+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did we get promoted, a season too early ??????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Did we get promoted, a season too early ??????

No, it is never too early for promotion. You take promotion when it comes. You cant guarentee it the next but one season. The reason for our predicament and probable relegation is a lack of investment in players of PL quality. That has been our position since last summer.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    No, it is never too early for promotion. You take promotion when it comes. You cant guarentee it the next but one season. The reason for our predicament and probable relegation is a lack of investment in players of PL quality. That has been our position since last summer.

StT.
    <><
    Agreed it’s never to early for promotion but our recruitment has been disastrous,it’s a good job we didn’t spent 100m like Fulham!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Agreed it’s never to early for promotion but our recruitment has been disastrous,it’s a good job we didn’t spent 100m like Fulham!
    I don't think it has been that bad. Reid and Murphy should both be good, and many of the other players we have been linked with would have been good if they had come off

Clyne
    Lerma
    Adrien tameze

I'm sure Warnock mentioned being interested in mitrovic and traore as well.
    Not forgetting Sala who looked like he would have been good.

Loans wise, arter and camarasa have both been great and niasse has been ok.

Bacuna and Cunningham I suppose haven't lived up to the fees paid but we seem to be mostly targeting the right players recently

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't think it has been that bad. Reid and Murphy should both be good, and many of the other players we have been linked with would have been good if they had come off

Clyne
    Lerma
    Adrien tameze

I'm sure Warnock mentioned being interested in mitrovic and traore as well.
    Not forgetting Sala who looked like he would have been good.

Loans wise, arter and camarasa have both been great and niasse has been ok.

Bacuna and Cunningham I suppose haven't lived up to the fees paid but we seem to be mostly targeting the right players recently
    Arter and Camarasa have been very good additions but the permanent recruitment has been average (taking into account Sala, obviously). Josh Murphy has done well but Reid has been criminally underused; he doesn't fit in to the Warnock way, much like Tomlin. Cunningham has been a bit-part player, we've hardly seen Bacuna and although hindsight is a great thing, could the £4m on Smithies have been better spent?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Ahhhh ... Fulham.

Their problem last season was their attack papered over a barely adequate Championship defence. After going up a division, not addressing that weakness and buying attacking players, they were always going to be found out. It's no surprise that they were relegated.

StT.
    <><