actual price
    Exactly, put the price on the menu, pay the staff a decent wage and leave the tipping up to the punters discretion who can make his own mind up & tip or not tip accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

By the way, I agree with OM.
    Cash every time for me. When it's gone it's gone.
    Governments rule because of the tacit consent of their citizenry, or the great majority of them. People the world over get the governments, laws, rules and regulations they allow and therefore deserve. The generation that allows a cashless society will lumber their progeny with those same monetary chains and all future generations will suffer the same fate. Private, unelected, ultra rich and powerful bankers already produce over 97% of the UK money supply, just 2.5% of the money supply is government issued notes and coins. The 97% is created from nothing as loans with interest applied by those parasites who grow fat by leeching off of everyone else by collecting interest on money they have a licence to magic into existence as debt.

As stated, we are already 97% cashless. They are determined to get to 100% and will succeed because most people will be seduced by the convenience of plastic, along with their own indolence, and a remarkable faith in government.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Governments rule because of the tacit consent of their citizenry, or the great majority of them. People the world over get the governments, laws, rules and regulations they allow and therefore deserve. The generation that allows a cashless society will lumber their progeny with those same monetary chains and all future generations will suffer the same fate. Private, unelected, ultra rich and powerful bankers already produce over 97% of the UK money supply, just 2.5% of the money supply is government issued notes and coins. The 97% is created from nothing as loans with interest applied by those parasites who grow fat by leeching off of everyone else by collecting interest on money they have a licence to magic into existence as debt.

As stated, we are already 97% cashless. They are determined to get to 100% and will succeed because most people will be seduced by the convenience of plastic, along with their own indolence, and a remarkable faith in government.
    Zzzzz

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I got a Pensioner’s Pass “I’M FREE”
    I got one for welsh buses, and another one for English buses and all trains in London, both over and under ground. anywhere that there is an oyster terminal i can use it. and it gives me discount on main line trains out of London. I can travel from my station of origin to the outer edge of zone 6 free before I have to start paying, which is then discounted with my old codgers rail card.
    Its a hard life!!

International

Zzzzz
    But when you are out on a session with your mates you can only tap with a card 5 times then you have to start sticking it in the machine and hitting the buttons, that is when things slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But when you are out on a session with your mates you can only tap with a card 5 times then you have to start sticking it in the machine and hitting the buttons, that is when things slow down.
    Don't you buy rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ah, I know your type, never puts £1 on the jukebox

No idea what this means.

Very impressive this evening, it should help them in the transfer market having a stadium like this.

That pretty much is the minimum over there isn't it?
    22% recommended in disney world now, with another recommendation of 25%

In a NY diner, after breakfast, our check came to $63, gave the server 2 X $50 notes and she never returned, she came back and asked " Oh did you want change ? " , yes i replied, i took the $20 note and left her with $17 which i thought was enough, she didnt look happy

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    22% recommended in disney world now, with another recommendation of 25%

In a NY diner, after breakfast, our check came to $63, gave the server 2 X $50 notes and she never returned, she came back and asked " Oh did you want change ? " , yes i replied, i took the $20 note and left her with $17 which i thought was enough, she didnt look happy
    With all of the things the US is great at, it is easy to forget that it is years behind western Europe and the rest of the developed world in many respects. Tipping is one of them. In restaurants everyone knows you need to tip far more in the us than you do almost (absolutely?) everywhere else. I cannot fathom why the percentage increases over time either. "Inflation" is often given as an answer, but that doesn't stand up to even the most basic scrutiny. But OK - mentally it's not that hard to work out 20% in your head and go from there. And if you pay by card the machine generally prompts you to tip something like 15% for OK service; 20% for good service and 25% for great service or whatever. Fine - I can live with that too and at least it is easy. But the emphasis on "earning a tip" creates some of the uncomfortable "service" I have ever received. So you end up paying more for a poorer service - everyone loses. And not paying your employees for the work they do is just unacceptable, in particular when skin colour or gender has an impact on how much you earn from tips.

I hate it, but go along with it in the states (especially as I'm usually on business expenses) it is particularly galling though when you're abroad somewhere else where they get a lot of American tourists and they start to expect it there as well