+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff v Palace moved for TV

Cardiff v Palace moved for TV

Kick off change: Cardiff City v Crystal Palace - Saturday May 4th 2019 - Ko 5:30pm. Live on BT Sport

Re: Cardiff v Palace moved for TV

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Kick off change: Cardiff City v Crystal Palace - Saturday May 4th 2019 - Ko 5:30pm. Live on BT Sport
    This is definitely one thing I won't miss when we're regulated! What's wrong with 3pm kick offs?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    This is definitely one thing I won't miss when we're regulated! What's wrong with 3pm kick offs?
    Nothing, just less money for the club.

I guess 5:30 pm does provide some extra consumption benefits , and increased crowd atmospheres.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    We had more games moved last season than this.

FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    FFS.
    I agree. Means yet another game my lad will have to miss because he's working.

We could conceivably be looking to win this game to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous Angel View Post
    By chance, this one actually works out slightly better for me, but really frustrating for those who are screwed by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    We had more games moved last season than this.
    I make it that eight out of our forty six matches last season were moved and this one makes ten out of thirty eight games having been moved this season.

There's a good chance we'll already be relegated when the Palace game is played, so I don't get why it's been picked for live coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I make it that eight out of our forty six matches last season were moved and this one makes ten out of thirty eight games having been moved this season.

There's a good chance we'll already be relegated when the Palace game is played, so I don't get why it's been picked for live coverage.
    I thought Arsenal v Brighton would have been a better choice, with Arsenal potentially securing a top 4 place and Brighton securing survival.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I agree. Means yet another game my lad will have to miss because he's working.
    well let him get out of the chimney and go to the game with his dad, you mean bugger!!

How many of our games have been open TV this season? One away game v Man City, but we must have had loads at home shown. Newcastle, Arsenal, Burnley, Brighton, Wolves, Man City , Man U., Chelsea so far I think, plus a couple I may have missed. That's 8 with two more to go. So more than half of our home games on TV. But juts the one away.

tpcnw

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    How many of our games have been open TV this season? One away game v Man City, but we must have had loads at home shown. Newcastle, Arsenal, Burnley, Brighton, Wolves, Man City , Man U., Chelsea so far I think, plus a couple I may have missed. That's 8 with two more to go. So more than half of our home games on TV. But juts the one away.
    Nine at home so far. You missed Tottenham and Bournemouth. Man City at home was not televised.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I thought Arsenal v Brighton would have been a better choice, with Arsenal potentially securing a top 4 place and Brighton securing survival.
    I agree. Quite possible it could be a meaningless game. We could be down by then and they will be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by tpcnw View Post
    Nine at home so far. You missed Tottenham and Bournemouth. Man City at home was not televised.
    That's a million quid in the coffers I think. Not to be sneezed at, but it really cocks up my Saturday night, not getting home until ~10.30 so no usual Saturday night meal out with the missus. More earache!

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I thought that too. seems a bit premature and may be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I thought that too. seems a bit premature and may be pointless.
    Unless Man City win the League that day, (which is on TV anyway) there's not much else going on. So worth a punt.