+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: BOURNEMOUTH 1 - 3 BURNLEY

Re: BOURNEMOUTH v BURNLEY

1 - 3

Forget Burnley

Begovic!!!! Having a mare. 3-1 and I hate to say it but Burnley have been excellent.

We got to focus on Brighton now.

beat burnley and Brighton..2 points behind burnley and they have a hard last 4 games

Is Lerma the player we were after in the summer? He doesn't look much for the fee they paid for him.

I think we need to win both of those games to put ourselves in with a chance. Brighton have a tough run in as well

If we did lose at Burnley we have to hope Brighton also lose (home to Bournemouth) and then we'd have to beat Brighton to have a half chance

We'll know by 9.45pm on Tuesday week if we still have a dog in the fight

What the ****ing ****?

The danger is now that Burnley and Brighton will be looking at just one home win against us to pretty much avoid relegation. Could be a huge gap before we play Liverpool, and to think we are still 4 points off our 2014 total when we finished bottom. Shows how the standard has been much lower this season and a few teams will be breathing a sigh of relief at how easy it will be to avoid relegation this season

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    We got to focus on Brighton now.
    Desperation.....freak results always happen. Spurs los8ng to saints and Burnley. I still remember Sunderland beating Chelsea at the bridge last time, completely out if the blue, dint think Chelsea had lost for over a year at home. We have a great chsmpionship squad so promotion should be a walk in the park

We are more likely to lose at Burnley and Brighton than win. And then it will be all over.

A week ago we were hoping Burnely would lose and we could miraculously beat Chelsea, that would have put us a point ahead of Burnley, but now if we lose to them next week we will be 11 points behind them. It's been a brutal week for us.

Brighton now our only target!

Re: FT: BOURNEMOUTH 1 - 3 BURNLEY

I think that is us relegated. Brighton and Southampton have home games against Bournemouth coming up, who are basically a gimme at the moment.

We were always relying on the teams above us dropping a lot of points after we lost to Watford, Everton and Wolves, but it looks like that isn't going to happen.

Hopefully the 8 point gap will make them take their foot off the gas when we play them

Like I said earlier in week our season is over and we can start preparing for the championship now. How anyone can seriously believe we can win another 4 games is beyond me.

A good finish to the season for us would be 10 points from our remaining games. This means, due to our poor goal difference, Brighton have 7 games to pick up just 5 points and Southampton have 6 games to do the same.

It's looking like they've all been able to pick up crucial wins at the right time whereas we haven't. All about creating records now, 11 plus wins has not been relegated from premier league, and hoping something extraordinary happens elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Like I said earlier in week our season is over and we can start preparing for the championship now. How anyone can seriously believe we can win another 4 games is beyond me.
    It would be quite a feat but not impossible.
    However I think you’re right.
    I’ll look back at this season and think the Burnley and Chelsea home games were the ones that really damaged us.
    However, we are where we are for a reason.

Brighton are home to Bournmouth next week. And after watching a stream of today's game, I can't see anything other than a Brighton win next week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    It would be quite a feat but not impossible.
    However I think you’re right.
    I’ll look back at this season and think the Burnley and Chelsea home games were the ones that really damaged us.
    However, we are where we are for a reason.
    Huddersfield away and home 4 points dropped
    Newcastle at-home 2 points dropped
    Burnley at home 3 points dropped

These are the games that have really cost us this season

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Huddersfield away and home 4 points dropped
    Newcastle at-home 2 points dropped
    Burnley at home 3 points dropped

These are the games that have really cost us this season
    I thought Huddersfield played us off the park at our place, if anything it was a point gained.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I thought Huddersfield played us off the park at our place, if anything it was a point gained.
    Yes but we should've been targeting 3 points from this game

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Yes but we should've been targeting 3 points from this game
    Should be targeting 3 points from every game really, the Chelsea game proved that, shouldn’t be chucking the towel in before a ball’s kicked and as it turned the bloody Huddersfield games proved more valuable.

We should have spent another £25 million. Plain and simple. We were always 2 or 3 players short. Our preparation for this season was was ****ing pathetic.

If we can potentially still send Brighton down when Palace visit for our penultimate game it will be an interesting twist.

Just seen the Burnley goals on MOTD.

3 gifts from Bournemouth.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We should have spent another £25 million. Plain and simple. We were always 2 or 3 players short. Our preparation for this season was was ****ing pathetic.
    We were just so naïve with our preparation going into this season.