+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone signing up

Anyone signing up

Re: Anyone signing up

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I have never been a member of any political party although have been a union member on two occasions so I'm guessing that I was probably an affiliated member of the Labour Party on two occasion, I'm not a union member currently, that was the long answer, the short answer is No, would not join.

If they run will be interesting to see if they garner votes away from the two political giants as was the previous case , Europe must be thinking oh god no ?

If they run will be interesting to see if they garner votes away from the two political giants as was the previous case , Europe must be thinking oh god no ?
    I came across this earlier on FB and thought the humour quite good
    brexit.jpg

More likely to split the leave voters, I'd have thought.

A proxy second referendum perhaps ?

A proxy second referendum perhaps ?
    I'd still not vote but, and although disagree in principle think that a second referendum would be preferable in this instance. Would you trust the politicians and the BBC this time ?

The party had already received £750,000 online over 10 days, he said, made up of small donations of up to £500.
    Questions being raised on twitter on basis of:

i) Brand new movement raising money quicker than Momentum did
    ii) £500 doesn't need to be declared as a political donation
    iii) Suggestion that money is being transferred via US location so outside of UK Electoral Commission's remit.

Wake me up when they have more to say than 17.4 million people voted to leave the EU. If that more to say is "the political elite will regret ignoring 17.4 million people" then it's not different enough to wake me up.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

iii) Suggestion that money is being transferred via US location so outside of UK Electoral Commission's remit.

Wake me up when they have more to say than 17.4 million people voted to leave the EU. If that more to say is "the political elite will regret ignoring 17.4 million people" then it's not different enough to wake me up.
    It does seem convenient that not a single person donated more than £500.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

But were there really 17.4 million voters ,did anyone actual see them, if not , then let's ignore them ,and have a real meaningful vote , in line with all our MP's ?

But were there really 17.4 million voters ,did anyone actual see them, if not , then let's ignore them ,and have a real meaningful vote , in line with all our MP's ?
    Boris Johnson wrote yesterday that Brexit has to happen to…..

Don’t despair. Don’t give up. Brexit is going to happen... and when it does, we must finally begin the positive narrative of Brexit Britain: tackling crime, investing in our health service and our schools, and fixing the housing market to help young people own their own homes
    Why does it feel like this is the first time since the referendum that someone is reaffirming Brexit? MPs supporting Boris' views suggested it would be easy to set up new worldwide trade deals and it hasn't, said it would be easy to make deal with EU and it hasn't...

Talk about 17.4 million distracts from this only.

A poll tonight has the new Brexit party ahead of the two main parties, here we go again ,there must still be traction out there to leave.

A poll tonight has the new Brexit party ahead of the two main parties, here we go again ,there must still be traction out there to leave.
    I thought they had all changed their minds and wanted to stay? I read it somewhere, on here I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I thought they had all changed their minds and wanted to stay? I read it somewhere, on here I think.
    I think we are about to see the truth , unless it's another case of 17.5 million vote, that didn't happen.