+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NHL Play Offs

NHL Play Offs

Start in 20 mins. Tampa Bay have been head and shoulders above everyone in the regular season. Can’t see past them for the Stanley Cup. (Maybe the Capitals in the Eastern Conference Final can give them a game but no one in the West)

Re: NHL Play Offs

Go Flames, Go. I was in Canada over Christmas and they beat Calgary on a shoot-out. Gutted. What chances have the Flames got?

Quote Originally Posted by length View Post
    Go Flames, Go. I was in Canada over Christmas and they beat Calgary on a shoot-out. Gutted. What chances have the Flames got?
    Calgary are the Flames

Tampa will almost certainly bottle it at some point. The Everton/Derby of the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Tampa will almost certainly bottle it at some point. The Everton/Derby of the NHL.
    I think you may well be right. They certainly got a wake up call tonight. Maple Leafs play tomorrow - this city is a crazy hockey place, it feels like everything stops when the Leafs are in the play-offs. Sadly I think they’ll get bullied by the Bruins

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Start in 20 mins. Tampa Bay have been head and shoulders above everyone in the regular season. Can’t see past them for the Stanley Cup. (Maybe the Capitals in the Eastern Conference Final can give them a game but no one in the West)
    1-0 CBJ

I've spent 3 long spells working in Toronto, for Celestica who were a headline sponsor for the Leafs, could I get a ticket! No chance. Had to settle for Raptors & Argonauts games! Spent many a happy hour in the Loose Moose :)

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    1-0 CBJ

I've spent 3 long spells working in Toronto, for Celestica who were a headline sponsor for the Leafs, could I get a ticket! No chance. Had to settle for Raptors & Argonauts games! Spent many a happy hour in the Loose Moose :)
    Leafs tickets are like Rocking Horse shit. When I hear people complaining about Football ticket prices it always makes me smile... For a half decent ticket at face value at the Leafs you’ll pay $300+ in the regular season and they have 81 home games!!!!

Play off tickets are unbelievably expensive

I think you may well be right. They certainly got a wake up call tonight. Maple Leafs play tomorrow - this city is a crazy hockey place, it feels like everything stops when the Leafs are in the play-offs. Sadly I think they’ll get bullied by the Bruins
    Went there a couple years ago to watch my Hawks (god they are crap now ) play the Maple Leafs, what an unbelievable atmosphere surrounding the arena in bars/during the game in the arena and afterwards... fantastic fan base. Hope one of the Canadian teams can lift it, hopefully Winnipeg, just for the smaller nature of the team.

Only game 1 but the Leafs beat the Bruins 4-1 with all out pace in Boston tonight after being 1 down. Never looked in trouble once they went ahead either

Only game 1 but the Leafs beat the Bruins 4-1 with all out pace in Boston tonight after being 1 down. Never looked in trouble once they went ahead either
    1-5 (3-4) Disappointing, a US whitewash!

If the Hurricanes win tonight the wild cards will have wiped out the #1 ranked teams as well.

Sneeky money on the Islanders

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    1-5 (3-4) Disappointing, a US whitewash!

If the Hurricanes win tonight the wild cards will have wiped out the #1 ranked teams as well.

Sneeky money on the Islanders
    I know - had their chance in game 6. 3
    Of the Leafs last playoff appearances have been against Boston and each one they have lost in game 7 in Boston.

If Lehner continues as he has in goals then the Islanders have got a great chance now

Leafs tickets are like Rocking Horse shit. When I hear people complaining about Football ticket prices it always makes me smile... For a half decent ticket at face value at the Leafs you’ll pay $300+ in the regular season and they have 81 home games!!!!

Play off tickets are unbelievably expensive
    I went to see the Leafs play the Blue Jackets last game of the regular season 2 years ago. I got a ticket off Stub Hub for 105 US dollars. I bought it ages before, so even though the game was a dead rubber (they had guaranteed the last play off spot a while before), that wasn't known when I bought it. 105 dollars is still a lot of anyones money though, and I can't imagine ever paying that much regularly for anything. I was on holiday though, and it was a must do thing for me.
    They lost that game, but I got hooked that evening. Blew it again against Boston the other night... No trophy since the 60s I believe, incredible for a team with their history.