+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: BURNLEY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BURNLEY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Really? Even if his hands are in a natural position? It's not like he can get rid of them.
    Yeah, I've seen it happen at the top level. I've had free kicks against me for doing it with my shite control.

I'm a fairminded fan, I always try to take emotion out of it. If that was against us, I wouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah, I've seen it happen at the top level. I've had free kicks against me for doing it with my shite control.

I'm a fairminded fan, I always try to take emotion out of it. If that was against us, I wouldn't complain.
    Fair enough, although you're talking about your own experiences, what are the laws? Maybe Mike Dean Implemented them-I was of the mind that if your hands-arms are in a natural position and the ball hits then it isn't a penalty. It becomes a penalty if the arms are raised or if a player postions his arms in order to make contact. I didn't see any of those things.

Fair enough, although you're talking about your own experiences, what are the laws? Maybe Mike Dean Implemented them-I was of the mind that if your hands-arms are in a natural position and the ball hits then it isn't a penalty. It becomes a penalty if the arms are raised or if a player postions his arms in order to make contact. I didn't see any of those things.
    You are so wrong. Def handball and def trip on gunner. And obviously off side for first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Barmy View Post
    You are so wrong. Def handball and def trip on gunner. And obviously off side for first goal.
    Prove me wrong then. I'm just saying what i think the laws state, i could well be wrong.

Well this is the age old problem with the laws. The word deliberate makes every handball except the very obvious impossible to call because refs aren't mind readers and don't know what's truly deliberate.

When players play the ball onto their own hand or forearm (very difficult to play it onto your own upper arm) I see them given every time.

And Mike Dean must have initially thought the same as it could only have come off Mee's head onto his hand.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Well this is the age old problem with the laws. The word deliberate makes every handball except the very obvious impossible to call because refs aren't mind readers and don't know what's truly deliberate.

When players play the ball onto their own hand or forearm (very difficult to play it onto your own upper arm) I see them given every time.

And Mike Dean must have initially thought the same as it could only have come off Mee's head onto his hand.
    It is contentious, i agree, The point is, what are the laws, why would it be different if a player ****s up a header and knocks it onto his own arm as opposed to the opposition doing it? In both situations the player is unsuspecting, how can both scenarios become different?