+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shreds- podcast on lynette white murder

Shreds- podcast on lynette white murder

Anyone heard it? Had a lot of good reviews for those of you into true crime/local history.

Re: Shreds- podcast on lynette white murder

how and where can I listen ?

I,ve read loads on this case especially as I used to know her from school being in the same class

remember used to help her with her homework in form 3 !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

I,ve read loads on this case especially as I used to know her from school being in the same class

Wasn’t it the most expensive murder case ever in its time or something? Mental to think the plod just decided to take out 5 innocent blokes they didn’t like and frame them. How brazen are they to think they can get away with that sh*t? Makes you wonder how many times it’s been done before......

that's true goats just look at the Birmingham pub bombings from 1974 which has featured heavily on the news this week

police and CPS are people we are supposed to look up to but sometimes when reading the wrong doings of these people makes you wonder how many innocent people have been banged up over the years

that's true goats just look at the Birmingham pub bombings from 1974 which has featured heavily on the news this week

police and CPS are people we are supposed to look up to but sometimes when reading the wrong doings of these people makes you wonder how many innocent people have been banged up over the years
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...=1000430311245

Or on bbc iplayer radio (bbc sounds now)

Be prepared- its gripping!

And most annoying the 'bent' tossers got away with not even a rap on the knuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    And most annoying the 'bent' tossers got away with not even a rap on the knuckles.
    The police practices described indeed are absolutely shocking.

can't seem to open on my device shame

I listen to the podcast on my iphone. Its decent to be honest. Shocking what those men went through.

Although if I was going to be critical - particularly in the earlier episodes - its how much they glamorise the Docks (as they were back then). I dont think ive spoken to anyone who didnt think that it was a complete sh!te hole back in the early 80's.

That is shocking, such disregard for the innocent lives they wrecked, we all know they were no angels but framing them takes the piss big time. not to mention letting a total loon, they guy who did murder her stay free for many years after roaming the streets. Call that upholding the law.....

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    I listen to the podcast on my iphone. Its decent to be honest. Shocking what those men went through.

Although if I was going to be critical - particularly in the earlier episodes - its how much they glamorise the Docks (as they were back then). I dont think ive spoken to anyone who didnt think that it was a complete sh!te hole back in the early 80's.

It was very dodgy and edgy back in the 80’s.

I spent a lot of time down the docks in the 70s and 80s. On official business is might add. Never had the slightest problem and I met all sorts.
    More danger down there now I reckon.

I went to school with a lad who was gay.
    Back then he didn't go around telling everyone we just knew.
    I made friends with him on Facebook a few years back and he is now a drag act.
    Anyway back in the 80s there wasn't many places that gay people could go but they drank in the big winsor and he
    told me they were pretty much accepted in there.
    On the night of the murder he and his friends witnessed the killer coming into the bar covered in blood he told the landlord he had knocked down a dog and could he use the toilet to clean himself up.
    My friend went to the police with this information and was told we already have our killers.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It was very dodgy and edgy back in the 80’s.
    I spent a lot of time down the docks in the 70s and 80s. On official business is might add. Never had the slightest problem and I met all sorts.
    Same here, had many a night out down there and never had a problem.

Can’t remember the name of the club, it was at the end of a short alley, but we used to go there some Sunday lunchtimes, as they had strippers (not the paint type)

Great times

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I went to school with a lad who was gay.
    Back then he didn't go around telling everyone we just knew.
    I made friends with him on Facebook a few years back and he is now a drag act.
    Anyway back in the 80s there wasn't many places that gay people could go but they drank in the big winsor and he
    told me they were pretty much accepted in there.
    On the night of the murder he and his friends witnessed the killer coming into the bar covered in blood he told the landlord he had knocked down a dog and could he use the toilet to clean himself up.
    My friend went to the police with this information and was told we already have our killers.
    Wish I had a tenner for every time I’ve heard this story, not saying it’s not true, but half the taxi drivers who don’t watch the City because they sold Toshack, must have been in there

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Same here, had many a night out down there and never had a problem.

Can’t remember the name of the club, it was at the end of a short alley, but we used to go there some Sunday lunchtimes, as they had strippers (not the paint type)

Great times
    The Village Gate, Friday lunchtimes

The docks was buzzing in the 80's with bands playing regularly in the Exchange, Big Windsor, Dowlais and Cassablanca.

Concur with the view of it being worse nowadays. People used to look up to the police back then is it any wonder people have little respect for the law after that disgusting episode.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

The docks was buzzing in the 80's with bands playing regularly in the Exchange, Big Windsor, Dowlais and Cassablanca.

Concur with the view of it being worse nowadays. People used to look up to the police back then is it any wonder people have little respect for the law after that disgusting episode.
    Can't remember that club at all. Where was it precisely?

Cassblanca is a big part of this story in first couple of episodes at least.

Can't remember that club at all. Where was it precisely?
    If you were entering the alley from West Bute street (the street where the Dowlais was and The Point) you'd go to the end of the alley and turn right at Bute street. There was a little sandwich bar on this corner and the VG was the next entrance along upstairs.
    It has has a few names over the years but I remember it as the village gate when the girls of exotic dance performed.

They were trying to get customers in at the time and used the girls as a marketing ploy. Free entrance but they'd make their money over the bar. Us "youngsters" would just pop in and sit there goggle eyed with halves o' lager. 'appy days

Wish I had a tenner for every time I’ve heard this story, not saying it’s not true, but half the taxi drivers who don’t watch the City because they sold Toshack, must have been in there
    Indeed. Doesn't fit as it took them 10 months to make up the theory they eventually settled on.

If you were entering the alley from West Bute street (the street where the Dowlais was and The Point) you'd go to the end of the alley and turn right at Bute street. There was a little sandwich bar on this corner and the VG was the next entrance along upstairs.
    It has has a few names over the years but I remember it as the village gate when the girls of exotic dance performed.

They were trying to get customers in at the time and used the girls as a marketing ploy. Free entrance but they'd make their money over the bar. Us "youngsters" would just pop in and sit there goggle eyed with halves o' lager. 'appy days
    Thanks. Never darkened their doors, unfortunately.
    😎

It’s def worse now, loose units all over partic in the Sally Army at the top of Bute Street. I had a flat down in the wharf in 1990 odd and even walking into town past Bute Street and the custom house was lively, coming back in the early hours anything could happen.
    Hookers, pimps, getting mugged....quite normal by the custom house.....

I don't think my friend is a liar why would he need to make a story about that night and tell me nearly 30 years after the event?

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I don't think my friend is a liar why would he need to make a story about that night and tell me nearly 30 years after the event?
    It’s not surprising, your story, the police wouldn’t have cared as it didn’t suit the agenda of the time, which was to take JA off the streets forever and a few other petty crims.