+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football experiences you’re most ashamed/embarrassed about

Football experiences you’re most ashamed/embarrassed about

Mine -

Going to the Wretch

Cheering when Manure came back to win the champs league final against bayern.

Re: Football experiences you’re most ashamed/embarrassed about

Cheering on Aaron Gunarsson not realising that he was Julian Assange...

Telling Pat Heard he was f ucking shit to his face whilst he warmed up at Halifax - not proud of that - even though he really was f ucking shit

Luckily Jeff Chandler was playing otherwise he would have suffered at the hands of one of my witty criticisms as well.

When Chris Kamara (not sure of spelling) asked me if I knew who he was. I said 'Lionel Ritchie?'. He didn't laugh. I did. Looking back I think I was a bit rude and mean. On Lionel of course.

Carl Dale telling me that Premier division clubs were (at that time) interested in him & I replied “Who? Grange Quins? Bridgend St?”

Waking through the park in Fulham and witnessing a group of city YOOF screaming obscenities at a few young mums with kids, we really have some horrible little t***s who travel away. .....

Hooligan era of the 80s and people who wrote about it - stink of that era still follows us around

Playing Q. P. R in the cup and getting the whole of the Bob bank chanting Garry, Garry Thompson. Garry, Garry Thompson. As our player just missed a shot on goal, And he wasn't even on the pitch. He was a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Mine -

Going to the Wretch

Cheering when Manure came back to win the champs league final against bayern.
    I went to the Vetch once for a friend's birthday and cheered Swansea's goals. I was 11 and blame a lack of guidance.

Not being disappointed when we were relegated from the Premier League last time. Then again, I haven't learned, as whilst I'll be pleased if we stay up, I won't be disappointed if we go down again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I went to the Vetch once for a friend's birthday and cheered Swansea's goals. I was 11 and blame a lack of guidance.
    That’s what I put it down to.

I even did a sit down protest against Dougie Sharpe.

.....at least that’s what I think it was.

#pootest

My club loosing to Liverpool in the Carling Cup final.

Losing to Merthyr & Barry in the Welsh Cup and beating up a lad in school who took the piss about it ( the Merthyr one)

Seeing a City fan punch a Northampton fan clean in the face in a pub before a game for no reason whatsoever except he was a Northampton .

Losing count of the number of kids at Burnley yesterday wearing Burberry scarves and Stone Island jumpers.

Possibly the next generation of authors.