+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did we get promoted, a season too early ??????

Re: Did we get promoted, a season too early ??????

Comparing:
    Josh Murphy - 11m
    Bobby Reid - 10m

to

Gerard Deulofeu - 13m
    David Brooks - 11.5m

That's a tough one to take, lol.

Warnock has created the most wonderful feelgood factor after the club disenfranchised a lot of the fanbase. Such is the positivity at the moment that the team will be continue to be cheered on even when/if relegated. This season should never be regretted and the journey has been quite magical.
    For me, the first promotion didn't count as it was under the guise of the rebrand, last season's promotion was special and we have done well to avoid the drop for such a long time and I hope that the next time we will aspire to play a quality of football that has a fighting chance of staying in the Premier League.
    It's all a journey....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think for a club that operates like we do, i.e. lower end Premier League and mid table Championship spenders, the contribution to our Premier League season from the five players we spent around £35 million on in 2018, as well as the fee spent on Bacuna in early 2019, has been very disappointing - Decodova-Reid and Murphy have had their moments, but there's not been enough of them from a couple of players who cost us £20 million plus between them.
    Both Reid and Murphy are high end Championship players though so will perform well next season if Cardiff do go down