+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: For those who were there today- how did the ref restart play after the non penalty?

For those who were there today- how did the ref restart play after the non penalty?

Free kick to them I assume? Or an uncontested drop ball?

Re: For those who were there today- how did the ref restart play after the non penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Uncontested droppy.

I think we should’ve contested it. Surely the ref can’t decide if a drop ball is contested or not?

Re: For those who were there today- how did the ref restart play after the non penalty?

Dropped ball. We should have stuck in the net.

Just gave the ball to Burnley. Might as well have kicked it in our net.

6 contentious key decisions.. all given in Burnley’s favour.

Now, make what you will of these, maybe he got them all right, but I seriously doubt it.

Very soft free kick prior to Burnley’s goal

Seemed from 10 yards away Etheridge didn’t touch the ball for a corner

Burnley player obstructing keeper’s view for their goal - not sure about that one, haven’t seen it

Possible sending off when Murphy through v last man, however I thought he was heading sort of sideways and may have been cut off

Clear Handball by Mee from blocked shot, then headed it onto his own hand. Not sure about 2nd one, but hard to see how he can’t give the first. Personally I wonder if he got confused when he consulted the lino
    These have been a few fairly poor efforts to explain it, but comparing it to the Morrison one, it seems hard to defend it.

Gunnarsson tripped. Penalty , not yet seen anyone who has argued against this one.

Possible handball later, from Manga’s shot. Personally I think he’s blocked with his chest. Dyche says ‘knee’ which really confused me !!

Really hard to see how we got NONE of these.
    I’ve always though Mike Dean as being one of the better ones.

Difficult not to feel like we are being robbed in the last few weeks

Second half we were all over them. We lacked the quality up front to trouble Heaton enough, if at all, but we should have got one of those decisions.

We are where we are because we haven’t won enough games, you can’t blame all of that on the officials but if we miss out by a point or two it will be hard not to use that as a reason we went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Heaton booted it long to give us possession back, one of the Burnley front men went to run on to the loose ball that was rolling through to Etheridge but I think it was Woods who told his team mate to leave it and allow us the ball.

They didn’t need to do that. A slight guiltily feeling maybe?

Some referees have poor days. Some are just poor but in a balanced way. Some can become influenced during games by home crowds and or previous disputed decisions during that game - dean is none of those.........