+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: QPR’ s away kit colour !!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!

QPR’ s away kit colour !!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!

Just turned on the television, what possessed them to have purple as a shirt colour

Worse than PINK

International

Re: QPR’ s away kit colour !!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!

The socks are pink though aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The socks are pink though aren't they?
    Look the same colour as the shirts on our television

They're professional footballers and aren't supposed to be concerned about what colour their kit is, but even they must felt like tw*ts running out wearing purple ...

Chelsea's kit was 'orrble last week I think.

There's something in the psychology of why kit patterns and colours are chosen. Garish and contrasting colours can be distracting to the opposition, and can help win fouls. Imagine trying to time a tackle a player wearing bright yellow socks is doing step overs and all sorts?

I can't remember which, but either Man United or Liverpool only started wearing red fairly recently (living memory) because it's often seen subconsciously as an intimidating colour. The British Army wore red in Victorian times for the same reason. It's also a similar theme for black i.e NZ All Blacks.

I imagine Brighton's green kit causes a few problems for both them and opposition actually because it blends in to the turf which could make it hard to pick out a long pass. It's a nice kit though and one of my favourites this season.

[QUOTE=B. Oddie;4964527]

I can't remember which, but either Man United or Liverpool only started wearing red fairly recently (living memory)

Man U started wearing red in 1902, Liverpool in 1896.....I congratulate you on being the oldest living City fan😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

[QUOTE=splott parker;4964545]
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

I can't remember which, but either Man United or Liverpool only started wearing red fairly recently (living memory)

Man U started wearing red in 1902, Liverpool in 1896.....I congratulate you on being the oldest living City fan😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Maybe we should start wearing red to intimidate the opposition

International

Man U started wearing red in 1902, Liverpool in 1896.....I congratulate you on being the oldest living City fan������������������
    Leeds did change to white though.

International

[QUOTE=The Bloop;4964566]
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

Maybe we should start wearing red to intimidate the opposition
    Good luck with that.

There's something in the psychology of why kit patterns and colours are chosen. Garish and contrasting colours can be distracting to the opposition, and can help win fouls. Imagine trying to time a tackle a player wearing bright yellow socks is doing step overs and all sorts?

I can't remember which, but either Man United or Liverpool only started wearing red fairly recently (living memory) because it's often seen subconsciously as an intimidating colour. The British Army wore red in Victorian times for the same reason. It's also a similar theme for black i.e NZ All Blacks.

I imagine Brighton's green kit causes a few problems for both them and opposition actually because it blends in to the turf which could make it hard to pick out a long pass. It's a nice kit though and one of my favourites this season.
    There is indeed. Take this nice little pink number modeled by Stade Francais players...

img2.thejournal.ie.jpg

...an even better example, from the same rugby club...

images.jpg

Are you thinking about Leeds wanting to be like Real Madrid ?

Ive got the pink Stade rugby shirt with the girl on the front [I won it, didn't buy it - lol].

Not as bad as the brown one from a few years ago

Man U started wearing red in 1902, Liverpool in 1896.....I congratulate you on being the oldest living City fan������������������
    It was Bill Shankly who had Liverpool wearing an all red kit in 1964/65.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    ...an even better example, from the same rugby club...

images.jpg

Oooooh so French , and manly.