And despite being abused by two of our low life fans for asking them to move out of our seats (at 2:20 when the stand was empty) I don’t feel too despondent despite our chances of avoiding relegation decreasing again after another defeat.

It was a scrappy game all round with neither side showing much poise. I was surprised how dominant the Burnley centre backs were and we got little out of them all game.

Our first half performance was spirited but didn’t produce much in front of goal whereas Burnley hit the post very early on, scored pretty easily from a corner and created 2 identical chances both leaving Westwood with just Etheridge to beat inside the box, with Etheridge making routine saves both times. It really could have been 2 or even 3 nil.

The second half was a different story and we absolutely dominated the first 25 mins, knocking the ball around and pinning Burnley in their half.

The turning point was Mike ‘It isn’t all about you Mike’ Dean awarding us a penalty for handball, only to consult the lino and then change his mind. I don’t remember ever seeing this before in a game. Now, I haven’t seen a replay yet but it looked like Dean hesitated before awarding the penalty so I suspect that the lino gave it, which would be strange as the lino was on the other side of the pitch and would have had a poorer view I suspect.

Anyway changing his mind seemed farcical but in fairness to the City players they kept on playing and Hoilett missed a glorious chance from about 12 yards shortly afterwards, putting the ball way over the bar.

If we’d just got a break in this period then the result could have been quite different (we had two other very good penalty appeals turned down - I was to see Gunner’s one again!) but Burnley then managed to stifle the game and created a couple of decent chances themselves which Etheridge again did well to keep out.

The team kept going to the end and the second goal was meaningless as it was so late on by which time Morrison was playing up front.

It was frustrating how we came out and went from playing well, creating chances and dominating the opposition, to losing possession so easily and the game fizzling out.

Zohore didn’t do much and Murphy was as inconsistent as usual but the 3 substitutions, despite being positive, had little effect.

Again, I have no complaints about the players’ effort today. Burnley play a bit like us but are nothing special. (Losing to them at home was a joke)

Thanks again to the two morons sitting in our seats, who were so rude to me (one had orange hair and glasses and the other looked like he needed a shower and a square meal). An embarrassment to their parents.