+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glamorgan start off well!!

Glamorgan start off well!!

109-7 against the students. Might be a bit damp but seeing as Somerset just beat the Cardiff UCCE by 500 odd runs not looking good for Glamorgan again!

Re: Glamorgan start off well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    109-7 against the students. Might be a bit damp but seeing as Somerset just beat the Cardiff UCCE by 500 odd runs not looking good for Glamorgan again!
    A debut hundred for Billy Root and a fifty for Graham Wagg enabled Glamorgan to reach a semi respectable 253-8 declared, but with Cardiff UCCE 56-3 (Kiran Carlson 25 not out), the students don't look like they are going to collapse in the manner needed for Glamorgan to get a win in the single remaining day of the match - given the way the top order failed in all too familiar fashion, they would probably opt for more batting practice anyway even if they were to skittle their opponents out quickly this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A debut hundred for Billy Root and a fifty for Graham Wagg enabled Glamorgan to reach a semi respectable 253-8 declared, but with Cardiff UCCE 56-3 (Kiran Carlson 25 not out), the students don't look like they are going to collapse in the manner needed for Glamorgan to get a win in the single remaining day of the match - given the way the top order failed in all too familiar fashion, they would probably opt for more batting practice anyway even if they were to skittle their opponents out quickly this morning.
    Before the first game of the season - bit like the City - normally feel super optimistic. It is very hard to feel any optimism with the County at the moment. Let's hope I'm wrong - but I'm still scratching my head over the Donald mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Before the first game of the season - bit like the City - normally feel super optimistic. It is very hard to feel any optimism with the County at the moment. Let's hope I'm wrong - but I'm still scratching my head over the Donald mess.
    I suppose the don't read anything into pre season friendlies line applies as much to cricket as it does to football, but three trouncings off Gloucestershire in one day matches and a pretty even draw against a Cardiff MCCU side that Somerset beat by 568 runs are hardly grounds for optimism are they.

I had no optimism before the start of the season.

Its going to be a long hard season if your a ST holder.

Afraid your right. Need to hope that the bash or 50 overs brings some wins. How can you win county games when top 6 crumble. Although maybe Cooke as captain could surprise.....