+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: BURNLEY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BURNLEY 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I didn't think either handballs were penalties. I didn't think the Gunnar instance was either in real time but on the replay I think it's a nailed on penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Just looked at it, for me it's not a penalty, the player couldn't get his arm out of the way.
    I agree it’s not a penalty. It’s the inconsistency though. Shot looked like it was on target (debatable) which I guess was the reason the Utd penalty was given. I don’t think the 2nd handball was a penalty but the first was similar in principle to the Man Utd one

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I agree it’s not a penalty. It’s the inconsistency though. Shot looked like it was on target (debatable) which I guess was the reason the Utd penalty was given. I don’t think the 2nd handball was a penalty but the first was similar in principle to the Man Utd one
    It is the inconsistency, Agree. I'm not sure how the Authorities will ever change that. I suppose the only thing possible is to penalise any form on contact with the ball from the shoulder down, intentional or not, although that wouldn't be fair on defenders, would it?

If you can’t control the ball properly and as a result end up doing so with your arm it’s a penalty for me.

Opta Facts

• Burnley have won three consecutive top-flight games by a margin of two goals for the first time since October 1968 (a run of four).
    • Cardiff have lost six of their last seven Premier League games (W1) after losing just three of the eight before that.
    • Burnley have scored in 12 consecutive home league games for the first time since November 2013 (12 in total in that run).
    • Cardiff have lost consecutive matches against Burnley for the first time since the 1999-00 campaign in the third tier.
    • Burnley manager Sean Dyce has never lost against Neil Warnock, winning five of his six matches against the Cardiff boss (D1).
    • Since the start of last season, Chris Wood has scored more Premier League goals for Burnley than any other player (20).
    • Burnley's Chris Wood has been directly involved in four goals in his last two Premier League games (3 goals, 1 assist), as many as he managed in his previous 11.
    • No player has been involved in more Premier League goals this season as a teenager than Burnley's Dwight McNeil (8 - 3 goals and 5 assists, level with Ryan Sessegnon).

I had a good view yesterday. If we had got that penalty I might have had a goal picture for you

#burcar2.jpg