+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Not all over yet, today doesn't change much

Not all over yet, today doesn't change much

Today doesn't change much. We are still 5 behind Brighton. They are still the only team we could realistically catch. We still need to win there. We still need to win some more games and hope they lose them all.

After us- Brighton go to wolves then have spurs newcastle arsenal and man city. They might not get too many points there.

As i said no team has ever been relegated with 11 wins. We have 8. If we get 11 by beating Brighton Fulham and palace we will stay up.

Re: Not all over yet, today doesn't change much

Brighton lost 5-0 home to Bournemouth. Thats a shocking result as Bournemouth been in relegation form for months now. Brighton are there for us.

oh come on!

we are going down.
    there is no other scenario

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    we are going down.
    Beat Brighton away ........ 2 points adrift then Fulham (a) Palace (h)

After the way we've been robbed in the last two matches that's all the players need to spur them on -HOPEFULLY

Knockaert sent off so will miss the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Beat Brighton away ........ 2 points adrift then Fulham (a) Palace (h)

After the way we've been robbed in the last two matches that's all the players need to spur them on -HOPEFULLY
    We hope it's not the opposite, where repeated kicks in the scrotum take their toll

we are going down.
    IF we beat Brighton we will stay up.

I honestly believe that. I know its a big IF but i do. I bet Brighton fans agree

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    IF we beat Brighton we will stay up.

I honestly believe that. I know its a big IF but i do. I bet Brighton fans agree
    rubbish. we were lucky to get promoted, of the performances i've seen we have been awful.

Beat Brighton.. we stay up.
    I agree.

Not confident we will mind

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Beat Brighton.. we stay up.
    I agree.

Not confident we will mind
    Who are the officials? More important than line ups it would seem. Will we get some luck? We will see. We won’t get a better chance I feel as they are in free fall and without knockhart

Today doesn't change much. We are still 5 behind Brighton. They are still the only team we could realistically catch. We still need to win there. We still need to win some more games and hope they lose them all.

After us- Brighton go to wolves then have spurs newcastle arsenal and man city. They might not get too many points there.

As i said no team has ever been relegated with 11 wins. We have 8. If we get 11 by beating Brighton Fulham and palace we will stay up.

Not true.
    Yet another game against relegation rivals which has contributed zero.
    I am afraid you sound like the fan that will never accept our fate - all we have to do is beat Liverpool and Man Utd and we may stay up.!!!
    We should be already preparing for the championship

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Not true.
    Yet another game against relegation rivals which has contributed zero.
    I am afraid you sound like the fan that will never accept our fate - all we have to do is beat Liverpool and Man Utd and we may stay up.!!!
    We should be already preparing for the championship
    What are you talking about?

I said we need to beat Brighton Fulham and palace to stay up- not man United and Liverpool.

rubbish. we were lucky to get promoted, of the performances i've seen we have been awful.
    Lucky to get 90 points **** off

What are you talking about?

I said we need to beat Brighton Fulham and palace to stay up- not man United and Liverpool.
    I was simply using it as an example.
    Some fans will still try to talk positively if we lose to Brighton.
    I am saying that we will not recover.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I was simply using it as an example.
    Some fans will still try to talk positively if we lose to Brighton.
    I am saying that we will not recover.
    No. If we lose to Brighton that is that. I think everyone agrees there.

Only slight hope keeping it alive is it is possible Brighton could lose all 5 games and we have to play them.

Today doesn't change a lot?

If we had won today we'd be 2 points behind Brighton instead of 5.

If we had won today we could have gone above Brighton and out of the relegation zone if we we beat them on Tuesday.

As it stands, we could beat Brighton 10-0 on Tuesday and we'd still be below them and our fate will still be out of our hands.

I'd say today's result was pretty significant.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Today doesn't change a lot?

If we had won today we'd be 2 points behind Brighton instead of 5.

If we had won today we could have gone above Brighton and out of the relegation zone if we we beat them on Tuesday.

As it stands, we could beat Brighton 10-0 on Tuesday and we'd still be below them and our fate will still be out of our hands.

I'd say today's result was pretty significant.
    I meant because Brighton lost as well it didn't change anything. Had us and Brighton both won it would have equalled each other out.

Seems most people agree if we beat fulham Brighton and palace we will probably stay up. We are still in this- for now.

Fulham have the shackles off we will not beat them.
    Brighton will play and defend for a point - we do not have the guile to break them down.
    We will also lose to Liverpool & ManU, we may get a point or possibly 3 at palace but my guess is a point.
    We will be relegated in 30 points.

Fulham will storm the championship next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Brighton will play and defend for a point - we do not have the guile to break them down.
    We will also lose to Liverpool & ManU, we may get a point or possibly 3 at palace but my guess is a point.

Do you have next week's lottery results?

Yesterday was an opportunity for 3 or 1 point(s). We got none and that was close to devastating for our chances of staying up.

On Tuesday we have one final chance to keep any chance of staying up alive.

We have to win, it's as simple as that. A draw is not good enough for us at this stage.

Even if we win, we are still effectively 3 points behind Brighton due to goal differences.

We then also have to beat Fulham and Palace to give us any further chance of avoiding the drop.

That will put us on 37 points. Brighton will need less than 4 points from their remaining games for us to stay up.

The sequence of events indicated above is very unlikely, but is not impossible.

While there's a chance, there's a possibility.

While it's possible, we fight, fight and fight again until it is impossible. Never say never.

We have seen far greater comebacks and capitulations in recent years than the possibility of City staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post

How did you think Fulham would get on this season?

Knocked will miss three games surely straight red?

Quote Originally Posted by lennybluebird View Post
    Knocked will miss three games surely straight red?
    Yes, he'll miss our game, Wolves and Spurs. He'll be back for their final three, Newcastle at home, Arsenal away, Man City at home.

That's 9.....