+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bellamy.

Bellamy.

Re: Bellamy.

I find it strange that a Cardiff colleague is heading the investigation, if I was a family member I wouldn't be happy with that.

The Mail is really on a mission with this story.

So much effort to say so little.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

It reads as if they didn't even approach City for a comment - seems to me the time for the FA to get involved is if and when they think the club investigation turns out to be a whitewash.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

He’s definitely upset them

International

I was struck with the FA saying that the allegation doesn't meet their criterion for investigation. Perhaps they see it as a father getting ansty because his boy, who he always told was a wonder footballer was suddenly told the truth and didn't like it.
    I'm not sure if the Mail is trying to get at us or the FA.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I was struck with the FA saying that the allegation doesn't meet their criterion for investigation. Perhaps they see it as a father getting ansty because his boy, who he always told was a wonder footballer was suddenly told the truth and didn't like it.
    I'm not sure if the Mail is trying to get at us or the FA.
    I agree

The Daily Mail went completely overboard when he didn’t sing GSTQ when he played for Team GB at the Olympics. None of the Welsh players did but they really had a go at Bellamy in particular. This is the paper that supported the British Union of Fascists, perhaps we shouldn’t be too surprised at the bile it likes to spout.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    The Daily Mail went completely overboard when he didn’t sing GSTQ when he played for Team GB at the Olympics. None of the Welsh players did but they really had a go at Bellamy in particular. This is the paper that supported the British Union of Fascists, perhaps we shouldn’t be too surprised at the bile it likes to spout.
    Indeed and its 9.9m daily readers , worrying times Its just behind the Sun with 10 million , if the Metro wasn't free those two numbers would be greatly inflated ,mostly read by the working class strangely

He pissed them off when he said the press were partly to blame for racist attitudes, trying to get back at him

Its pathetic

International

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    Are you absolutely sure The daily Mail supports the British Union of fascists????? Really???? Really truly???

Or is it perchance just an alleged support?

Are you absolutely sure The daily Mail supports the British Union of fascists????? Really???? Really truly???

Article in January 1934 praising Oswald Mosley and giving instructions on how to join the British Union of Fascists

It’s not nicknamed the Daily Heil for nothing!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Article in January 1934 praising Oswald Mosley and giving instructions on how to join the British Union of Fascists
    LMFA 1934.

LMFA 1934.
    Well it could hardly be from last week seeing as the British Union of Fascists dissolved in 1940

And yes, 1934. The year after the Nazi Party came into power in Germany

Well it could hardly be from last week seeing as the British Union of Fascists dissolved in 1940

And yes, 1934. The year after the Nazi Party came into power in Germany
    Toggs said "this is a paper that supported the British union of fascists".

You challenged him on that. Fair enough. Surely now you can see what he said was 100% true though.

I think it is a matter for the club to investigate with the FA keeping an eye on proceedings and looking at the evidence presented in order to step in if they don't think that the investigation has been carried out thoroughly. The daily Mail is everything that has already been said in this thread although i wonder what the response would've been if article had been about willie Mckay or the pilot who died with Sala and the main focus on their character and business dealings without quote or evidence, i'm not so sure certain posters in this thread would've brought up the fact that the Mail were mates with Mosely or simply had a vendetta against that person(Bellamy) I'm sure that an article like that would've been given a little more credence even under the same circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Toggs said "this is a paper that supported the British union of fascists".

You challenged him on that. Fair enough. Surely now you can see what he said was 100% true though.
    I'm agreeing with Toggs, I gave evidence to back up his claim

LMFA 1934.
    Wouldn’t read the rag but from what I gather it still has fascist tendencies. I’ve gathered this from this message board through links posted.

I'm agreeing with Toggs, I gave evidence to back up his claim
    Yes. Meant to reply to xsnaggle person

International

Fair comment folks. I miss read "supported" as present tense.
    Orthopaedic shoes.!!!!

Fair comment folks. I miss read "supported" as present tense.
    Orthopaedic shoes.!!!!
    Do you think they’ve veered away much from their 1930’s stance?

They made the case for hitler and Mussolini long after the war started too. How can anyone say the mail has never had facist leanings.

It’s not like Paul Darce was a centrist either.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Indeed and its 9.9m daily readers , worrying times Its just behind the Sun with 10 million , if the Metro wasn't free those two numbers would be greatly inflated ,mostly read by the working class strangely
    Almost 20 million people read those rags, no wonder this country is in a state.....

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Do you think they’ve veered away much from their 1930’s stance?
    I think Fascism as a concept is now widely regarded as non-supportable in the main stream. Whether certain individuals (whether in place of influence or not) still hold fascist views is another matter about which I know little.