+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: any football boot guru's on

any football boot guru's on

I am shortly starting the trip into my badges for football coaching, my youngest daughter loves playing ( first season doing girls U12 ) and is doing well at it , the club train on a friday, myself and another dad take a few of them on a monday and wednesday night ( not part of the club training )

So the team asked parents if they wanted to help, while everyone looked down and at a phone screen, myself and another dad said we would do help out, while my playing skillset was limited ( a no-nonsense CB ) i thought i would give it a go, so we have done our DBS check and are helping out at training

anyways, i got myself a cheapo pair of sondico boots before christmas, i thought i wouldnt be running around alot, anyways, getting into the swing of it now and the boots are still rubbing like hell, i guess its due to the cheap boots ?

so Adidas X, Nemeziz or Copa, i like the look of the Copa, they look fairly old school

i know the answer is try them one in store, but i want some idea of what to try on

Re: any football boot guru's on

Puma Kings, none better. Any rubbing I always used a bit of Vaseline to soften the leather

Stylo matchmaker George Bests

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Puma Kings, none better. Any rubbing I always used a bit of Vaseline to soften the leather
    Puma Kings - the choice of (old skool) legends. Plus they aren’t yellow/orange/green/blue.

Otherwise Adidas World Cup.

👍

Adidas - Copa Mundial. A bitxpensive but worth every penny. Ultra soft leather.

I always buy a pair one size to big

Look for a white pair of Alan Ball boots. You'll know you have the right ones when you see the unique turntable design of the sole.

BmGKArnIQAAyU4x.jpg

Oliver’s spot kick, none better👍

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I always buy a pair one size to big
    Goes without saying.
    Bit of cotton wool at the end, you'll grow into 'em

Ronaldo swears by these:

boots.jpg

Sorry, that should say Ronald.... my mate Ron.... who is a professional football boot guru.

Another vote for copa mundial or World cups. Or puma Kings.

That was the pick of the bunch in the early 1990s... Good to see they are still making them.

What were the puma boots with a black tongue? They were good too

First of all,well done for stepping up when others wouldn’t.I did the same 8 years ago and haven’t regretted it one bit.I would go for Copa Mundials as you will be spending a lot of time on 3/4G pitches and as such a screw in/ soft ground stud will be no good,or not permitted.As you are not playing,if your game takes place on a grass pitch,it doesn’t matter so much that you are wearing a moulded stud,so they are more versatile.They are tremendously comfy as well.Good luck with your coaching journey Blue Matt

Definitely firm ground or astro versions for 3/4g pitches

Thanks all the choice with Adidas boots were due to having a e.mail from sports direct with upto 70% off, which appealed to my dont spend cash unnecessarily ( got to save for my next holiday )

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    First of all,well done for stepping up when others wouldn’t.I did the same 8 years ago and haven’t regretted it one bit.I would go for Copa Mundials as you will be spending a lot of time on 3/4G pitches and as such a screw in/ soft ground stud will be no good,or not permitted.As you are not playing,if your game takes place on a grass pitch,it doesn’t matter so much that you are wearing a moulded stud,so they are more versatile.They are tremendously comfy as well.Good luck with your coaching journey Blue Matt
    Too be honest i really dont have the time ( with netball now 4 times a week, swimming 3 times a week, though my wife is a coach at the swimming club so takes them now ) but in life if no-one stepped forward, the kids wouldnt have the chance to do these things, some people do and the others moan about the people who are doing it
    I must admit, i am enjoying it, great to take a player who is quiet frankly crap, listen to her dad moan about the coaches not doing the right thing for his daughter ( hello, why not take her down the sports field for 30 mins once or twice a week and teach her the basics , it can only help ) and see progress in ball control or passing etc etc

I have gone for the Copa's in the end, the reviews looked decent, picked up a pair of Adidas X for daughter for 11 quid, they are in yellow, but hey ho, a nice surprise for her

Out of interest Bruce, do you find the parents help pack away, or do they just stand around and watch the coaches do it all ? ? ?

Umbro Speciali

Although I think you can't get them anymore. Mine are in my left pristinely dubbed ready for my foray into vets foot all!