+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Luftwaffe At It Again

Luftwaffe At It Again

Unexploded WW2 bomb found in scrapyard has closed Rover Way!!!! Happy now Daily Mail readers, your boys causing rush hour chaos😂😂😂😂👍

Re: Luftwaffe At It Again

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Unexploded WW2 bomb found in scrapyard has closed Rover Way!!!! Happy now Daily Mail readers, your boys causing rush hour chaos����������
    How come the “local residents” haven’t weighed it in

Unexploded WW2 bomb found in scrapyard has closed Rover Way!!!! Happy now Daily Mail readers, your boys causing rush hour chaos😂😂😂😂👍
    You're not implying that the Mail are/were German sympathisers?
    😎

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    The clue is in where it was found Tony🤪

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If it went off it could cause massive improvements to their site.

International

I recall a RAF WW2 bomb being found an excavation in the Tiergarten Park in Berlin. The senior police officer who attended was asked by the British construction manager charge of the works how he was going to move it.

The policeman said, "Me move it?? you put it there, you move it!! "

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    If it went off it could cause massive improvements to their site.

The clue is in where it was found Tony��
    When I worked in the steel works that wouldn't have stopped them. They broke in to the scrap bay to nick the scrap and then sell it back to the scrappy over the road

I should imagine that area was a target for the germans , with or without the Daily Mail's help, as RAF Pengam Moors was operational as an airport , wasnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I should imagine that area was a target for the germans , with or without the Daily Mail's help, as RAF Pengam Moors was operational as an airport , wasnt it?
    Yes it was, not sure if its still there but there was a boozer called the Airport, Currans had their munitions factory there before moving to Curran Road, middle of the road politics, just facts!!.

Nah, Janet’s Pantry & Gazzi’s Chip Shop were the obvious targets, places that were keeping the workers going😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    When I worked in the steel works that wouldn't have stopped them. They broke in to the scrap bay to nick the scrap and then sell it back to the scrappy over the road
    When I was working over the GKN/ASW Tremorfa site, the gipsies were known to use a HIAB to lift steel wire coils from over the fence - each coil weighed 1.5 - 2 tons!
    We then moved the stock further away from the perimeter fence, however, they'd send someone in with band cutters (metal snips), cut all 4 bands holding the coil together, so it then became one big mess, and then casually stroll in the steel mill and ask if we wanted their help to dispose of it!

That area was massively hit in WWII. The Steel Works and docks were targetted.

On one night of bombing Cardiff, one Luftwaffe bomber mistook the Irish Sea for the Severn Estuary and bombed Cork City by mistake.

Between 1940 and March 1944 approximately 2,100 bombs fell on Cardiff killing 355 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    That area was massively hit in WWII. The Steel Works and docks were targetted.

On one night of bombing Cardiff, one Luftwaffe bomber mistook the Irish Sea for the Severn Estuary and bombed Cork City by mistake.

Between 1940 and March 1944 approximately 2,100 bombs fell on Cardiff killing 355 people.
    I'd never realised that so many bombs had been dropped on Cardiff. I mean, if someone said 50-100 bombs had been dropped, that would seem quite a lot, but bloody over 2,000!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I'd never realised that so many bombs had been dropped on Cardiff. I mean, if someone said 50-100 bombs had been dropped, that would seem quite a lot, but bloody over 2,000!
    Nowhere near as many as Swansea got

I was aware of that. London, Coventry....

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Nowhere near as many as Swansea got
    So we don’t get everything 🤪🤪