+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "Several players believe Neil Warnock will leave at the end of this campaign "

"Several players believe Neil Warnock will leave at the end of this campaign "

Re: "Several players believe Neil Warnock will leave at the end of this campaign "

I would guess that he will go if we get relegated and, if we stay up, he will go with his reputation enhanced and a hefty bonus. That would leave the question of succession. Blackwell, the cheap option ? Hope not.

Re: "Several players believe Neil Warnock will leave at the end of this campaign "

Tan and Warnock have been the best thing to happen to this club since the Eddie May days. Whatever he decides to do will be alright with me. Having said that I do hope he stays on for either another crack at staying up or a promotion campaign.

No Big news there, its not as if most of us don't expected this anyway. I'd be more suprised if he did stay.

Who can blame him after the season he's had, especially after the Sala incident ....... I believe no matter what happens this season it is his swansong.

Best of luck to the man ...... Let him enjoy his retirement whilst he still can ...... He's gonna make a great TV pundit

What he's said, publicly or privately, after the being "kicked in the teeth" so many times this year, will have no bearing on how he feels, and therefore what he does, at the end of the season.

According to this, he wants to stay -
    Neil Warnock sets record straight over his Cardiff City future

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...wsApp_AppShare

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    What he's said, publicly or privately, after the being "kicked in the teeth" so many times this year, will have no bearing on how he feels, and therefore what he does, at the end of the season.
    I reckon he’s had a gutsfull of the premier league, if we stay up he’d retire and move along, if we go down he might fancy the challenge again and step down if we made it again. I don’t blame him, what a season, bent officials, very dodgy agents, like he said he thought he’d seen it all....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I reckon he’s had a gutsfull of the premier league, if we stay up he’d retire and move along, if we go down he might fancy the challenge again and step down if we made it again. I don’t blame him, what a season, bent officials, very dodgy agents, like he said he thought he’d seen it all....
    If I was him and the bigwigs at the premier FINED me , for the comments after the Chelski game, I’d say “f uck you I’m packing in, go and take a running jump for your money”

Cracking fella and fits in with Cardiff City and it’s fans . Made for each other

I think he'll retire if we stay up, and might be tempted to stay on for another promotion if we go down

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I think he'll retire if we stay up, and might be tempted to stay on for another promotion if we go down
    I think this is the right option for him, the club and the fans.

More cash and the option to change our style with new players and manager if we stay up

Best option I can think of to get us promoted from the Championship and if that happens more cash for a new manager per my first point.

The only way his legacy will be tarnished is if we do a Stoke. I think the boo boys will be out early if that looks like being the case

If he decides to call it a day, I would like him to stay on in another capacity, some kind of advisor to the board or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    If he decides to call it a day, I would like him to stay on in another capacity, some kind of advisor to the board or something.
    Press or Public Relations Officer

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Press or Public Relations Officer
    Match Officials Liaison Officer

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Match Officials Liaison Officer
    Brexit representative

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

If we are relegated I think there will be interest in Etheridge, Manga and Bennett. Gunnars and Arter will be gone. Camarasa won’t stay.
    Hopefully Niasse won’t either. Hoilett and Murphy might fancy a change of club and Bamba???
    If we stay up all but Gunners and Niasse might stay.

As for the rest. Regardless of staying up or not Connolly, Damour, Healy, Richards, Cunningham, Harris, O’ Keeffe will go.
    If we stay up Ward and NML might also be surplus to requirements.
    If we do stay up. Zohore, Bacuna and De Cordova Reid will need to show something not seen this season.
    In summary big changes ahead.

I hope he stays and I wish we had employed him sooner.

Give him a job as a VAR official - there'll be a penalty awarded after each corner (and few would dispute his decisions)

From the interview I seen with him last week he didn’t seem to want to let football go

He'll go if we stay up, and stay if we don't.

If we are relegated this season his last act as a manager will be to to win his 9th promotion.

Would Moyes be a good fit, when you consider we are not going to attract a superstar type Manager, and Bellers is (speeding) well into the distance ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Give him a job as a VAR official - there'll be a penalty awarded after each corner (and few would dispute his decisions)
    I've been thinking about this. VAR is certainly going to change the "marking" at corners. Otherwise there literally would be a penalty awarded after EVERY corner.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Would Moyes be a good fit, when you consider we are not going to attract a superstar type Manager, and Bellers is (speeding) well into the distance ?
    No